Trailer Trash

Mondailies (Read 27 times)

LB2

QOTD: Yes. But it depends on the event I may be getting ready to do. I have a race in two weeks with lots of climbing. I have spent a pretty good bit of time using the TM at the gym for some targeted hill work. I have one more session of that tomorrow. I feel like my climbing legs will be fine; I am more concerned about my downhill later in the race. And, I don't know exactly how I am going to deal with some of that. Do I run the shorter hills on the front end or do I start walking hills from the get-go? I'll probably play it by ear and make sure my heart rate doesn't spike early like it did last time I attempted this course for a 100 miles. I did a 50K on the same course, or at least 31.1 miles of the course, earlier this year. I wasn't in shape, but I didn't really have any problems in that event. But it was real slow.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Lunch or after work...will decide later.  No run this weekend but did a Mt Bike ride that targets a different set of muscles so that is good.

QOTD:  I just run...if I have a fast run then after the fact I may call it a speed work out.

TT:  Beautiful and creepy Halloween photo.

Watoni:  Signed up for Northface Marathon in Dec...so are you going to be there doing the 50 miler?

Jamie:  Bummer...

Everyone:  Thanks for all the advice.   Especially smart ass comments.    Mandy..of course Earl stays with me!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

I am still not 100% decided but most likely I will stop running for a while.

I have to admit that I forgot exactly what your injury is and I really don't have any words of wisdom concerning it.  Just don't forget to regularly check in with us here.  Remember that there are other ways to remain active other then running.  Maybe spending some time in the gym will let you heal and strengthen.

XtremeTaper

Holy crap!! I set a CR/personal best at the Evansburg Trail Challenge (10 miler) yesterday beating my 42 year old self by nearly 2 minutes. Granted I wasn't in the best shape of my life in 2003 when I ran this in just under 1:20 but I was in BQ (3:20 marathon) shape so I wasn't a total slacker either. Ended up just under 1:18 for the 10 mile trail run on a picture perfect cool fall day. Went out a little fast but settled in about 4 miles and was steady the rest of the run. The first creek crossing was a blast as it was up to my gonads in a few places. This is a fairly fast course with no big hills, just some small ones, and few if any rocks, so running sub8 minute pace was my goal and beating my slacker ass 42 year old self was as well.

Today's run will be a non-timed easy 6-7 on the hills of Coventry Woods. I think I have to admit running over there has helped my fitness this year. A long steady grinder of a climb to start off then some faster stuff up on the ridge and back down with one more sustained but totally runnable climb midway.

QOTD: I have done little if any organized speed work this year. I think once or twice the standard 3-4 mile tempo. Everything else has been run like you feel like it which some days might be fast but since I don't measure miles or pace accurately it's completely by feel. It seems to be working to some degree. One of the local trails I frequent I do sort of push that run once a week.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

QOTD (Addendum): And I do quite a bit of heat training, which is pretty much the standard down here. But I am really glad I ran a 50 miler in 90+ temps a few weeks ago. It looks like Pinhoti will be "sunny and warm". That could change in a week, but I'll be prepared for "warm", especially if it is only around 80.

Nice work, Xtreme!!!

LB2

Watoni

SRD ... I ran a whole 27 miles this weekend Wink

QOTD: I do more  structured workouts and speed work when I am fitter. Now I am working on base endurance ...

Sandy-2

Took a SRD on Monday and then did 5 miles on Tuesday (didn't get turned around this time.)

Very Important:  I actually did some laundry last night, which has it's challenges.  But I really needed to figure out how to wash my running stuff since washing it in the sink doesn't cut it after a while...

Nice photo TT - looks creepy.

QoN: as it should be.

Mandy..of course Earl stays with me!!

qotd: I've been "just running" with some tempo runs thrown in these past few years.  But now I'm here with the hills and it's cooler, I'll be taking advantage of it.

tbd.