Trailer Trash

It's Monday (Read 21 times)

NorthernHarrier

Just got home from another short day at my work thing. Right now I sure don't mind the short days since I have one leg out the door but if I were actually trying to make a living it would be time to move on.  Gonna head over to the Arb for maybe 8 muddy miles but I need to stop by a transmission repair place on the way as I am hearing some strange noises emitting from it. I suppose I could just turn the radio up so I don't hear it anymore and call it fixed. 

DD--well first off everyone knows the best syrup comes from Wi. and Mi. All that northeast stuff is nonsense.   Everything can very from year to year, tree to tree, etc. but runtrail is correct in that usually the better color comes real early. The sap has a higher sugar content early though that doesn't make it taste better as it just makes for less boiling. You're still going to arrive at the same density in the end. Some producers, especially larger commercial ones won't boil the sap to the thicker point just to increase yield. I've had years where the sap was real dark and that didn't taste quite as good to me. But I agree that just a little more amber color seems to look and taste better. You will also darken the syrup incidentally during boiling if you lose the boil a few times in the process.  The big IF we can meet up in Glacier I will try to remember to bring some of mine along that you can enjoy.

QOTD--Heading down to Tennessee on April 16th to run the trails of Savage Gulf, Falls Creek, and Virgin Falls. A week after that I'll run point to point of the West Rim trail in Zion.  The only race on my calendar is Beaverhead 55k in July. Not exactly sure what I was thinking there.

LB2

LB2

Daydreamer1

NH and Runtrail - Thanks for the explanations on the maple syrup. Even though it's not my favorite food product I've always been kind of fascinated  by the process.

Warden - 400 pushups??? In one day??? . No wonder you're sore.  Now I'm not going to bother bragging about hitting 185 lbson my bench press today.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

it took right at 38 minutes to finish the 20 sets, first 10 sets were completed in about 13 minutes- little harder as you get deeper into the sets 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

We did a great 5 mi hike along the ridge trail near Mount Mitchel in North Carolina today. The trail was no gummie. Here are some pics.

Now we are in Asheville visiting a few brewerys, great stuff.

qotd:  the end of April I'm doing a double marathon 52.6 miler with my DD.  I'm pretty much ready now and still have a month to go.

tbd.