Trailer Trash

What's that? It's the weekender! (Read 17 times)

runtraildc

Happy weekend, folks. No plans yet today, just some cleaning and cooking this morning. I'll get  out for a run shortly. Yesterday was a quick 'errands run'-- the long way to the post office and dog park.  The weather is starting to shift to really nice. Sun is out, it's warming up and the winds should be dying down. 60s by Monday.

qotd: What's on plan for your weekend? Nothing exciting, but I am starting my seedlings for the garden. Got some tomatoes in the other day and will be starting some more, as well  as some peppers, basil and parsely this weekend.

NorthernHarrier

DW was at the computer early and today actually was able to get my vaccines scheduled thru Walgreens. I had kind of given up figuring eventually I'd be contacted by my clinic as I climbed the list so it's a good day. Tuesday morning for shot #1.  So far I have done some weights and now just waiting for the temps to hit 30F and I'll head out for hopefully 15.  We also are heading for a warmup over the next several days with temps in the 50's for early in the week.

QOTD--No special plans for us as a weekend is the same as every other day. Sunshine and 40's though are good for the spirits. Just putz around the property, watch sap slowly drip, have a beverage or two. 

Sandy-2

I got out early and did 20 miles this morning. 50 deg and pretty windy, perfect I had shorts, a tee shirt and gloves on.  As nice as the conditions were, I was trashed for it.  My legs were toasted from my ride/run combos and my breathing was a mess. Not sure whether also from more riding or maybe allergies, who knows, but I was sucking wind from the start and it never got better.  Between the lungs and legs I grunted it out though it wasn’t pretty at all.  At least I can now taper for the AR.

AT - there will be navigation and map tracking (can’t use gps), we’ll have checkpoints indicated but no routes drawn except in some trails. We’ll be given some additional points to plot the night before, because why not?  Then at some point during the race we’ll be given a new map to add some points to plot.  Should be fun.  There is no paddling on this one since it’s too cold, plus the RD said the river is still frozen. 

I made a little map holder for the bike since we’ll be on that for the most part. I just zip tied a clipboard to the handlebars (we’ll have extra zip ties if we want to switch it between bikes.

qotd: just some chores and made this contraption.

tbd.

LB2

I took the dog on a hike this morning, just 2.5 miles in 45 minutes. It wasn't a speed hike, but it was a nice change of pace. Tomorrow, I will run a loop, but maybe push it out to 3.5 or 4 miles. It just depends. My mind is pretty much focused on the upcoming spring turkey season at this point.

QOTD: Getting the pool ready for spring/summer. I purchased robotic cleaner and listened to music and drank a couple of beers while it cleaned the pool. That thing is amazing!! After that, I ended up taking a 2 hour nap. I also checked the game camera behind the house. The gobbler has been back there every day for the past two weeks. Today, he was there almost all day, just scratching around. Tomorrow afternoon I need to go down to my parents' and help my dad process at least one of the 6 deer we have de-boned. We'll grind some hamburger. We had a pretty good year, both of us filling all our tags.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

AT - there will be navigation and map tracking (can’t use gps), we’ll have checkpoints indicated but no routes drawn except in some trails. We’ll be given some additional points to plot the night before, because why not?  Then at some point during the race we’ll be given a new map to add some points to plot.  Should be fun.  There is no paddling on this one since it’s too cold, plus the RD said the river is still frozen. 

I made a little map holder for the bike since we’ll be on that for the most part. I just zip tied a clipboard to the handlebars (we’ll have extra zip ties if we want to switch it between bikes.

qotd: just some chores and made this contraption.

Of course you did (insert engineer humor here...).  A waterproof map case / protector is a must.  Nice holder. We just hung them around our necks on strings but we never had an engineer on our teams. Nice job.

DW and I hiked 2.5  miles on a rooted, hilly, partially snow covered trail. It was my most technical trail since getting sick. Went vintage with my Chicago 2003 marathon hat. Man has that hat held up.

QOTD:  Some yard cleanup since snow is 80% gone now.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Happy Sunday folks. Chowder and I got out for 4.5 miles before dusk last night. I've been trying to pick my times to avoid people and it, generally speaking, worked last night. Today, I'm procrastinating. Have an apple pie in the oven so I can't go out until it's done.

AT- congratulations on your 2021 PR!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nice work Tim! Smile

Friday we went to Bozeman to have a window replaced on DW's VW; spent a little time at Stone Glacier packs- like a kid in a candy store 

Got home with enough time to get in 6 miles with TE.  Got 6 miles in yesterday and 5 this morning while the trails were still frozen- much better than when they are thawed!

qotd: still on a Alaska sheep high- watching videos, pouring over trip reports, eventually it'll wane Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Took a SRD today. Felt like I needed it. Although I did do a leisurely bike ride this afternoon.

AT - yes Devan has the waterproof map holder the goes around her neck.  I also have a waterproof sleeve for my contraption.  We’re good. Nice job on the hike.  Looking good!!

tbd.

17 yesterday, 8 today, nothing too exciting here this weekend.  Just back from a visit to dad's house.  So nice to have baseball on the radio again, even if it's just spring training.

AT, nice pic of you and the missus!

Warden, looks like the snow is mostly gone?

Sandy, very clever map contraption.  Just make sure you've got your reading specs handy.  

Have a good week, all.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Pain is my friend

Amazingly hard race. I have been training in 20-35 degrees for the past 3 months. Race started at 45 and got up to 80 at the peak of the day. Kept the first 18 easyish. Stayed with a friend. It was his first road race. He skipped the marathon and went to the 55k. I pushed the 2nd half hard. Paid for it with cramping in the end. Forgot to take gels with me for the last 2 hours. New diet (fat adapted) came through for me. Had energy the whole time. Drank tons of water and drenched myself with water too. Finished in 5:59:54 and 12th male. Race had 4,200 ft of vert.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?