Trailer Trash

It's Only Tuesdailies (Read 25 times)

dpc3

Got in 4 with the devil dog on the local trails early AM. It was an enjoyable, at one point we were being trailed by a coyote which made the hair on the back of my neck, it rained last night and if you have never experienced the desert after a rain its an amazing thing especially for your olfactory. At the end of the run I watched a Mexican Mallard land in a small puddle of water. All in all good morning run.

Hope you all are well.

QOTD: Pass

runtraildc

Morning, trailers.  Don't know what is in store for me today.  I have an 4 or 5 miles down on 'the plan', but I woke up exhausted and coffee is not working any magic.   so we'll see.  I think this fatigue is  a side effect of these antibiotics I've been taking for my tooth, and today is the last day so I'm hoping it goes away soon.

qotd:  favorite cartoon?  Mine is 'Cul de Sac' by Richard Thompson.  It used to be in our paper, but the author retired a couple of years ago.  My kiddos and I used to read it together every morning and the boys found it hilarious, especially the main character, 4 year old Alice.  And no, it is not a rip-off of Calvin & Hobbes, which is my close second.

XtremeTaper

Good morning all... The Lady and I had a nice 10 miles last night on the trails/hills of Coventry Woods. It was surprisingly cool out last evening. Mid-day was steamy humidity but some afternoon rain and grey skies left me with temps in the mid 60's for my run. Dang near cold running shirtless. This evening... plans are for 7 on the rocky side of Green Lane.

QOTD: I guess Dilbert. I like the irony of the corporate world. Like how they are business casual now after years and years of suits.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Got in 3 painfully slow miles late last night.

4ish on tap for after work.

qotd: print cartoon - Calvin and Hobbes

t.v. cartoon - anything but My Little Pony - Equestria Girls

movie cartoon - anything but My little Pony - Equestria Girls.

I hope my daughters are only going through a phase. . . .

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

With good mileage over the last three days, I am going to take a rest day - although I feel relatively ok.

dpc - it's funny you mention the scent of the desert after the rain.  On my run yesterday, I spent a good deal of time distracted by the smells on my run.  I don't know if I could describe any of them but I just know that it is a good part of trail running.

birdwell - get through the crappy runs now and they will get better soon enough.  And My Little Ponies??? I am not making fun...I understand the whole watching what my kids watch.  MY DD (age 5) will bed for me to sit and watch something with her...so I do.

QOTD: I don't read the comics in the newspaper but I used to like Garfield when I was a kid.  Cartoon o TV - used to love the road runner as a kid and Tom & Jerry.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Today is primary election day here in PA. We need to vote for a new sheriff since the old one is retiring. Also gotta help throw some bums off the school board. So after I head out to vote I'll go for a 25-30 mile bike ride then a 3-4 mile walk with DW later this evening.

QOTD: Gotta agree with Birdwell. Calvin and Hobbes are cool. Always loved Hobbes.  For TV I liked the mindless drivel of The Simpsons, although the idiocy of South Park was always close behind.   If I go way back into my childhood I was a Spiderman fan. If I pick up a paper I always look at the cartoons. I rarely watch anything on TV.

LB2

I had a great run yesterday afternoon after work. It was 7 miles, the longest run since my NM trip. I suffered some degree of withdrawals after coming back from nice, dry, cool mountain air, but things seem to be in order now. I am acclimated back to the thick air down here. Anyway, I saw my first poult (young turkey) of the year yesterday. I am still concerned about the hatch this year, but I was glad to see some little ones.

QOTD: I guess BC.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's nice to see DPC back. 

What I say I was going to do yesterday?  well I didn't.  Will run my lunchtime 5 today.  Sleep in a little but had enough time to plant some vegetables this am.

QOTD:  The comics in ours suck...I only read Dilbert because I can relate the office life.  Hasn't been very good for a long time though.  TV cartoon...I like how South Park is outrageous but the voices drive me crazy.  Childhood was Brenda (she was the red headed reporter)  and Fat Albert.

Xtreme:  Shirtless huh?  as AT always says...pictures!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Worked on the pool, voted, and then hit the woods much later than I wanted.  It was 80 degrees and humid and I added my own smell to the woods.   After 6 miles I was soaked and done.  Only a 3 miler on Thursday before our 24hr race.  My left first metatarsal area is still sore and has had no change in 10 days of taper.  DW has some achilles issues on right leg. Oh well, deal with it cupcakes.

QOTD:  I always liked Ripley's, even as a kid.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

birdwell - get through the crappy runs now and they will get better soon enough.  And My Little Ponies??? I am not making fun...I understand the whole watching what my kids watch.  MY DD (age 5) will bed  beg  for me to sit and watch something with her...so I do.

Jamie - fixed your post.  Don't want you to get arrested. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Ugh, done after a whole shift at work, starting early.

To my surprise, I'm not sore at all, just the groin is a bit achy, and the blisters on my feet hurt when I have to wear shoes. Otherwise, all systems are running smoothly again. I might try a few shakeout miles later, provided I can get my feet into the shoes (now I wish I had monkey socks .

dpc: Glad to have you back again!

traildc, LB2, Taper: What is this "humidity" thing you are talking about?  

Birdwell: Slow and steady it is at times. It's called mental training.

Jamie: I don't want to jinx it, but enjoy while it lasts!

DD1: Have fun!

Queen: What veggies? Reminds me that I'll have to put in the tomatoes, zucchini and pumpkin soon! BTW, you wouldn't want to risk looking at a shirtless XT on your computer - might permanently damage the screen, or your eyes, or your marriage...

AT: Weather sounds just fine to me .

QOTD: On TV: Tom and Jerry, Inspector Gadget

Printed: Dilbert, Garfield

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

SR and fight the above ground pool Day. Dunno about all of you, but about midday here the temps dipped into comfy range.. ought to be good to squeeze in a midweek long run tomorrow (my wife's goal marathon is this weekend and I'm just trying to free things up)

qotd: yeah, Calvin and Hobbes. I don't ever remember liking anything else, and with a couple of souvenir related exceptions I don't think I've bought a physical newspaper in a decade. I am, unfortunately, all too familiar with the backbiting ponies of Equestria and many, many other current toons. My favorite recently is probably Backyardigans, which has awesome music for a kids' show.