Trailer Trash

Reminiscing (Read 36 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

So some of the recent postings and happenings have made me a little reminiscent of some of the former days in here.  While I knew all of our threads are on here, I never really went all the way back to the beginning to see reread some of the posts.  Wrigleygirl's post about John is really what made me want to go back.  It also helps that I am sitting on a phone conference at work that is utterly boring. 

Sooooo many people were posting and interacting back then.

Just go to the main TrailerTrash forum page and right under Group Messages you can arrow back to the beginning threads.  Lots of stuff in there from John (& others).

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I did just that and WOW..so many folks that are no longer posting.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I did that the other day . Like so many , when John's FB account went into FB never never land,  I was a bit heartbroken . All his comments on my pictures , messages , great advice he offered,  gone . I know it's still there because I remember some comments he made on pictures and if you see it says 6 comments and only 5 are there,  you know it's somewhere . When I saw his posts here , I thought someone should save them and archive them somewhere , just in case something happens to this forum. There is a small group on FB to honor him , his daughter drops in once in awhile , it's mostly pictures he would like .

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Was thinking the same thing.  We should try and save at least the threads he started.

I did that the other day . Like so many , when John's FB account went into FB never never land,  I was a bit heartbroken . All his comments on my pictures , messages , great advice he offered,  gone . I know it's still there because I remember some comments he made on pictures and if you see it says 6 comments and only 5 are there,  you know it's somewhere . When I saw his posts here , I thought someone should save them and archive them somewhere , just in case something happens to this forum. There is a small group on FB to honor him , his daughter drops in once in awhile , it's mostly pictures he would like .

valerienv

Thread killer ..

We should throw this ball back and forth until a good idea of where comes to pass . Do you think there is a copyright involved or is it fair use from a forum post ?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not sure but you know who would know? - John M.  I know nothing about copyright rules.  I do know plagiarism - or should I say I know your not supposed to plagiarize.  I think as long as it is all acknowledged to John M., which is the whole reason for it anyway, I think it's ok.  maybe someone knows more about that.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Not sure but you know who would know? - John M.  I know nothing about copyright rules.  I do know plagiarism - or should I say I know your not supposed to plagiarize.  I think as long as it is all acknowledged to John M., which is the whole reason for it anyway, I think it's ok.  maybe someone knows more about that.

Over on the RWOL forums there was a well respected poster known as Jim2. Someone copied his entire website where he had all sorts of articles on training and racing so we wouldn't lose it as a great reference. I think they contacted his widow for permission but I don't know if there was anything formal with copyright rules.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.