Trailer Trash

Trash Tuesdaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Truck coming soon to pick up a 30 yard dumpster that we filled with "crap" from our house. Basement and garage are totally cleaned out now so we can start a small construction project.  Can't believe how many things we didn't throw away and it multiplied over the 26 years we've been in this house.

After driver gets here, going out for my 3 mile flat run.

QOTD: Are you a "Neat Freak" or a "Pack Rat", and does your DD or DW have the same tendencies?  See above, but DW is the saver. I'd rather throw things out, but she finds sentimental connections to almost everything.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Seven miles this morning at a decent pace. It actually turned into a progression run without even trying. I just let the run develop as I went. I'll try to do that with every run.

QOTD: My wife is over the top with cleaning, which is great. I think I do pretty good for a man, but I cannot hover over the floor and never touch anything. I think she would like it if I could. My running clothes are normally soaked when I finish running most of the year, and I don't sweat particularly bad. My shoes get dirty when I run, and I take them off unless I have an emergency during a run and have to make a pit stop at the house between 2 to 3.25 mile loops, depending on the route I take. All in all, I try to pick up behind myself.

LB2

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, folks

No run yet today, I'm trying to be more flexible and get them in when

I can. Ideally, I like my morning run but I don't want to skip a run later

in the day just to stay in a routine. Took the dog for a nice hike this

morning, though.

QOTD: I'm a total neat  freak, and DW is a pack-rat. We have totes

full of kids schoolwork; which is funny because the kids are 25 and 27

and those totes have survived 11 moves. If I haven't worn or used

something in 6 months I donate it or throw it away. I like to travel

light.

NorthernHarrier

Soon to going out the door for 12 roadies. Gonna be heating up here soon so I'm not sure why I'm dragging my feet. Gotta take one of my dogs in to get on doxy-cycline as she suddenly has no appetite, painful joints, and lethargic. All the classic early symptoms. I can't get away from that crap around here. I have a tick bite I picked up in Ontario (I think) that has swelled up and not healed after close to week since I discovered it on my back that I suppose I need to have looked at. Aarghhh!  For the record I have been treated 5x already for it and every dog I have owned has had it. I think all we're supposed to do is sit in front of a tv, drink beer and eat chips. Probably safer and healthier.

QOTD--Well, we have stuff. Lots of interests so lots of stuff. Lived at this place for 30 years and own a second home so a lot of stuff. We could be more organized but all things considered it is what it is. Though when we finally sell this place and move north it could get real ugly.

XtremeTaper

Plan for a running day this evening, well jog/slog/wog day at least. Probably run the schoolhouse loop at Green Lane trails. I can make that 3 or 4 miles depending on how I feel.

QOTD: There is a pack rat in my house but it's not me. Actually my wife has improved a lot on that front but we have many boxes and crates full of stuff. For some reason she does not want to have a garage sale and get rid of it all. I was thinking a 5-10$ mystery box sale might work. My only pack rat items are 3 boxed of albums from the 70's, early 80's and of course running shoes and stuff galore.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: I'm a total neat  freak, and DW is a pack-rat. We have totes

full of kids schoolwork; which is funny because the kids are 25 and 27

and those totes have survived 11 moves. If I haven't worn or used

something in 6 months I donate it or throw it away. I like to travel

light.

That's a lot of what we had. Art work from 1st grade, etc. We also donated 9 pairs of skis (3 per kid) that were "saved" (my adult kids have been boarders for years, and left all the skis with us). Some stuff I got rid of on my own, but I had to create piles that we went through together.  We now own 10 empty Rubbermaid totes.  I told DW not to get any ideas.

On a plus side, she said she feels like a huge weight has been removed by clearing out the garage and basement. She is very happy it is gone.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Spent the morning cleaning up a bunch of e-mails and other stuff.  Took too much time and now the yard needs mowed before I head off to work. Doesn't look like there will be any run for me today .  Of course I could always call off and run this evening .  Nah, better not do that I need to pay for my new crossbow.

NH - Good luck with the tick crap. It really irritates me how the medical field shoves vaccines like the flu shot down our throats, but it doesn't seem like anyone wants to really work at studying and developing one for Lyme disease.

QOTD:  The neat freak vs. saver in me is always fighting.  On top of that I'm a procrastinator so when it's time to clean I too often push it off and things build up. That being said the neat freak side is much stronger then the saver and I can only handle a certain amount of mess and then things start to fly out the door and into the garbage.  I really suspect though that we could fill a 30 yard dumpster if we cleaned out to move. The biggest thing that I tend to save forever is paperwork, especially financial stuff.  Some other stuff like clothing tends to build up over time. Cleaned out a bunch of that stuff recently.

Jon - You sound like my one of my cousin's husbands. If he hasn't used it in 6 months and it's not a tool it goes out the door.

XT - I have a stack of old records as well. DW wanted to throw them out and I totally vetoed that idea. I'll keep them until I die.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

3-ish miles (and 1000'+ gain) with Tiny E before the sun was up- still smoky - just over Moderate into Unhealthy for sensitive groups

qotd: we don't let things clutter too much- I have a ton of outdoor gear, but it's bought and sold on a very regular basis   DW had a few boxes of decorations that she likes to hang onto, but nothing too bad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Hi, I'm back.  Did anyone realize I wasn't here? My 11 day trip to Colorado was absolutely great, I'll write up a little report later this week.  The girls finished their thru-ride of the CT on Sunday.  Unfortunately one girl and her horse had to drop with about 55 miles left to go because her horse's feet were very sore (once she got the horse taken care of, I tried really hard to get her to hike the last 20 mi with the team, but she just didn't want to w/o her horse). The other 4 girls and 5 horses were great to the end.

I got in a lot of great runs, lots of altitude and up/down mountain trails.

qotd -1: 183 mi

qotd: I'm a little bit of a packrat, but not crazy about it, my DW is a total neat freak, her motto "if you haven't used it in 6 months, get rid of it".

tbd.

LB2

Hi, I'm back.  Did anyone realize I wasn't here? My 11 day trip to Colorado was absolutely great, I'll write up a little report later this week.  

I knew you were missing, but I figured you may have been in England or China. I forgot you were headed to the high country.

LB2

Sandy-2

MT, I forgot, how are we posting photos now?  I know I asked before but I can't find (too tired to find) the answer.  Thanks.

tbd.

runtraildc

Got in two miles today with the niece and nephew. They are run/walking a'marathon' and have to log 25 miles in August. Went well, even considering my niece got toppled by the spaniel and fell flat on her face. Took it like a trooper.

qotd: I wish I lived in one of those spotless houses with nothing out of place, but I'm not a saver either. Neither is dh thankfully. I like living in a house where we can find something easily. Not too much stuff in a relatively small space

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

imgur

very similar to photobucket, but better and free

upload photos you want, you can edit them/ resize them if you care to

once loaded (and edited if you want), select the photo and it will give you several links to choose from (automatically copying the selected link)- for this forum select direct link and then copy it into the picture icon

I'm not a computer guy and found it pretty straightforward- not a bunch of garbage ads either like pb

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Not sure if this has ever been talked about in the past but this is a REI sponsored site that is all about potential trails suitable for running. I find it a great resource and another tool in the shed for researching places when you travel. If you take the time to explore it you'll see it is very incomplete in some areas but still a great starting point none the less. Combined with some other resources it's nice. There is also a virtual travel thru the course that gives you a pretty good idea of the topography.

Hope the link works.

https://www.trailrunproject.com

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice Smile

NH sent you an email

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √