Trailer Trash

The Royal Wednesdaily (Read 43 times)

mecrowe

Computer Geek

10 miles in the dark on the Laurel Highlands trail last night.  For my first night run, I am extremely pleased.  I had no trouble running with just a headlamp....in fact, I kept up just about my normal running pace.

i'm going to get some miles in this evening but will be on a road.....most likely in the rain.

Enjoy the humping that today may bring you.  Big grin

qotd:  That was one of my concerns going into last nights run but I came through pretty unscathed.  Having played sports most of my life, I'm pretty aware of where my body is in space most of the time.

Birdwell

this mornings run was delayed. Hoping to get in 5 or 6 this afternoon/evening.

QOTD: Trees? no. Rocks? sometimes. Lately, I've been quite prone to kicking cactus (not intentionally, of course)

Wandering Wally

Got in 5.1 sloppy, wet miles last night.  Planning about 8 tonight.

QOTD - Nope.  I do trip on roots once in awhile, but haven't ever really had an issue with running into stuff.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

KreegSauceRuns

5 miles in the park today in just over 50 min.  followed it up with some squats, wall squats, and calf raises.

QOTD:  Not so much on the trails.  But lately I've been running into cubicle walls and whatnot here in the office.

1/8/22 - Frosty 50k - 5:21:19 (strava)

3/26/22 - Blackbeard's Revenge 100 - 27:27:06 (strava)

9/30/22 - Yeti 100 - Abingdon, VA - 25:46:01 (strava)

4/1/23 - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC

Watoni

Skipped the run this morning due to an early work call ...

A somewhat arbitrary goal but I need about 24 miles today/tomorrow to make 100 miles for the month (and hit 100 on my Strava base miles challenge for running, of course). Therefore I need some miles today! I have done 50 miles since the 21st, with 5 days running, three days cycling (short with a hill climb) and two days downhill skiing. Would love to make it!

QOTD: I bump into things at home, but on the trail it has been the one big trip so far ...

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

10 miles in the dark on the Laurel Highlands trail last night.  For my first night run, I am extremely pleased.  I had no trouble running with just a headlamp....in fact, I kept up just about my normal running pace.

Great job, well done!

qotd:  That was one of my concerns going into last nights run but I came through pretty unscathed.  Having played sports most of my life, I'm pretty aware of where my body is in space most of the time.

I have done sports, too, but I bet it was the pregnancies that threw me off. Not easy as a woman, when the body changes so much!

Funny episode to illustrate my "talent" of not knowing where my body reaches:

When DH and I got married, we lived in a small townhouse. On the way from the master bedroom to the bathroom, you had to walk between two closets with folding doors. When the folding doors were open, DH always got stuck in between them, triggering an innocent laugh Big grin on my side every time it happened, as I, slim as I am, could always sneak through between them.

Until the late stages of my pregnancy. One night, my belly must have grown while I was asleep, I tried to sneak to the bathroom in between the open closet doors, and got stuck. Even though DH had been sound asleep, he woke up from the thud and started laughing uncontrollably (I still think he had only been waiting for his turn!). Evil

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing yet but may do a night run after work for 5...may should will.

QOTD:  I was going around a chain across two trees and grabbed the smaller tree to swing around.  It was not a tree but a limb laying against the tree so by grabbing it I smacked myself in the forhead with it.  Recieved a knot and cut and a little shocked.

couch: :Looking at your pictures you do have wide shoulders.

andie: http://www.envirosports.com/default.asp?PageID=20883  Stinson Beach.

and this is what Audra says

Audra Farrell So I've done a lot of these races. I'd love to do Bizz, but I think it's difficult to get to but looks like a fucking blast. Stinson is great, just really hard, and yes, it goes on the DIpsea. Depending what distance you do, you could go on Steep Ravine as well, which has a ladder. That is not a typo. Golden Gate is also stunning, though I got poison oak there over the summer. Coyote RIdge may be my favorite. Diablo might kill you, but hey that might be a challenge you wanna take on. Montera Mountain is a really nice one as well, plus Loren set the course record for the half last year. Grizzly Peak in Berkeley might be the 2nd hardest one I've done but has a beautiful view of SF and Marin. Horse Shoe Lake is ok, not a fave. Oh and Crystal Springs is nice, that's Barb's go to trail. It's pretty much straight up then straight down and very shaded. Barb can chime in too, she's done a lot of these.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Well I am a colonoscopy survivor. Cool Just woke up from a nap now and just feel really effed up. And of course last night was just a real good time...  But I did get a good tempo type run in yesterday until I just got poured on with about 2 miles left. Yesterday we had record highs and pouring rain with no snow left and now I have to go out and snowblow the driveway. Grrr. Winter again, Not supposed to drive or operate heavy machinery the rest of today, will this count ? No alcohol today either. Angry

Queen-- Yes I got your mssg.  Edit/add--- I found where you can see entrants. So far 22 peeps entered with a cap of 200.

QOTD-- I have amnesia right now. Happily.  Can't remember any impacts of that type. Now catching my toes on rocks and roots--well I have had a number of world class falls and face plants. Have almost perfected a perfect sort of low impact roll as I go down, just don't like practicing it much if I can help it.

Now running into immovable objects while mountain biking.....

XtremeTaper

I've got nothing today. It's been a craptacular day all around.

Last run was on Monday in Florida. Shirtless in mild temps out on the Florida Trail. Did an 6.5 mile out/back and a little 2.4ish mile loop that I repeated twice because the first loop was so fun and I wanted another go around.

QOTD: Ha, yes. First year at Massanutten, coming down Bird Knob... The downhill off Bird Knob seemed pretty tricky to me in the wet conditions so I kept it slow and tried to be careful. Still about halfway down I lost my footing in some mud and began to slide, smashing my face into a young tree about 6-8 inches in diameter. I had that thought again that I had done something really bad to my race as I hit that tree pretty hard. I checked my head and my nose and determined the worst that had happened was a bloody nose. So I ran/hiked down Bird Knob with a bloody nose while those heading up told me “I was looking good”. Yeah right! 

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Ultra Cowboy

Sandy do remind those non adventurous ancestors of mine that our ancestors who traveled across the ocean are superior in every sense of the word...

When one employee called in hurt and another called in sick, I knew I wasn't going to be able to leave early for the fun run.  So  I opened, worked through lunch, put out fires, and closed then went on an easy 4.8 mile out and back tonight.

QOTD:

I have a histoory of large animals running me into trees and other immovable objects.  I have a spot on the side of my left shin where the outer muscle is pulled away from the bone and the muscle below pokes through making a 1/2 golf ball sized bulge where it should be smooth.  That is the result of a big Wyoming horse running my leg into a fallen tree stob in October of 2010.  It never broke the skin but I had a sub-dermal hematoma for 6 months.

WYBMADIITY

Save

runfastandie

Queen- DEAR GOD!!!!!!!   I better start running again!!! Really. I'm going to REALLY start because those races look like WAY TOO MUCH FUN!!!!

harrier- eeegads!!!!  Oh man. how long does one of those put you off running? Yikes.

enduranceguy- NICE MILES!!! Keep it up!

Endurance Guy

Pain cave junkie

Hi trailers,

training is awesome right now.  miles running right at 30 plus and mtn riding at 150 miles weekly.  I got a bottle of deer antler spray today but I think it was sent to my wrong address.

Keep up the strong work people,

JB

ultraendure.blogspot.com