Trailer Trash

Saturdailes (Read 21 times)

Daydreamer1

This place sure is dead today so I guess I'll start things off.  Just got back in from a 16 mile bike ride with DW, now I'm heading out on my own for another 24-25.  Weather's great, if not a little too humid for my tastes. My weather station here at the house says it's 85 degrees with 50% humidity although it feels more humid then that.

some call me Tim

Yeah, pretty humid here, too. I had a nice 5 miler at my favorite county park trail which happens to be a mile from my house... Very rooty and technical but at least it drains well.

That orienteering club trail race the otheir night was a cluster** as usual. I swear those folks don't like people running without a compass... People came into the finish line from all directions, reporting distances from 2-6 miles for the 5 mile race. It was like a Marx Brothers movie- still fun, though

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

4 miles this morning.  Hopefully a bit longer tomorrow.  Got some good yard work done today, DS last soccer game for the spring.  All in a day's work.

blarg - all I can imagine is people randomly running around looking at their compass and running into trees.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Back on the trails and hills of Valley Forge today. Temps reached 80F so I curtailed my run and stopped at 7.4 miles. The shade on the trails and coolness of the woods sure beats the heat coming up off the roads.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

some call me Tim

Ha! Yeah, I guess that's how Groucho and Co. would do it. The best I've got is this: I had two friends named Mack in the race- one a tall mid-30ish guy and the other a short 70 year old woman. On the single loop course, Mack passed Mack 3 times.

blarg - all I can imagine is people randomly running around looking at their compass and running into trees.

Sandy-2

Really busy weekend, but did 18 over the mountain on Sat and then 10 along the flat river side on Sun.

Last I checked FTYC was past mile 81 and about 3 hours ahead of the cutoffs.  That sounds like a good recipe to me.  Go Couch!!!!

tbd.