Trailer Trash

The Sundaily (Read 26 times)

moonlightrunner

I am meeting a run buddy who is in town today for a 9 miler at the state park. It will be nice to run with him again. He lives just far enough away that the 90 minute travel time and conflicting busy scedules make it difficult to run together.

Qotd: what is the prediction for the upcoming winter in your neck of the woods? Here, they say it will be mild, especially the first part. Less lake effect snow, but cold.. It sounds like it could be a good running winter here.

I hope everyone has a great day.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

I should end up with about 20 today, but I have a busy day.

QOTD: Colder and wetter. However, we haven't had a drop of rain in over 30 days here, and Friday broke a record for a high temp for the date at 95 degrees. This morning it is in the mid 40's.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

You two earlybirds beat me to the daily!

Actually, I was thinking of moonlight on my morning run today, with her frequent runs in the dark.

7+ under the stars through the sunrise. It was fun.

QOTD: Temperatures are around 32 here now, and it is supposed to be raining, snowing and sleeting later today.

However, sunny and mild (highs in the 50's and 60's) through the first half of the week. Looking forward to the warmer weather!

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

Pretty similar conditions here, Couch. I've got a road route that hits a couple country churches (including a giant stone monstrosity out in the middle of nowhere that the diocese put up in the 50s) and on some hilltops in the next county they had an inch of snow. I don't run in the dark often and the headlamp I took isn't even really bright enough to see ruts in the pavement... there's a lonely stretch in there through a wind farm that was creepy as hell in the dark. Anyway, I survived and the foot was a champ. 14.

qotd: depends on who you ask. I've pretty much heard the gamut, so somebody's gonna be right

AT-runner

Tim

Heading out in a bit for a long run. Not sure of the distance, we'll see how I feel, but prepared for anything. Light snow flurries here overnight and our first hard frost. Might need gloves for the first time this Fall.

NH - Damn! One of the reasons I stopped road running is 3 dog bites while running. No wolves in this area, thank God, or I'd become a treadmiller.

QOTD:  Most reports say slightly lower than normal temps with above normal snowfall.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Heading out soon for 15...meeting at the park and running Jack home and then continuing with Earl.  Looks like fall has finally arrived here.

Qotd:  It doesn't look good..predicting dry.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Paralysis by analysis. I sit here slowly enjoying my coffee in front of the wood stove knowing the days are now way too short and I have a lot I want to do but I just can't decide if I should run now, do some chores I need to start doing up here before the winter, or go bird hunting. The dog sure looks tired and it's 29F out so I'll have to think this thru.  Probably run when the coffee is gone. I think.

QOTD--I pay no attention whenever people start talking about the long range stuff. Winter will happen here and we'll all complain. I just did a quick google though and yup... a couple sites predict a milder winter and then there were predictions of a harsher one. Like Blarg said "somebody is gonna be right"  Funny stuff.

AT--My daughter's boyfriend brought me up a six-pack of Not your Father's Root Beer last weekend so I tried some last night.  Well, I know we all have different tastes' but man that was horrid. Smelled good but I couldn't get thru half a glass.  Thought of you as I dumped it out.   Maybe I'll try it again down the road, maybe it's an acquired taste. Maybe....

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Out early in the dark like some of you.  Got in 10 good miles.  Finger tips were cold even with gloves on.  ANYONE HAVE ANY GLOVE RECOMMENDATIONS?? Wish I had my camera as there were some cool looking reflections of the clouds on the river even before the sun came up.  One for the inventory in my mind I suppose.

QOTD: I dunno....the forecast keeps changing.  I guess I will go with somewhere between what AT and Couch said.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

Good morning everyone!

Got in about five trail miles yesterday and a 3 mile hike with the GF.

Jamie,  I have a bunch of gloves from thin to thick and the ones I really like are running gloves with the little flip over part for mittens  and we're not using it it talks back in. I usually go to Marshall's or TJ Maxx,  they usually have running gloves there for pretty cheap.

QOTD I  have trust issues with weatherman. They have trouble with  the forecast for  tomorrow so how are they going to predict the long range for the winter?   My official guess is going to be "average".

some call me Tim

I second Muppy's reccomendation. I had a pair with lights in em and that part didn't work very well, but it's amazing how warm they keep your fingers with just that little wind mitt in place. They're good in almost all temps for me. Check out what you're getting, though... the cut of the mitt itself varies and if they make it a little on the small side it has a tendency to slip off.

AT-runner

Tim

AT--My daughter's boyfriend brought me up a six-pack of Not your Father's Root Beer last weekend so I tried some last night.  Well, I know we all have different tastes' but man that was horrid. Smelled good but I couldn't get thru half a glass.  Thought of you as I dumped it out.   Maybe I'll try it again down the road, maybe it's an acquired taste. Maybe....

It's a dessert beer for sure.  DW makes a Root Beer float with it.  We have a lot of sweet craft beers around here over the winter time, so I got used to those.  Don't know how anyone can have more than 1, too sweet for that.

Ended up running 14 miles with DW.  Snow flurries for the first 30 minutes or so.  Had my buff in my pack and had to use it as wind was pretty chilly in sections. Good news, no spider webs.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

I ended up with 10 With the run buddy. It was nice starti,g into the darkness and watching the brilliance as the sun rose. Another great run.  I was busy talking and...kinda  missed a turn so we had a bonus mile. It was some fun miles. My friend told me he and his wife are expecting their first child April 1. Then we talked about about planning a 50k in the spring and a 50 miler later...then he wants us to do a 100 miler together in 2016 0r 2017.At the end of the run I reminded him...he may be a ltlle busy come April 1...and welcomed him to MY world! I hope everyone is having a great Sunday.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well I can relax now, the found the gal from our group yesterday- thankfully!

going to get a short run in this afternoon (pretty sore from yesterday's run)

qotd: they say this is the strongest El Nino in a couple of decades, which typically means drier and warmer than normal- warmer I can live with, we need the winter moisture so hope they are wrong on that count

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

8 miles yesterday  4 miles today. trails are getting covererd with leaves.

qotd  cold and snowy acording to farmers almanac.