Trailer Trash

Halloween Mondaily (Read 21 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Not running today...since I really schedule nothing I can't call it a SRD.

QOTD:  Shit 149.5 I almost hit my 150 monthly goals for the first time.  May have to go home and do a little jog.

LB's QOTD:  Haven't had a turnover in years but use to love the cherry ones.   I'm a trailer runner I am not an athletic I do not use any training techniques.

MT Warden:  One elk: 0 Warden. 

NHLA: I have a simple Garmin 125 does the trick for me.  Affordable and does a good job at tracking even in canyons.

from my run yesterday...it is one of my favorite trails and it did not disappoint yesterday.  Excuse the dog asses but they are always in all my views.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Many years ago, back in the days when the internet forums were just starting to pop up I heard a old, very conservative preacher man warn about the dangers of hanging out online.  He said you would get involved with people who would talk you into doing things you wouldn't normally do, like maybe running 50 mile races . When you would be doing it you would feel horrible and rue the day they led you astray, but the next morning you would head back to those same friends like a moth going back to the light , totally sucked in a unable to break free .

I survived, although last night a couple of times I wasn't sure if I would, and I scored two new firsts. My first 50 miler and my first DFL.  RR will be forthcoming, maybe this afternoon yet since I'm too sore and beat up to do much around the house.

No running today. Thought about going for a walk but I need a nap before work.

NHLA - I ws thinking about getting a running watch as well but after using Strava on my phone and seeing how irregular that is I'm not sure If I want to spend the money on one. Of course I'm not sure if that may be the Strava app messing up, or if it's just problems with hitting the GPS.   I really would like a heart rate monitor.

QOTD: 210.2. My highest month ever, my longest run ever and that pushed me into my highest total mileage for a year ever.  Only need about 48 miles a month to hit my goal for the year. I stopped by the gym and got a punch card membership, so I'm hoping to use that quite a bit over the next several months.

AT-runner

Tim

I survived, although last night a couple of times I wasn't sure if I would, and I scored two new firsts. My first 50 miler and my first DFL.  RR will be forthcoming, maybe this afternoon yet since I'm too sore and beat up to do much around the house.

Were you DFL because you were the last on to make the cutoff, or were you the last on on the course?  They have a strict 12 hour cutoff, right?  I'm sure other non-finishers were behind you but didn't get the credit of officially finishing.

Congratulations on your finish.

I'd tell all non-runners you were 92nd and the last official finisher to complete the course.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Congrats DD!  That's a fu$&ing long way to go- good on you

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

Hey all. Congrats on your finish Daydreamer!

I guess I'm resting again today. I did get a 10 miler in on Saturday at the beginning of which I was feeling sore from my whopping 10 other miles of running this week. And I'm still sore and dragging today. Things haven't been right since Green Monster and I'm not sure why. During the 10 miler I was feeling better than ever in the flats and downs and no energy for climbs at all, a reflection of the second half of GM. For now I'm gonna assume I'm still recovering from that, but this is weird.

qotd: I dunno, maybe 75 miles? Just can't get it together!

Daydreamer1

DFL because you were the last on to make the cutoff, or were you the last on on the course.  They have a strict 12 hour cutoff, right?

Congratulations on your finish. I just looked at the results, and I'd tell all non-runners you were 92nd.

I think I was the last on the course unless there were some relay runners still out there. The last aid station was waiting for the old guy to come in then they were going to tear down. About 10 minutes after I left there they drove by so I knew he had come in. There was some talk at the finish line about the possibility of some relay runners still being on the course but they didn't seem sure.

I looked back over the past years finishing times and it was only last year that anyone was listed with a time of over 12 hours so I'm assuming that the cut off is pretty strict and last year there were extenuating circumstances.

Being DFL doesn't really bother me, someone has to be it.  I felt worse for DW because she sat around all day waiting for me.  I can always tell people I was running sweep and wanted to make sure the old dude made it in.  FWIW, DW heard that there was a 75 year old cancer survivor running, I'm assuming that it was him.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

DD - you finished and that is what counts.  Good for you.  In some races (oil creek for example) coming in last is considered a good thing.  But you're right - someone needs to.

blarg - sorry to hear that.  Hopefully you break this funk soon.

oh queen - re the competition, someone from out team posted a 150 mile week.  Seriously.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Hello.  5.4 miles for me with strides today. Getting back into the swing of running in the dark.

Daydreamer, well done on your 1st 50!  I did my 1st in July.  I was DFL once in a 50k. But I was also 3rd place overall female finisher. Gotta love small races.

NHLA, I've got a Garmin 110.  My DH got it refurbished somewhere online so it was reasonably priced.   The battery life is only 8 hrs but otherwise no complaints. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles tho.

QOTD: 186 miles for me in October.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR