Trailer Trash

Still At Home Thursdaily (Read 16 times)

moonlightrunner

Today is...Get Showered and Dressed Before 7 Day at my office.

My run turned into just a hike yesterday...I felt tired inside and out. But it was a beautiful day out. My run buddy gave me a trinket with a charm reading "I am at home in the trees". Funny how run buddies know more about who I am than anyone else i know.

Today will be better. I will head out to the state park after dinner. I think a solo tonight. That will be good.

Qotd: pass

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a super short run last night.  Not motivated to run but I forced myself.  I felt good afterwards so glad I did.  Something a little longer tonight.  I plan on hitting the trails Saturday.  The rain should keep the crowds away but thinking of hitting more remote trails anyway.  We'll see.

Today will be better moonlight!

QOTD: hmmmm…...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

I went home for lunch today. 

Plan to run later. Yesterday we hit 90 deg, but today it'll be a cool 85.

qotd: I got nothin'

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

So my April race in N.C, was rescheduled to Aug 1. Was thinking I'd just blow it off but DW informed me that that's the weekend a bunch of her lady friends will be up for their annual weekend of kayaking and drinking so I'll be exiled anyway so I reserved a campsite over there and I guess I'll be doing it afterall. Assuming of course that this whole thing will be gone in a woosh like the prez once said. I think that was after he said it was a hoax.    Sure is tough for everyone so I'll try not to whine too much as I am very lucky compared to many.

Been boiling sap all morning, getting the fire going in the evaporator at dark o'clock. Trees started dripping like crazy at 32F like someone turned on a faucet. It's sunny and about 40F right now. Taking a break while DW watches things and about to head out for hopefully about 8 with some intervals of some sort thrown in.

QOTD--pretty much agree with all that.

XtremeTaper

No run yet today, but I had a nice 5 miler last night with Baker on the hills of Coventry Woods. Made pretty decent time for the run and had the trails to myself. My route last night (one of my regulars) features a fun 400 foot climb in the first mile on single track trail. I made it up there in about 11 minutes which isn't too bad for me these days. Then I had a few miles of flats and small hills before running back down. The downhill part isn't much faster due to rocks and bum knees. Baker was great last night off leash. 

The Lady's hip is sore, so we only did a short walk this morning and skipped the jog portion. I had hoped to run at lunch but work is crazy today as our clients are hospitals plus I'm on-call. I think just some road miles later with Baker. I might run a few solo as well.

QOTD: Nothing to see here.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran the coastal almost five...beautiful day here.  Dogs seem to be dragging a bit..even Earl who normally drags me.  

They will be closing our parking lot soon leaving the beach to anyone who can walk there.  So that would be Mike and I...maybe a few other close folks.  

qotd:  Since my opinion on this greatly is disagreement with the ones listed above, I shall refrain from commenting on it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Our phones just blew up with these warnings. As if...

Anyway, it reminds me that I used to get these warnings every other week in Korea. They’d be in Korean and I’d ask my co workers what it said. Most of the time they were saying “it’s windy today”. I can’t imagine what their phones over there have been doing the past few months.

tbd.

moonlightrunner

Makes me feel like we are living a science fiction movie. My phone went off when Gov Witmer gave the statewide stay at home. If my county did it would make me feel more uncomfortable.

Our phones just blew up with these warnings. As if...

Anyway, it reminds me that I used to get these warnings every other week in Korea. They’d be in Korean and I’d ask my co workers what it said. Most of the time they were saying “it’s windy today”. I can’t imagine what their phones over there have been doing the past few months.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k