Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily!!! (Read 25 times)

QOTD: Maybe I can work out a trade with Mandy.  I would be willing to give her some of out hotter weather in exchange for some of her cold weather.  I like the change of seasons, but could do with less Summer and more Fall, Winter, and Spring.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

Hiya folks,

I've been out of commission for a few weeks as I dealt with yet another calf strain. It seems

a pattern has developed on my port side (left leg), that is causing problems from hip to toe.

After a few hiking/running days I'm back to my morning routine; got it a nice 4 miler this morning

in the raging humidity.

MM: Nice job with the rehab.

LB2: I was checking out the reviews of my new Montrails on RW and noticed a comment by some

dude in LA.

QOTD: Well, this is timely question. We've found a house in Stony Point, NY and my DW has secured

a position as a bookkeeper. She starts next week, then I'll resign my current position and start packing
      up the current house. The house in NY is right on the edge of Harriman State Park, which is huge.
      In our backyard I'll have access to an amazing number of trails; the Long Path is right there. From
      those trails I can connect to the AT in Bear Mountain; from there of course I have trail access from
      Georgia to Maine.

So, my answer is: I can't change it so we're moving.

I like those shoes. I am assuming you are talking about the Montrail FluidFlex 2.

LB2

Birdwell

Morning folks! got in 4 late last night.

Lace: but without the Mormons we wouldn't get to enjoy the holiday tomorrow! Just be glad they don't do the private club thing anymore.

On account of the Mormons and their state holiday (Pioneer Day), I'm going to do my long run tonight because as a state employee, I don't have to be up early for work tomorrow.

QOTD: I like the area we live in. However, we left the thriving metropolis of Phoenix (where I had lived basically my whole life) when we moved up here. I had grown accustomed to endless food and entertainment choices available at all hours of the day or night.

Our town shuts down about 8 p.m. each night and we ate at every restaurant in town the first year we lived here.

So more food options is my answer in a roundabout way.

Gator eye

6 in this morning, wanted to do 10 but somehow the snooze button kept resetting and I ran short of time.

QOTD: lack of public trailS and a month or two less winter. Last winter was a real challenge to run through.

They tried to put a local rail trail in but land owners in the area protested and cried till project was canceled.

LB2

QOTD: My kneejerk response would be to say "Mormons", but in reality, I enjoy living amongst their tribe. I have very few complaints, but it would be nice to go into a bar and order a beer without having to also order food.

I am certain there are many Mormons out there who would like to see the beer gone completely. I got picked up at SLC by a guy from the school we were doing an accreditation visit for in Logan. He asked me if I was hungry. I said I was starving for some food and wanted a beer. He took me to the place to get both, The Bee Hive Grill, but I could tell he didn't like sitting with me while I was drinking beer. I got there earlier than the rest of the team because I was running with a friend who met me up there. They provided me with a really nice SUV for the weekend. I enjoyed being amongst the tribe, too.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I only ran once at the beach, Saturday and haven't run since...need to get some Mojo to gojo!  I haven't posted my failings...which reminds me of the QOTD last week sometime so I may need to change my answer.  I don't post when I don't run multiple days but I still read the post.

I did not run this morning..I may not run tonight!   WTF?

QOTD: Not so hot...gets really hot on the summer.  Getting older has made me not tolerate the heat as much unless there is a baody of water near bye.

Jon:  Sounds awesome..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

Wish me luck ... I am going to attempt my first run since the injury this pm. Non-technical trail, easy pace is the goal.

QOTD: More diversity?

Sandy-2

I have been skipping quite a few of my planned easy runs this week.  Problem is my lower back has been bugging me a lot, especially late in the day.  I went to my core training class today and did about half of the stuff, but I think it really helped loosen things up.  Fingers crossed.  Anyway I'm taking yet another rest day today.

I did finally put up my little RR on Bighorn (finally).  Now I have to start to write up my Hardrock report, I don't even know where to start on that one...

MM: nice to hear that you are getting some miles.

qotd: Like others have said, more trails.  But after I move to Korea later this year that problem will be solved.

tbd.

DigDug2

Planned to have a SRD today, ended up going to gym at work to do 20 hilly minutes on the TM, 20 minutes on the stairmaster.

QOTD:  from a running perspective, trails out the back door would be great - decent trails require a couple of miles of road running, and great trails require a 10 minute drive.  I wouldn't mind more moderate temperatures, but I can't really complain about the climate.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a somewhat dicey 6 mile run in this morning, dicey due to lightning (and some pretty heavy rain- which we need so no complaints!)

qotd: not much to complain about here, plethora of trails close by and if you want really wild- just a short drive to several big ranges, BUT in a perfect world Big grin cooler summer temps (I'm a heat wimp), the winters are a little on the tough side, but it tends to keeps our population down Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √