Trailer Trash

Finally Fridailies (Read 20 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

And finally getting resettled after an incredible trip to the Canadian Rockies and Kananaskis Country. Thanks for all the support on my venture up to Canada for Powderface 21K. Here's the race report I wrote for my RW group.

qotd: What are your thoughts, how do you feel, after finally finishing a major goal race or long sought after goal? I think relief is a major response, but I'm also excited to see what else I can do. I couldn't wait to plan my next ultra after I finished my first. After Powderface and finally handling the climbs there, I'm looking forward to another trail challenge.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

I ran a 4 mile tempo run this morning before daybreak.

QOTD: I feel wonderful for about a week. Then, I sort of feel sad that it is over, and I start looking for the next adventure and wonder how it will match up to the one I just finished. It is about the same way I feel when I finish a really good book.

LB2

Sandy-2

Rest day.

SRD for me today,  The CT riders took a 0 day yesterday. They are starting off at Seg 8, Copper Mtn this morning.

qotd: at first psyched that I was able to pull it off, but after a while there is usually a letdown sort of feeling.  Then you know it's time to start thinking about the next thing.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

I will take a day off from running today. I will I will he repeats. Well, we shall see. Not sure what happened last night but I went out to Green Lane with the Lady, ran my regular blue loop (harder, hillier, rockier side of the lake) and just crushed the run. Felt completely normal again, not stiff creaky and clunky. I had not run that route in under 65 minutes in over a year. So that was pretty great. We had some light rain too.

QOTD: Like others, excited about reaching the goal, but I tend to do a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking, analyzing why I could not do just a bit better. A big goal race is hard to let go... I typically need to purge out a race report to get it out of my system. Lately I've looked forward to the downtime, running for fun bit, that follows a big goal race.

Sandy - that is a great photo!! Horse and human bond. I love it!

WC - Congrats... I will have to go read your report later.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got 3 miles in with Elvis before sunrise- a pretty steep route w/ close to 600' of gain; we were the only vehicle in the parking lot upon arrival, when we left there was a dozen or more vehicles- there is a 4-5 hour window in the morning where it's tolerable

Sandy- nice pic! 

qotd: the Bob Open is my biggie- big time euphoria quickly replaced with planning for the next one a year in advance 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Nada today. Can't say knee feels great either, so we'll wait it out as prescribed for another 2 weeks.

QOTD:  Like sex, at first I feel wonderful, then sad it's over (way too soon) and then start thinking about the next time. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

George, glad you had such a great trip!

Sandy, hope your daughter has a great ride!

6.4 trail miles.

QOTD At first I enjoy the afterglow, then I start planning the next goal.

runtraildc

4 miles guiding my new vision impaired running buddy. It was easier this time around, getting used to noticing and thinking about barriers that I don't normally notice.  Nice day out this morning, although quite wet and humid from all the rain. But nothing like what the southern runners deal with (LB, Sandy)

qotd: I'm not doing any epic adventures, so I pretty much acknowledge what it was and move on. I have less invested (less planning, training etc) so that's that.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning..but I had sex and it felt wonderful but now I am sad I didn't run.   Did I mention I am fatter than ever.    Just booked my flight to Michigan for my 50 miler 50 K.  Since I am under trained and the last 18 miles is a repeat of the last 18 miles no need to kill myself.  Gym at lunch and office picnic after work.

QOTD:  I can't remember... it's been a while.

DC:  Will be in TC from 08/17 to 08/28 if our path shall cross...will be in Marquette 08/18 to 08/20..planning picture rocks 08/20.  I will PM my phone number...would hate to post it here and have these yaahoos calling me in the early morning to get out and run!!!   hmm might be a good idea...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

DC:  Will be in TC from 08/17 to 08/28 if our path shall cross...will be in Marquette 08/18 to 08/20..planning picture rocks 08/20.  I will PM my phone number...would hate to post it here and have these yaahoos calling me in the early morning to get out and run!!!   hmm might be a good idea...

I only texted you early once, and that's because I forgot about 3 hour time difference.  

Daydreamer1

I honestly don't know if I'll even try to run or even walk today or not. Probably will bite the bullet and at least walk some with DW. Right now I'm taking massive amounts of Ibuprofen for headaches. They seem to be from my sinuses but that's unusual for me to have this problem at this time of the year. Won't do more than 4-6 miles at any rate.

WC - Thanks for posting the RR. I'll be reading that tonight.

QOTD: When my goals were for the shorter races that were long enough to leave me spent but not really mess with my stomach I would get rather emotional at the finish. Actually difficult to describe but I'd be gung ho to do it again. That feeling is what caused me to immediately sign up for a bunch of races after my first Hyner.

My 50 miler last year was a anticlimactic feeling at the end. Almost a big let down to tell the truth. That may have been part of the way the venue was and the fact that I finished DFL so there was no one around anymore except those who were closing up shop.  On the way home and for the next 6-7 hours I was like "I'm never doing this crap again!!!!".  Once the stomach cleaned up and I could actually sit up without having severe hiccups the mental instability   set in and I started thinking about doing it again.

AT-runner

Tim

WC - nice RR, and congrats.

Sandy - That's an awesome picture.