Trailer Trash

Wild Weekend (Read 12 times)

runtraildc

Got in 4 miles with the coffee shop group. We got about 1" of snow in this wild storm they predicted. It's mostly gone now that the sun and wind is out. Chowder was left at home, which he was not pleased about.

qotd: weekend plan? DS is home for the weekend, so lots of cooking and eating. I made a pork ramen that we'll have tonight, and thawed out a roast for tomorrow.  I'll try for a second run later, working on speed. Or work on my psoas as my leg didn't feel 100% normal earlier. Tomorrow is suppose to be really nice, but windy, so that's TBD.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles (500') with my wife and Tiny Elvis- brisk day, woke up to -5° and only got to 15 above 

should be warmer tomorrow

qotw: I'm cooking Cincinnati chili tomorrow, but first French toast and sausage in the morning- DW is going skiing; the work of a husband is never done!  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Wild weather yesterday for sure.  I ran 11 just as the rain was starting, then volunteered at a trail race.  It rained on and off the entire time, and there were a lot of muddy runners.  I was under tents at an aid station and then the finish line for most of it, until it was time to break everything down and load it into the truck.  Of course, it poured steadily for that.  Weirdly, it's sunny and warm this morning.  I ran another 6.  The forecast calls for more rain later today and tomorrow.  Even so, yay for a holiday tomorrow.

QOTD: see above.  Today, chores around the house and yard.

Didn't see any runner tracking available for Sandy's hundo this weekend.  Hope it went well!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

I ran on Saturday, but I took a break this morning. We went to church and headed to my in-laws' place for lunch  I have a deer roast in the crock pot for supper. I should be good, but I am stuffed. I am still working on spring enrollment stuff. I think it is over now. I pray that it is over now. I need a mental break before I have a mental break.

QOTD: Very little outside of work and eating.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

6 miles (1000') on another cool day for Tiny Elvis and I

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

qotd:

This… quick wrap up:

Finished in 30:03:03 .

It started raining an hour after the start Saturday morning, and it was still raining Sunday afternoon when we left.  The trails were a total mucky mess,

not sure I’ll ever get my toes clean.

Just follow the orange blazes and/or pink ribbons they said. Yes, that’s the trail.

tbd.

Oof, that looks... challenging.  WTG!  Nice bling!

Did they guarantee 100% that there would not be crocs or gators in that muck?  Not talking about the shoes or U of FL.

dhuffman63

Trails

Reminds me of Brazos Bend that one year. Congratulations, nicely done.

Posting here since Monday of a holiday weekend is still part of the weekend, right?

Wild weather continues.  Today, we've had sun, rain, and 40 mph wind gusts.  Fortunately it was a SRD because I wouldn't want to be out running in that wind.  No big plans for the holiday, just doing chores around the house.

Sandy, how did your feet hold up in 30 hrs of water?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nicely done Sandy- looks inviting miserable 

5 miles (800') with DW and Tiny Elvis this morning- nice Winter's day 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

6.6 miles on the trails near the Potomac/Georgetown area of DC. I was going to complain about the mud, but then I saw Sandy's picture.  I did take a hard fall about the same area I had a bad fall a couple of years ago. It's a relatively smooth section along the creek, in a ravine by Georgetown U, and my left foot caught on the smallest rock and down I went.  Chowder seemed completely unfazed and did not help with any rescue. Some scrapes and probably a big bruise to come. Oh well.

Congratulations, Sandy! Pretty buckle

qotd continued: We dropped DS off at the airport then went to the river. DH kayak fished to see if the shad had started their spring run (no) and I ran.