Trailer Trash

Traveling Tuesday (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

hi all- got in a short run last night between storms.  Got dark much sooner than I expected and lightning was off in the distance but it was a great run.  Now heading to the airport for a family visit.

qotd:  how well do you pack for trips?  After many years of work travel, I'm a pro at fast and light. I don't need multiple 'ensembles' and really my running stuff is most important.  So imagine my chagrin at packing an inflatable SUP for DH.

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I ran 7 trail miles last night on the easy side of the reservoir. Pretty hot out there (89-91) but for some reason it felt much more comfortable than the last few days. I pushed the Lady and we ran a nice time for the loop and the run felt good. LOL, it's sort of funny but this particular route has 2 nice water stops for the Lady off the honeysuckle trail. There are typically canoers and kayakers out in the evening this time of year and I can always hear them oohing and ahhing at the local wildlife... er, I mean LadyB, playing about in the water.

QOTD: Pretty bad. I tend to over pack but I am getting better. I always think when packing that I am a slob and am sure to mess up my one pair of pants or shorts so take 2 pairs.

Runtrail - Safe travels! My next trip is to Oregon.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Yesterday afternoon, I got out for a 6 mile run that was totally horrendous. Temperature was mid 90's with a heat index of around 110. I ran the first 3 miles in 28:30, but I was hurting at that moderate pace, hurting bad. I turned around after the bridge, and wanted to lie down and wait for someone to drive by. I would be waiting a long time on that road. You could run naked down it most days and no one would see you. Anyway, I walked the ups and ran the downs on the way back in another 38:30. Heart rate was spiking if I tried run the uphills. Still, not too bad of a deal considering the heat, and the humidity was off the charts. Fast forward to this morning, and I got out at around 4:15. Temperature was 76, with a heat index of about 85ish. I ran a nice 4 miles in 32:16, and it was pretty easy.

QOTD: I pack pretty good. My wife always inspects my packing efforts for vacation. But if I am packing for a race, I am pretty good at doing a checklist. For my first 100 mile race, I forgot to pack my water bottles. My youngest daughter was adamant about me taking a water bottle that she had gotten as part of the packet for her birthday party at "It's My Party". I through it in the bag just to appease her. I dug it out of the bag for the race. It was a life saver.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers.  Was up early and got 5 miles in- the days are short enough now that it's all in the headlamp, but 50's is much better than 90's.  Our heat wave is coming to end tomorrow night.  Thursday's high is calling for the upper 60's, hallelujah! 

qotd: I do pretty well at packing lightly; just makes things much easier- my DW hasn't quite caught onto the philosophy though, but she will take advantage of room I have left in my bag 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Morning Trailers.  Was up early and got 5 miles in- the days are short enough now that it's all in the headlamp, but 50's is much better than 90's.  Our heat wave is coming to end tomorrow night.  Thursday's high is calling for the upper 60's, hallelujah! 

That sounds glorious. We had a dew point of 74 this morning with relative humidity at 96%. That is just not suitable for humans.

LB2

dpc3

Up and feeling lazy so I only ran 3 with the pup pearl. Got in 4 yesterday as well. Temps are nice here in the early mornings.

QOTD: After many trips for work I have learned how to travel light.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Another 10 this morning.  I am still waiting for this humidity to break although it is slightly better than last week.

Good to "see" Couch pop in yesterday's dailies (in case you missed it).

LB2 - hope you all are doing ok there.  Been seeing the crazy flooding that is going on.  Flooding is such a terrible catastrophe and causes such awful damage.

QOTD: In my mind I say I am going to pack light and efficiently but it doesn't usually work out.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Heading to Michigan. Up to the UP tomorrow.  Got in a nice miserable run last evening.  Miserable because of the heat and humidity. Nice because It was a fast run compared to recent runs.

QOTD: I can throw stuff together pretty fast. Tend to either forget something like this time it's a jacket or way over pack.

NHLA

6 mile group run tonight.from Montey's taproom.

qotd  I used to overpack especially on hunting trips until I went to Africa. They told you exactly what to bring and if you brought anything else they threw it on the ground and left it.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I like Strava...aid I ran 5.7 this morning...it should be more like 5 unless Strava records better than Garmin...can't decide what to put in my log.  Ran with Strava yesterday and it was dead on.

Ran yesterday by myself without dogs.  Sure is quit out there.  The sounds your shorts make sometimes sound like a animal thrashing through the woods.   A little bird in a bush makes about the same amount of noise a bear makes.

QOTD:  I do ok..but I really really really hate packing!  When we pack for camping I always get irritated because my husband continuously asks, do you have the this, do you have the that, do you have...and it pushes out of my mind what I was going to get.  He overpacks I under pack.

DCTRAIL: inflatable SUP?  Is that one of those um ladies?

Daydreamer:  Enjoy your trip...very jealous.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I was afraid to ask 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Was going to just stay inside and run 800's on hamster wheel, but went out for a run instead. My plan was to do some fast intervals, but after 2, I was too hot and just ran what I could.  I was all alone on the trails.  Saw 2 Rangers go by in a truck at a logging road crossing. They were closing of gates that had been open for a while for cutting dead wood. I like when the gates are closed because I don't get trucks sneaking up on me from behind when i'm using one of the logging roads.

Couch - glad you had a good time. I keep telling you to go for a run.  It's a great stress buster.

QOTD:  I tend to take too many running clothes and pack light for the rest. For a trip to the beach, I forgot my swim trunks once, but had 3 pairs of running shorts, so I just wore my running shorts to the beach.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Get your mind out of the gutter.  Stand up Paddleboards

Daydreamer:  Enjoy your trip...very jealous.

Sandy-2

It was slightly cooler this morning 75F and 95%, it still sucked.  I did 10.  By the way, i haven't even thought of my foot on the last 3 runs, dare I say it is better?

Great to "see" FTYC yesterday.  Hope that is a good sign. . .

qotd: I'm really good about packing light, the thing that bogs me down is shoes. They take up so much space and you cant wear smelly running shoes on the plane.

tbd.