08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Oh I'm stupid, just not that stupid 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

35 Miles on the bike. About 5 miles from home my rear derailleur  cable broke which means  it went into high gear . So do I walk a steep hill in roadie shoes, or manually adjust it so I can try to ride it. Adjusted it but still knew that I wouldn't be able to ride the hill and didn't want to chew up my cleats so I went the long way to a less steep hill.

Knee update: The rehab is not going well, I am about 11 weeks now I believe.

I had no injury, just pain. Pain down my left leg, pain in my left foot. Then I developed something in my right toes.  At my July race it bothered me more then I'd like to admit at times. After that you can see my mileage is way down and a lot of the "running" is actually fast walking.

My last run was actually pain free and I pushed the pace pretty good. I guess my point is that sometimes it just takes time for our bodies to heal so take it easy and rest up for next year.

AT-runner

Tim

Hey, I resemble that comment.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

I took a final SRD today, my calf feels much better so I gave it an extra day off.  I'll get up and run early tomorrow.

Just signed up for the local marathon in January, so I do have something on the horizon.

Yup, I'm that stupid.  

qotd: I guess I have a goal of around 1800 to 2000.  I have no idea what I'm up to so far this year.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

SRD.

This is morning at 4:30, when I went to the car to go to work, I heard police sirens, but I left anyway. On my way out of the development I saw a police car speed by , then an ambulance, both with lights flashing. I tried to find out where they were stopping but could not see. As I was already very much late for work, I went on, and I am just praying and hoping that it was not the nice elderly couple who lives near my house who had called them. I still don’t know what happened.

XT: sorry about the knee. That really sucks.

DD1: your mishap made me laugh because the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I was just lucky to be wearing sneakers and not bike shoes. That raises the bar. 

Sandy: Any goal time for the 26- mile sprint?

QOTD: after last year’s epic fail and that continuing well into this year, my goal now simply is to keep running, whatever the distance. Ultimately I want to get back to the 100-mile distances and run a 48-hour race, but that might take a while.

Run for fun.