Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesdaily (Read 16 times)

AT-runner

Tim

More rain today and tomorrow.  Trails weren't too bad yesterday, but with 2 more days or rain, it will be muddy tomorrow.

Plan on 3-4 at lunch.  Might wimp out and hit the treadmill.  I should do some speed work since all this slow and steady post injury running has made me a slow runner. Even DW commented on it. Thanks dear. 

Found some fall colors yesterday, finally.

QOTD:  Get into any Holiday Themed beers?  Lots of Pumpkin beers out now, but I avoid those and will have Oktoberfest beer.  Had a really good one in Portland, but can't find the name anywhere. Christmas season brings out Mad Elf from Troegs Brewery.  It's an 11% Barley Wine style beer, and a one and done kind of beer. DW and I both enjoy it, and will often share one.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Been logging a couple of miles each day, nothing big and just enough where I don't get crushed by the heat and humidity. Thankfully the weather has shifted and it will be 'only' in the mid 70s today. Which is good since the AC guy gave our system the death notice on Monday and we've been limping along.

Has anyone heard from Queen? Wondering how she's faring with the fires.

Sandy-- I saw what I believe was your daughter's (Devan H, right?) pacing report on FB yesterday. Very cute and a nice tribute to you.Now I'll go read your RR.

qotd: Not really. but we are heading to a friends annual oktoberfest this weekend and there is always a good assortment of beer. This is where I'll try stuff I might not want to actually buy, including something 'punkin'. . I did have a 'new' sour beer a few weeks ago. Yuck.

XtremeTaper

Just a drizzle here today. Planet of fitness for me today for weights and some dog walking. Then pull for the Indians to night in game 5 of the division series. I hope their bats wake up.

I did run last night. 5 miles at the lake. Well we will call it a run since there was more running than hiking. Still shirtless weather here which is odd for October. Had some fall colors in the woods and reflecting off the lake. Looked sort of like this (from a year or two ago).

QOTD: Not a huge fan of the Oktoberfest style beers. I don't think I've had one yet. I did have some Hopziet from Deschutes, which is a fall IPA blend.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

qotd: Not really. but we are heading to a friends annual oktoberfest this weekend and there is always a good assortment of beer. This is where I'll try stuff I might not want to actually buy, including something 'punkin'. . I did have a 'new' sour beer a few weeks ago. Yuck.

Sour beers are making a big wave. DW likes them, but I don't.  They were all over in Portland and DD#1 says a lot of her friends are drinking them. I think it's an acquired taste.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

SRD, but I may take a little walk after work today.

AT: Nice photos, Texas and Arkansas are still all green.

runtraildc: Yes Devan did post a little pacing summary on FB, she was a great pacer (despite those self-effacing bad grades she gave herself, LOL).  I guess you can also see the comments below which included one from me.  You must have friends in common or follow a similar group thing.  Cool.

XT: Indians or Yankees, I guess it doesn’t matter the Astros are hot right now!!  Glad to hear you running again.

qotd: No, but I will say I don’t like the ‘spiciness’ of Sam Adams Oktoberfest. But I’ll be in Germany next week and I guess I’ll try a few there.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

3-ish miles with Tiny E and DW yesterday evening, planning on something similar this evening. There is usually a little down time at work, so have been trying to take advantage of it- yesterday did 4x50 air squats, this morning 200 yards of lunges unbroken- I'll be a wee bit sore I'm sure.

qotd: I haven't, but did try my first triple IPA during my trip back east- I believe it was called She-Brew, fortunately my brother was the designated driver 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Really nice bike ride yesterday so I had planned on doing about 40 miles today. With the weather in the low 60s and a constant drizzle it looks like it will be a run instead. Probably looking at 6-8 miles. Maybe some strength training later this evening.

I didn't realize the fires in CA were so out of control. I'm hoping that Queen is OK.

QOTD: Beer . Something like a pumpkin flavored beer???? Probably . But then I do like most of what Mike's has so it might be OK.

Gator eye

No run. It feels like my knee pain has turned into ITBS. I had that issue way back when I first started running and its starting to feel the same

QOTD: I ve been staying away from the heavy beer lately, some of it is so strong it makes for a short night

runtraildc

It's the TAUR fb group. I probably miss 90% of the posts since there is so much activity (and I don't try to keep up), but somehow that one caught my algorithim. It was a pretty funny report. She's got a good sense of humor.

runtraildc: Yes Devan did post a little pacing summary on FB, she was a great pacer (despite those self-effacing bad grades she gave herself, LOL).  I guess you can also see the comments below which included one from me.  You must have friends in common or follow a similar group thing.  Cool.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Five days hanging out with a 21 year old has really tired me out!!  I was suppose to run 10 this am with a friend but she cancelled as she sprained her ankle on the stairs.  So I slept in and may run after work but we are currently smoked out here.  OUr bedroom is dark now due to the deck and I am thinking of getting an alarm that turns the lights on.

QOTD:  After this past week we are not drinking beer for awhile.  Plus I drink a beer and forget their name immediately after.  I actually liked the sour beer I had...can't remember it's name though.

DC:  Thanks for asking but we are fine.  Our office is short staff due to some staff being evacuated and we also send staff to the shelters to help.  Mike did have a friend lose his home.    The fire in our area is 30% contained.  I can't believe the devastation in Santa Rosa..  we have another fire further down the road which is actually two fires they are worried will meet.  We are all hoping for no wind.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Five days hanging out with a 21 year old has really tired me out!!  

funny I had a dream about something along the same lines and I was tired just waking up

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

funny I had a dream about something along the same lines and I was tired just waking up

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄