Trailer Trash

What day is this Wednesdaily (Read 15 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I'll be thrown off all week now as today is first day back to work, then short week next week too.

Run on road at lunch is on the agenda.  Distance TBD by the time available.

Still no LB.  Is he mad at us? Hope he's not injured.

QOTD:  Any possible New Years resolutions that you are mulling over?  DW and I are talking about cutting way down on our processed sugar intake. Not carb cutting, just less processed stuff.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Very slow here at work this week.  I'm actually backing up data files and cleaning up the file room.

I'm going to run 5 after work today. We are having crappy 40 deg rain all day today so I figured that after work would be better. Plus a little extension to yesterday's rest day would be good. My knees are still a bit creaky, not hurting, just creaky (and tired).

qotd: I plan on doing some specific and decent training for the Bear in Sept. I'm even planning on joining the gym in the Spring/Summer to spend some quality time on the stair climber.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well I wussed out yesterday- it was 5 degrees and the sun was already down, so got 5.5 miles on the dreadmill- the joy of it!

i think the weatherman is full of shit, but says we’re going to be in the low 20’s today- was -1 this morning so it’s got a long way to go.

had to cancel our reservations in Livingston tod Friday and Saturday, my birthday we had planned some skiing or snowshoeing in Yellowstone, but the forecast is for 18-24” of new snow so we’re bagging that. Had enough white knuckle driving for one holiday season.

qotd: not really, DW already has me on a non processed carb diet, I plan on hitting the gym a couple times of week for strength training, will continue to get the miles in on the trails (running/hiking/snowshoeing/skiing - will hit next elk season hard again- the usual 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Dreamer (yesterday) - WOW that was a close call.  I'm sure you've been on scene where people are impaled by branches / fence posts / falling debris. Like the co-workers sense of humor.

AT-runner

Tim

well I wussed out yesterday- it was 5 degrees and the sun was already down, so got 5.5 miles on the dreadmill- the joy of it!

i think the weatherman is full of shit, but says we’re going to be in the low 20’s today- was -1 this morning so it’s got a long way to go.

had to cancel our reservations in Livingston tod Friday and Saturday, my birthday we had planned some skiing or snowshoeing in Yellowstone, but the forecast is for 18-24” of new snow so we’re bagging that. Had enough white knuckle driving for one holiday season.

Montanan might be the inspiration for Game of Thrones - "Song of Fire and Ice"

Sandy-2

You guys are making me envious of the cold weather (well I'd like it for a little while anyway).  Funny, I just received a 'holiday' photo from a friend located a little north of Oslo.  Today's sunrise taken at about 10am local time taken from his office.  There are some great trails I have run on on the other side of the Fjord.  Funny thing is, they are easier to run on when there is snow because the snow covers up all of the big rocks.  You have to be careful not to mess up the crosscountry ski tracks though, they really hate that.

tbd.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  Back at work.  *grumble, grumble*

I went out for a run yesterday in 2 degrees, feels like -11.  So Warden better stop wussing out. 

QOTD: Not really.  I need to drop a few pounds, but that always seems to be an ongoing thing that never ends...

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Happy Wednesday folks. Still below zero here so I hit the gym. Tomorrow might be the teens so I'll get outsidein the warmer weather.  Meanwhile my bil's GSP has been giving me the eye. Usually I'll run outside in this, but I left a couple of key layers at home. Being sick is another excuse, while I'm at it.

Qotd- contemplating reducing sugar and processed carbs. Hitting 50 has not been kind to my waistline.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I went out for a run yesterday in 2 degrees, feels like -11.  So Warden better stop wussing out. 

<——- definitely a wuss! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

About 8 miles this morning for me and the Lady on the trails at Sweetwater state park down here in GA. Cool and damp (38) but nice day to be in the woods as the weather kept most of the locals away. Awesome hills and views plus sounds of the rapids in certain sections.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Drug myself out of bed this morning and forced a early morning workout on the elliptical.  Still hate mornings.  Did 40 minutes. Finished with a heart rate of 172 and that dropped to 106 after 2 minutes.  Been tracking my fitness like that for awhile. I want to get so it drops into the low 90s within two minutes of stopping.

re LB2. I saw a post that he had on FB awhile ago complaining of a broken groin I believe.

QOTD:  Just my normal of focusing on losing the flab, increasing strength and flexibility.  I'd like to work on relaxing more but really don't know how to do that. It seems like there are too many idiots in this world always trying to stress me out.

moonlightrunner

Good Evening! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I've not posted much lately. I don't have much time until late anymore. Damn job takes up way too much of my time.

Had a truly magical run tonight. Darkness, frigid temps, moonlight and moon shadows. It was absolutely glorious.

QOTD: complain less, enjoy the good people and good times in my life. And...start taking the vitamins I am supposed to take because of my altered digestive system. I am osteopenia and a hair's breadth from osteoporosis. I have multiple vitamin deficiencies. I HATE taking meds. I wish I could just wear a damn patch.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k