Trailer Trash

Fishing from My Parking Lot Fridaily (Read 21 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Intervals!  12 x .25 miles.  For years I've been saying this is my favorite workout, but darn it all, it's brutal and i could barely muster a shuffle for my cool down.  I also think I really need the speed workouts to be able to maintain a pace that will keep me under the cutoff times.

qotd:  by early summer I'd given up on making my goal of 1440 miles with 1100 looking more likely, but then I finally got the a-fib taken care of and all of a sudden I could run a lot easier and faster.  I just passed 1500 miles for the year yesterday.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
          06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Intervals!  12 x .25 miles.  For years I've been saying this is my favorite workout, but darn it all, it's brutal and i could barely muster a shuffle for my cool down.  I also think I really need the speed workouts to be able to maintain a pace that will keep me under the cutoff times.

qotd:  by early summer I'd given up on making my goal of 1440 miles with 1100 looking more likely, but then I finally got the a-fib taken care of and all of a sudden I could run a lot easier and faster.  I just passed 1500 miles for the year yesterday.

That is awesome George! I hope you hit all of your goals in 2019!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- I did see that; will probably pass on that one 

well Tiny Elvis crossed the 1000 mile mark yesterday w/ 4.5 miles- he seemed fairly nonchalant for such a milestone Smile

hit the gym this morning to strength train, got 3 miles in with Tiny E this afternoon- nice to work part time!

on the topic of running vs walking- what a bunch of $hit!; I'd like take one of those pussies on one of my "walks"- perhaps bagging three peaks in a day most of it scrambling off trail or packing out 90-ish lbs of meat 12 miles uphill or a 19 mile snowshoe trip or maybe 35 miles across the Bob Marhsall through raging streams and snow choked passes- a good share of my "walk" miles are considerably tougher than any of my run miles- what a bunch of $hit! 

qotd:: my goal is always 2000 trail miles, I never hit my goal- I get close, was over 1900 miles last year, a little over 1800 miles this year- it's all good

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

Congratulations to Tiny E!