Trailer Trash

The ThursDay (Read 23 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

My babymaker stopper surgery was the first done by the surgeon, his name was Peter Ball. 

“Young Peter Ball, what would you like to do when you grow up?”

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dpc3

No run but hiking around out in the desert between trapping attempts. It’s already effing hot in AZ!

QOTD: no recent surgeries.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

7 miles trying to stay strong on the hills

qotd: a surgery I didn't have - apparently tore the meniscus in my left knee while on weekend leave in the army. Nearest government hospital was a VA hospital so I was directed to go there. I think the consulting doctor was a sadist, had me turning sheet white and ready to scream when he examined me to confirm the original diagnosis. Was scheduled for surgery and this is back when knee surgery left a 12" scar. Believe it or not it was the navy that rescued me. My company commander contacted the naval hospital at the Groton Submarine Base and they sent two corpsmen to get me before the VA could operate. Had a great navy doctor who was able to treat me without surgery.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Running in circles around the indoor track this week due to time and weather. 8 miles yesterday, 3 today.

QOTD: I've been to the dentist maybe 2 or 3 times in the past 40 years, so nothing to tell there. My only surgeries were a cyst taken off my back and turning the baby maker off, both of which I was awake for. Oh, and I did have ingrown toenails removed twice, once with anesthetic (local), once without. I would recommend with. My babymaker stopper surgery was the first done by the surgeon, his name was Peter Ball. I think he was pretty bad at stitching, but no babies since then, so objective achieved.

I had that surgery too. I do not remember my doctor's name but DW asked the doctor if she could stay and watch.  I guess it was only fair since I was very up close and personal for all three of our children's births.  I really thought for sure the doc would say no...but he was all for it.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I was just teasing you..... and what I really meant was if the doctor prescribes a pill you better google what you can do to make it better on your own.  but you still love me

Sue, you hurt my feelings. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

She wanted to make sure it got done!!!

I had that surgery too. I do not remember my doctor's name but DW asked the doctor if she could stay and watch.  I guess it was only fair since I was very up close and personal for all three of our children's births.  I really thought for sure the doc would say no...but he was all for it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

I was just teasing you..... and what I really meant was if the doctor prescribes a pill you better google what you can do to make it better on your own.  but you still love me

Yes,dear. You’re my second favorite Queen, after Victoria, and one spot ahead of Freddie Mercury. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

GC100k

“Young Peter Ball, what would you like to do when you grow up?”

When I was a kid, my mom's ob/gyn doctor was Dr. Biever and I didn't understand why they got a funny smirk when they said it.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nice 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The daughter of a former coworker had knee surgery performed by Dr Patella.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

registration for Mountain Lakes 100 came and went...I did not sign up.  No 100 for me this year; maybe ever.

edit...I put myself on the wait list..if my name comes up I can yes or no it than. I am 104.

Sandy:  Makes me think of Devon...tell her good luck this weekend.

Do it!!  Do it!!!  Do it!!! Do it!!!

Thanks, I’ll pass your “good luck” along to Devan.  Since I’ll be pacing her for two loops, I’ll need lots of stuff to distract her.  Maybe I’ll make up some good stories about all you guys.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Go Devan go!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!