Trailer Trash

Mellow Monday (Read 25 times)

runtraildc

Happy Monday, trailers.   Had 5 or 6 planned out, but it might be an easy day, with a short treadmill jog and strength class.  Still in this warm/hot streak here in DC and I think it is a bit too warm.  I can celebrate sunny days in the 50s at this time of year.  70+ is too much.

qotd:  Pass, I thought I could just get the daily going today.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

5+ before work, at 63 degrees in the sun. What fun! I enjoy this eternal summer.

XT: Definitely a shirtless day, at least here! 

traildc: I would not necessarily call dreadmill and strength training "easy".

Enjoy your day!

Run for fun.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I'm pretty fairweather , waiting for it to warm up a tiny bit to go run 5-6 . Saturday we snowshoed over in Graeagle California , at Plumas Eureka State Park . The building is at a preserved mine site within the park . I'm not sure what it was but it's very photogenic .

LB2

I'll get about 5 after work.

Valerie: That picture reminds me of my time at the Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center in Bridgeport, CA.

LB2

XtremeTaper

About 6 miles today at lunch on a mild mid April day on the trails of Green Lane. Oops, mid December day I mean. Well it felt like April at least.

I wasn't feeling it today so decided to turn my 7 mile loop into a 5 mile loop. I felt better about my run after that so I wandered down a trail I had not explored in ages on the other side of the road at the trailhead where I started and ended up with about 6 miles in total and a mental note to explore that area some more in the future.

Couch - I bet you are loving this weather.. funny, am a bit self conscious about shirtless running in December but definitely yesterday was warm enough.

ValNV - Well, you are getting snow snowpack out west hopefully. That barn... looks like it needs a Mail Pouch logo on the side.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

No run today. Probably should have packed supplies for a lunch run since rain held off. Busy week getting ready for our trip to PNW to see the oldest kiddies. DW, DD#2 and I fly to Oregon on Friday evening for 8 days. Mt. Hood is getting hit with snow, so to pack some snow running supplies.

Valerie - awesome pictures.

XT - December didn't stop this guy in Chicago.

QOTD:  I usually run in just trail shoes with snow up to 3-4" and after that I use micro-spikes or Yak-tacks. At what point do you add to your traction for a run?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Valerie: That picture reminds me of my time at the Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center in Bridgeport, CA.

Just finished reading a book by James Rollins, The 6th Extinction, where MWTC plays a role in the plot.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My cold is back...so sleep is between coughing...did not get up to run and it was 34 degrees here in the morning...WTF?  Did my lunch time gym upper body and plan an after work run in the back of my head...but we all know what happens when I plan to run after work; I don't!

QOTD: Nothing changes...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Thanks !

I love Bridgeport ! wish I could get down that way more , so much to see and do  .  My husband works at Lake Tahoe , he said there was 6"-8" of new snow at the Lake 6,500'  and a lot more over the pass 8,900' .  We have maybe 3" down here but last month got 17" in one storm , strangely that one only left 6" in the Sierra . It's still early to say if the snow pack will be good , right now it looks promising .

hectortrojan

After hitting a steak of 14 days, I decided to take today off.

valerienv - Definitely photogenic.

Sandy-2

I did an early morning 3 mi 'instant run' today.  It was tropical;  humid, drizzle and warmish.  WTF, it's December !!!.

valerienv; really nice photos. Wish I was there.

Here's a completely opposite industrial photo for ya, it's of the shipyard outside my office window across the harbor.  It's hard to make out but they have a heavy-lift crane barge lowering the complete engine room block (including main engine, auxiliaries, pipes, wires, etc.) into place. The front half of the ship, which is to the lower right, hasn't been connected yet. As an engineer/naval arch geek it's kinda cool. Sorry for the bad photo, just a zoomed in iPhone.

qotd: I normally wear road shoes, but lately I've been wearing my trail shoes up on the single track due to the light coating of pine needles.  No need to worry about snow just yet (see above about the tropical conditions.)

tbd.