Trailer Trash

Toasty Tuesday (Read 16 times)

LB2

I did a 6'er this morning before daylight. I finished it in under an hour, even with a massive bear attack at mile 4. I'll leave it at that.

QOTD: Do you have any weird things that have no scientific support whatsoever that you do in prep for an event/race?

I try to run my longest long runs on the same moon phase as the race (or as close as I can). Yeah. Weird. I know. But it helps me mentally... And I need a lot of help, mentally.

Oh, and I also try to run races that correspond with either a waxing gibbous or a full moon. I'll take a waxing gibbous if I can't get a full moon for my "longest-long-run-on-the-same-moon-phase" thing, too.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got 3-ish miles in with Tiny E before sunrise, a very pleasant 55 degrees, sucks that it will climb into the 90's again

I noticed the valley is starting to fill with smoke- we have two relatively close fires- one west, one north- not good 

qotd: pray 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

1 mile last night. That is all.

QOTD: I pick the best looking female runner in the beginning of the race and try to stay with her.  Oh wait, that has never worked.   I do like to watch some trail videos (short youtube videos usually) prior to the race to get myself hyped or a little extra motivation.  But it likely does nothing for me.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Not sure what today will bring. Either a bike ride or a 5-6 mile run/walk.  Expect it will be a run with me meeting DW then walking the rest. Weather is unsettled and she doesn't like riding in the rain so we'll probably stick closer to home.  Yesterday's run never happened. Got home later then I wanted to and there were a lot of stroms in the area so I didn't go out. Of course all the storms missed us .

QOTD:  Not really.  Unless you count preparing by not running enough, getting too fat, being sleep deprived etc. I always seem to do those things before most races and it always works out the same way.................................. Me in the back of the pack.

Of course I always run in my Hokas and some people will argue that there is no science that say's a padded shoe is better.

Sandy-2

I plan to do 6 mi after work today.  That does depend on the thunderstorms that we are currently experiencing go away, maybe we can send them over to Louisiana.

LB2, I didn't realize that you were a lunatic. . . as in, "of the moon" or "moonstruck".

qotd: I don't think so, but I do tend to take a Gel 15 to 20 minutes before the start.

tbd.

LB2

I plan to do 6 mi after work today.  That does depend on the thunderstorms that we are currently experiencing go away, maybe we can send them over to Louisiana.

LB2, I didn't realize that you were a lunatic. . . as in, "of the moon" or "moonstruck".

qotd: I don't think so, but I do tend to take a Gel 15 to 20 minutes before the start.

You have been sending storms over here for the last two weeks. Send them to New Mexico.

I get a little crazy on nights with a bright moon. You were really lucky on the night we ran that it was overcast. Plus, that beaver really freaked me out!!!

LB2

NHLA

6 miles this morning.  So humid.

Qotd  put on my left sock first.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I called in hooky and ran almost 7... then blew the driveway, a little laundry, wash and wax the jeep, read a little, and now getting a pedicure..so far pretty good day. i might just stop for a margarita before going home.

QOTD:  what is the "science" you speak of?  I try nit to drink too much the night before.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄