Trailer Trash

Thursdaily (Read 20 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Heading out before the wind and rain for 6-7 on the trails.   Didn't do the online sign up in time (thought it was by 2/28 and I was a day late) for the Naked Bavarian race this weekend, but e-mailed the RD and we can do race-day signup. Now just trying to decide which old pair of shoes I want to use since it will likely be a real muddy mess.

Moon - loved your story.

QOTD:  Based on Moon's "Solitary Run", for motivation, which would you prefer solo, with a good running buddy (yes, can be your dog) or group run?  My most motivational runs are always solo.  I can run my own pace and have the freedom to take time to look around in the woods.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

GC100k

Hit the weight room this morning. Didn't check the weather. I have time slots to run this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon, but it looks like rain. If I'd checked, I probably would have reversed today and run this morning. The one time I slack on my obsessive weather-checking, it comes back to bite me.

QOTD: I run alone. With nobody else. You know when I run alone, I prefer to be by myself. Occasionally my wife and I run together, but we both run to get away from other people. A perfect run is several hours in the woods without seeing another human. I'm too slow anyway to run with others or a group.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Climbing gym last night.  I need to rest today.  Thankfully the snow we were predicted to get bypassed us.  Whew.

QOTD: I mostly prefer to run alone.  Occasionally it's nice to have a buddy for a longer run to make the time pass by, but I don't really do those anymore.  DBF and I rarely run together and I prefer it that way.  I love biking and hiking and climbing with him and if you asked this question for any of those, I would say that I like doing those with him better than alone, but for running I like being by myself.

Running is dumb.

Gator eye

6 tempo on the mill, our spring weather break is over, winter is returning and he's pissed!

QOTd: Mr Jangles of course. One with plenty of junk, no meaning miles and plenty of time for stops to smell whatever. We could even take turns peeing on things, Mr Jangles is very adamant about marking the way home.  

moonlightrunner

No run today. It is rainey and the old folks at home need to see my face at dinner tonight.

QOTD: my best runs are alone at night...but sometimes I crave companionship.

At: love a muddy run!!! So fun.

Gc100: lol. Love that song too!

Gator: wish I had a dog to run with!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4.5 miles with Tiny E; we managed to find about a mile of post holing in the north side of the mountain on our loop; should have taken some video of Elvis- he disappeared a couple of times in 2-3’ of snow!

tonight some of my fellow Bob Open participants are meeting for beers at one of the local breweries- it’s been a couple of months since we’ve met- should be fun

qotd: since 90% of my running is solo, it’s always a nice change to have someone go along; particularly so when it’s a bigger, more epic run

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Upper legs are feeling pretty good after yesterdays long run. Calves are quite sore.  Good workout that I really needed.

Rest day today since I'm at work.

Gator - How in the world can a dog pee sooooo much. When I had mine he was the same way. Marking that he had been there every 100'.  Must be able to fill his bladder on demand.

QOTD:  If I'm looking for motivation to run harder and faster then it would be nice to run with someone else, like DS. The problem is he's rarely in as good of shape as me .  If I'm in  a running funk, like the past several months, then going out solo like yesterday to an area that I've not been to in awhile gets me motivated.

runtraildc

Got in a hilly 3 last night with the brewery group. Most of the same folks on Saturday, just beers instead of coffee afterwards. It was warm and quite nice. Today is not going as planned. Went to yoga, favorite teacher is out indefinitely and I wasn't keen on the sub, so I left before the sub arrived. Next part of the plan might be for a hill workout during swim practice, but if it's rainy, that might not happen.

qotd: Hmm, in order of preference 1) dog 2) solo and then 3) with another person. I don't have a dog so it's mostly 2 ad 3. While I prefer the flexibility of running on my own, I have to be honest-- it's much more likely to happen if I have a plan to meet up with someone.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Heading out before the wind and rain for 6-7 on the trails.   Didn't do the online sign up in time (thought it was by 2/28 and I was a day late) for the Naked Bavarian race this weekend, but e-mailed the RD and we can do race-day signup. Now just trying to decide which old pair of shoes I want to use since it will likely be a real muddy mess.

Glad you're still able to get in the race mud fest this weekend!  Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Rest day for me today.  Got the email this morning that I didn't get into the NYC marathon.  I would like to volunteer as an Achilles guide for disabled runners.  I think that would help me be a better person (but we all know it's for a long training run).

QOTD:  Solo always.  Eventually I'd like a good running dog.  Doing a little research, a Rhodesian Ridgeback sounds like it could hold up on long runs.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

XtremeTaper

Same run as yesterday. 5.5 miles on the local trail. 28 seconds faster than yesterday still equals slow. No Lady again today. Gave her an extra rest day as she had teeth cleaning and anesthesia yesterday. She is fine but playing it safe.

QOTD: Motivation to run? That does not compute. Motivation to do workouts, yes. Hang a race over my head. Typically I run solo, with my dog, a few times a month with my best running friend and sometimes a few of the traildawgs.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

GC100k

Eventually I'd like a good running dog.  Doing a little research, a Rhodesian Ridgeback sounds like it could hold up on long runs.

Most dogs would hold up on long runs. Dogs are better at running than people are.

I've seen a guy out on the AT a couple times walking with a little dachshund wearing a jacket (the dog was wearing a jacket). Don't think that dog would hold up on a long run, but any athletic looking dog could do it.

NorthernHarrier

Bring on another 4 day weekend. Oh yeah!!  Day of rest  for me, oh I'll still do a light weight and core workout but giving the legs a break. Been hitting the distance and intensity pretty good lately and things are going well so I'm just tapping the brakes a little. Did bust out the road bike the other day for the first ride of the season which was nice but it just makes me impatient for mtn. biking season. You know--real biking.

Heading up north tomorrow with DW for a little fun in the deep snow and then Florida in a week for sand and surf.

QOTD-Well I have had some outstanding runs with Mandy and Warden  but I am a solo operator in almost everything I do.  Besides I always have voices in my head I'm hearing so there's that.

Sandy-2

Took a SRD today.

qotd: I do a lot of solo runs and like that, but I also really like running with my DD and on those rate occasions my DS. With all that alone stuff, running in a group every once in a while is nice for a change.

CG100, funny, that song popped into my head when I read the question.

tbd.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

QOTD-Well I have had some outstanding runs with Mandy and Warden  but I am a solo operator in almost everything I do.  Besides I always have voices in my head I'm hearing so there's that.

Yes, I have enjoyed some great runs with NH.    Maybe I sounded too anti-social in my answer.  Ha!

Running is dumb.