Trailer Trash

Vocanic Mondaily (Read 22 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning...I was tired of getting up early.....Pilates after work.  The instructor had the nerve to say an hour of pilates was equal to a marathon.   I don't think so.

Sandy:  Nice pictures...looks like a very rugged course and a fall would cause a lot of damage.

Moonlight:  We will be starting GOT from the library this week.

QOTD:  Nothing.

AT:  My interest level in the Boston marathon is extremely low to non-existence.

Gatsby:  Enjoy your new undies... comfy panties are important.  Any chance of pictures

Mandy:  Don't forget about that climbing pad your going to reclaim!!! as for your to much gear...invite me to your garage sale.

NH:  You mean a tent that is connected to your car...I thought you said those were stupid? 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- nice pics, but where’s the snow? 

Gatsby- wildflower pic was very nice Smile

4 miles on the trails with DW and Tiny E yesterday, then a good soaking at the local hot springs- replete with adult beverages and pub food!

Probably hit the gym this evening to strength train

qotd: let’s see- a new UL pad, a 12 oz 30 liter pack, a 40 degree quilt- I’ll quit there in case DW sees this post 

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

as for your to much gear...invite me to your garage sale.

If you move back to the Midwest, we can go backpacking and you can borrow some stuff. 

Running is dumb.

LB2

I got a 1.7 mile hike/sneak on a hunt this morning. I have had so much fun this spring in the woods. We'll have to go back and hunt there Wednesday. The cows got between us and the turkey, and we had things to do today. I managed to get the drive belt on my Cub Cadet mower today; had to unbolt the engine... Waiting on a part to come in from Amazon, but I think we are headed in the right direction with it. After that, I ran/hiked at 2.5 mile loop with the doggy. Now, I am drinking beer, and anyone who has a problem with that can kiss my ass. I am on huntcation at home this year.

QOTD: I got a new pair of shoes a couple of weeks ago, and I got a new base layer for hunting from KUIU. I didn't think I would get to wear it since they moved our spring season back, but it was cool enough this morning. I don't know if it was worth the price, but it works well.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work running.  Well running calls that is. Been fairly busy today but not too terrible bad.

Just about had a panic attack this morning.  Couldn't breathe right, couldn't think straight, barely could function..................Then I found my cell phone in my car .   It's amazing how attached I've become to that thing .  Needed to consult with a Dr about a patient I had and I hate using the radio for that stuff. I reached down for it and it wasn't there. Almost felt naked once I realized it wasn't on my belt .  I was convinced I had left it at home because I couldn't remember taking it off my belt in the car.  I really hate not having it, especially for a 24 hour shift.

Bert-o - Only the self absorbed millennials, which unfortunately seems to be the majority of them.  Believe it or not, but we have had several pretty good ones start here at work.  Gives hope for the future.  Those at the game were just clueless to anyone or anything around them. Some people behind us left early, possibly because of them.   DW and I think it was the high price of sitting in the cheap seats.

LB2- The turkeys must be hiring the cows to provide a screen for them.  Smart birds. Ya might want to tell the cows that beef goes well with turkey .

QOTD:   Nothing running or hiking related. A bunch of bike related stuff.

AT:  My interest level in the Boston marathon is extremely low to non-existence.

Gatsby:  Enjoy your new undies... comfy panties are important.  Any chance of pictures

Lol, was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask.

Bert-o, I hope you and the missus see lots of flowers in Big Sur.  I was in Marks Ranch, which isn’t open to the public, but it’s right next to Toro Park and near Fort Ord National Monument, which are public, on Hwy 68.

I’m also pretty disinterested in the Boston Marathon.  And GoT.  Making today a good day to avoid social media. Well, then Norte Dame cathedral started burning. 

Ran 6 miles this morning.  Supposedly working from home today.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

dhuffman63

Trails

I went to the gym at lunch and did 30 min (5.20 miles) on the bike and they had Fox News on and I was dismayed to see the Cathedral burning.  I loved visiting that place when I was in Paris.  It's stunning the workmanship and to know they did all that over 800 years ago.

I am also disinterested in the Boston marathon...even back when I was younger I never would have qualified and once I found trails I don't want to do roads.  GOTs maybe someday.  I enjoyed the books and it's made me mad that I'm still waiting on the last one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I asked for the guys...believe me the guys wanted to but were just being polite.

Lol, was wondering how long it would take for someone to ask.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Thanks all, yes we got really lucky with the weather yesterday. And yes the volcano is quite dormant, the last eruption was abt 5,000 years ago, fortunately. 

Its already Tuesday here and I got up and did 8 mi this morning along the coastal trail. The coastal “Olle Trail” goes all the way around the island, I guess about 260 miles!!!  It’s still quite hilly and my legs were tired from the big hill yesterday, but glad I got it done.

Now its 2 days of very boring meetings.

Really sad news from Paris today, fully acknowledged at the opening of my international meeting today.

qotd: nothing - just the maintenance stuff... batteries, gels and shoes.

tbd.