Trailer Trash

Wild Wednesday. (Read 17 times)

LB2

I ran 4 this morning. It was a little faster than it felt.

QOTD: Pass.

LB2

XtremeTaper

8 miles for me and the Lady last night on the hilly trails of Birdsboro watershed. Wonderful warm spring evening. Ran into Hunter, the male version of the Lady. We hadn't seen him or his owner in many months. Similar distance run this evening at the lake. I am on the 8 mile plan presently, though plan to bump it up tomorrow.

Last night kept hearing the loud sounds of a dirt bike or ATV in the woods. Sounded more like a dirt bike though, and some marks I noticed on the trails looked like a 2 wheel vehicle. Finished up my run and the said dude was at the side of the road, near the remote trail entrance where my car was parked. Asked for my help, said he had wiped out and maybe broke his hip? Weird, he limped back on his bike while I held it and then just wanted a push start down the hill. I hope he is ok, but hope he learned his lesson and stays off the trails. Some steep gnarly stuff over there in places though there are some wide, almost road type trails.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Hi LB2, I slept in this morning, my snoozing went a little faster than it felt too!!!!

I'll do 3 or 4 after work today.

qotd: Are you subjected to audits at work?

We have a big external audit tomorrow, the new department that we started a few months ago that I'm heading is being audited.  It covers our work processes and record keeping, it's not a financial audit. Typical audit stuff.....  hope we cover things well and they don't create any "non-conformances" or "observations" that we have to clean up later.  It'll be interesting to say the least.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Easy 3-4 miles at lunch today.

XT - what are the ATV Dirt Bike rules there?  In Michaux, ATV's are allowed on some trails, but no 2 wheel bikes except 1 timer each year for a endurobike race.

QOTD:  Only audit I get is from workers comp insurance company. They audit every year to set my rates.  If they did it on a calendar year, it would be easy, but they do December to following November, so I have to separate 2 different quarters since my payroll forms are all quarterly.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Got in 20 miles on the bike yesterday. Was planning for a short run but got tied up with other things and it never occurred.  Planning for another bike/run combo today. Gonna have to make sure the run portion actually happens. Probably only do about 6 miles.

Xtreme - Are ATVs and dirt bikes allowed on those trails?

QOTD:  Any chart that we do, patient contact or not can be audited. In fact my full time job wants to get a certification from some agency that requires 100% review of all charts. That's kind of Bull$%&t. The certification won't let us bill for more or even acquire new customers, it will just be another drain on our finances.  At the same time I'm on the QA/QI committee so I get paid extra to review charts and it's something I can do from home.

jonferg67

Endless trails

I got in a great 4 miles this morning. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting

my trail legs back, the race last weekend also helped boost my confidence.

Now I just have to be careful that I don't over compensate and sign up

for the Water Gap 50k in Sept. Not sure I can commit to that level of

training, I think my running mentality is affected when I have a race

on the calendar.

QOTD: No audits at current position. I did have annual admin/financial

audits in my non-profit position and the CG. I actually looked forward

to them as we had a checklist of expectations, and prepared for it

ongoinly by consistently reviewing procedures. Good business practice.

LB2

QOTD: Yes. We are almost in a constant state of audit around here for either accreditation or some form of state internal audit regarding financial aid.

LB2

runtraildc

10 miles this morning before the heat moved in. 4 miles with the fast friend, then I came home to an email from a longer distance friend so headed back out to get in 6 slow and easy miles with him (who funnily, is planning for a second run tonight with our joint running group. Since he is 75, my double is not quite so impressive).  I also needed to make up for being lazy the last couple of days.

qotd:  in my non-profit days, there were annual audits to which I was only involved only on an as-needed basis, which wasn't often.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

took easy on a 5-ish miler yesterday evening; legs are still sore- getting a lot of rain today (snow line is low, but we're in the upper 30's so no snow in town), if it's light rain I'll go for another 5-ish this evening

qotd: inspections fairly routinely; pretty typical for a law enforcement position

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

AT/DD - I run in lawless places... LOL. While I have seen a few signs stating no motorized vehicles allowed down by the reservoirs there is no one really patrolling this area. The land is owned by the town's water authority I believe. Not county or state land. Only the second time I've seen or heard ATV's up here.

Runtrail - Doubling up... nice!!!

QOTD: Well, not really but sort of. Bossman said someone is performing random audits of our notes/documentation in our support tickets and work requests. We never get feedback on this sort of stuff for some reason so I suspect someone in our organization just has too much time on their hands.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing yet..choose to attend a work meeting instead.  Plan to run the mutts after work.

Follow up on rabbits ears.  Dogs went right to that spot the other day..they remembered.  The baby ear was still there; Mama's ear was eaten by Jack.  I found a very,very  small jaw bone there.  So I guess baby got eaten  he must have been a tiny thing.

QOTD:  Oh yes, we take cash from people, we get information from the IRS, we must follow certain rules, and being a supervisor I must audit the work my staff does.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

6 miles Champion Hills.

Qotd my comtroler handles that. He is amazing.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Felt good enough to stride 8 x 200m, total 4 miles. Still bothered by tightness in my medial glute, otherwise very little stiffness or soreness.

qotd: not audits, but corporate has reinstituted mystery shoppers to encourage us to follow all the directives about greeting customers, offering a membership, asking for email at checkout, etc.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.