Trailer Trash

Festive Fridaily (Read 15 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Last big push before Christmas.  Too many parties this week, so I need to run a lot tomorrow.  Went to the Beer Runners Christmas party Wednesday night and had my office party yesterday.

Maybe some walking today over lunch and plan on doing 16 miles tomorrow morning. Calling for light rain but temperatures shouldn't be too cold.

For the agnostics /atheists out there, have a great weekend. For the rest of your, Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah.

Almost forgot, does anyone know how to field dress a grouse while wearing snowshoes? (we'll see if this works on NH)

Also, what's the best bile to ride around Lake Mendota? (for you, Mandy)

QOTD:  Christmas bonuses; give them receive them? Cash or other?  I wrote my checks yesterday. I have 8 people working for me.  I told them I was forgoing Christmas bonuses this year and enrolling them in the Jelly of the Month Club, but only 2 of them got the joke.   DW got a nice bonus yesterday and that was her first check she's ever gotten. In past it was usually small gift, but now she's reached Director status.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Almost forgot, does anyone know how to field dress a grouse while wearing snowshoes? (we'll see if this works on NH)

You're a funny guy, AT!  Can't say if I ever did that but in the old days many snowshoe hares on snowshoes. Tough, fun hunting.

I am off today so just gonna relax around the house today. Just some weights and elliptical. Badger basketball tonight with some friends.

Still no running, no skiing, no snowshoeing. Getting rather impatient but what can you do. When they say an achilles injury is a slow healer they are not lying. My original plan of easing into running around Mar 1 is somewhat in doubt at this time.

Since I am injured, I have worked every day since Thanksgiving both my regular job and my former part time gig. The main reason was to put my shiny face back in front of mgt at the part time place. I am gonna be quitting this full time stuff come summer well before I can get social security so come December I'll go back there for 2 days a week. That's the plan and DW is on  board. She actually said I can quit any time now so she doesn't have to listen to my whining anymore.    Anyway I have some big adventure plans for summer and fall so I am hoping this achilles thing is healed.  Otherwise as a non runner it's hard for me to do much posting on a running site so I'll probably be just a general lurker.

QOTD-- As an employer I always gave out Cash bonuses, movie passes, cheese and sausage boxes, etc.  With my current work gig where I have only been there 6 months I received $250.00 cash the other day. Kinda nice and more than I was expecting.

DigDug2

8.5 on the roads this morning - mid-30s, no wind, perfect winter running weather.  Office is closed today but kids have school, so enjoying a quiet day at home and running errands.

QOTD:  our bonuses are paid in March, so no extra lolly at Christmas for me.

Have a great weekend and Merry Christmas if you celebrate!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A nice 8+ last night as I took in the Christmas lights through the hood and beyond.

AT- wait to bait 'em!!

QOTD: None for me.  DW seems to get bonuses all the time not just at Christmas.  And she only is considered p/t.  

Have a great day and weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

You're a funny guy, AT!  Can't say if I ever did that but in the old days many snowshoe hares on snowshoes. 

DW says I'm a Smart Ass, same difference, right?

Nice to see you, NH.  Happy continued healing.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a very crisp 4.5 miles last night; as the sun sets the temps just plummet

strength training this evening

qotd: never have received a Christmas bonus; probably because almost all of my employment has been through the govt

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

7 miles. Perfect running weather here too.

qotd  lump of coal

Daydreamer1

Got home from work this morning to find a sick wife laying on the couch. Seems like she has a the GI bug.  I took a short nap and now will run a few errands for her so she doesn't have to venture out of the house. After  that I'll head to the gym. They close at 7 pm on Friday's. Hoping that everyone else is out Christmas Shopping and the gym isn't too full.  Focus will be on weight lifting with a 15 minute session of rowing.

NH - Nice to see you stop by. Just becasue you're not running doesn't mean you can't post occasionally.

NHLA - The pooch cage from yesterday was interesting. Don't think I've ever seen one quite like that, at least not in the front seat of a car.

QOTD:

Employer  #1:  This is my full time one.  We used to get a bonus every  year around October.  Don't recall getting one this year. I think it had something to do with the merger between Employer #1 and Employer #2 being shot down by the courts. They spent all the money on that. We did get a $50.00 gift card to a local grocery chain last week which they do every year.

Employer #2: Part time gig. They still gave us our October bonus. They never give anything for Christmas that I can remember and I've been there 19 years. They do however put on really nice meals on Christmas and Thanksgiving day for all the employees and it's free. If you are not working you can still go in and get a free meal and take your family with.

Employer #3: Never give any bonuses of any kind that I'm aware of, but they will throw a office party or two throughout the year. They are a really small organization with very little spare money and a office wench ,  nazi,   manager who is just generally miserable to get along with.

NHLA

daydreamer   I got rear ended about a year ago.  I was so glad he was in his house. There is a strap that holds them in.

Sandy's car doesn't have a backseat.

Sandy-2

Took a rest day yesterday, today did 5 mi.  Very warm here.

qotd: no bonus at Christmas time, but we get bonuses in February if we have a good year.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Done with work until Boxing Day in the evening. The store was a mad house as expected. Glad I don't have to work tomorrow.

Ran 6 with 8 x 400m (approx) but I was so beat after the last interval that I think I may have changed my gait shuffling home. In any case I've got a pain in my left hip. Hope it goes away after a good night's sleep.

qotd: no bonuses for the part timers like me or other hourly workers. We do get a weekend meal catered and a week and an employee appreciation week when we get an extra discount on purchases, which is nice for Christmas shopping.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.