Trailer Trash

Guten Tag Tuesdaily (Read 24 times)

bagge_pants

saw the sunrise. By the looks and sounds of the outdoors it appears spring is here, murders of crow, chirping songbirds, cloudless skies, minor patches of ice, mostly puddles of water. But then it's ten degrees out. Should rise verily quick to upper 30s or low 40s today. I'm off work and will sit on my arse today.

Qotd: which race outside of the USA would you prepare for and participate in if time and money wasn't an issue.

I saw a video of Transvulcania ultra (spelling?) On A canary island and that looks great. Wow.

NHLA

rest day. Seeing lots of birds here too. The birds and monark butterflys migrate thru Pisgua Forest. It is incredable. qotd Paris Marathon
      AT-runner

Tim

Rain day here. I'm going to wait for the heavy stuff to let up and then head out.  Looks like it should be just light rain in about 90 minutes or so.  Probably head to the AT and run on some Pennsylvania rocks to avoid the muddy stuff.

QOTD:  I've had my eye on the Kerry Way Ultra.  Starts and ends in my grandfathers town of Killarney, Ireland, and covers the whole 120 miles of the Kerry Way.  It's unsupported, but has a few spots for crews to get to you.  Race entry isn't bad, but travel costs would add up quickly.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7 last night under a bright moon.

QOTD: Tarawera Ultra in New Zealand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyICwrdBFns

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out to find some surf. Hoping to find some 20-25 ft waves to ride................er.......I mean watch other people ride. A five foot wave would kill me.  The surf was pretty high over here the past several days, just not where we were, although we did see some nice surfing yesterday on 15-18 footers.

QOTD: Haven't really looked into any races outside the US so can't really say.

Waikiki Beach on last week.

Another view.

Diamond Head from the water. Taken on a Submarine ride.

Steps going up to Diamond Head. We came down these.

We went up these. Steeper and longer then the others.

Sea Arch along southern coast of the Big Island.  Couldn't find the active lava flow .

Dinner time view from the Big Island south of Kona.

The beach at our current motel. Erosion has hit it hard.

AT-runner

Tim

Dd1 - Nice pictures. Hope you're having a great time.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

DD1- nice!

going to get 6-ish miles in this evening, shoe screws, but no microspikes!!! Yippie

qotd: UTMB, I'm completely enamored with the Alps. Probably will never do the UTMB, but hope to run in the Alps

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

DD- I am green with envy, nice

dirt roads to rutted up with frozen mid to run on on the dark. We hit the pavement for 6 this am. Looks like winter is going to give us another blast of snow tomorrow, the weather lady is telling me around a foot. Blaaaaa

QOTD. Somewhere in New Zeland or down under would be a dream.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Umm no clue...I guess I will try to do something after work.  I think we still have day light.  Took my sister to the airport this morning, maybe gym at lunch.  Need to decide in next 5 mins.  Spring is in the air baggy.  I stopped at the hardware store and bought some flowers to plant on the way back up the hill.

QOTD: I've never looked outside of the us..so um Canada somewhere.  I am one of those person that is happy touring America: Mexico, US and Canada.  We have so much here and it's easier to travel via car and camp...more freedom... versus flying somewhere.  Although Italy always sounds good for the food, wine, and umm men. 

DD nice very nice...enjoy.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

DigDug2

4 mile tempo on the TM at lunch, 7.5 total.  I felt OK during but feel like I want to take a nap now.

QOTD:  never really thought about it much.  New Zealand looks awesome - thanks for the link, Jamie.  Kilimanjaro would be fun.

Sandy-2

5 miles this morning, it was crisp, about 20 deg and about 10 mph winds.  It was nice though, the just-about full moon was going down and the sun was coming up.

Nice photos DD, well... except the stairs.

qotd: That's a tough one, either Tarawera in New Zealand, or UTMB in France/Italy/Switzerland.

tbd.

runtraildc

Hi trailers!  I've been awol the last few days from posting since I haven't run since Saturday (laziness, not injury or anything else).  I realized just reading is not really contributing to the daily so I should jump in regardless of my running.

No run today-- planned to, but the cold rain never stopped and I couldn't motivate myself out into it.  Ended up doing some interval training and yoga inside.   I got a jump rope recently, and don't laugh, I'm finding it a lot harder than it seems.  I'm hoping to build some ankle and foot strength, so we'll see.  The intensity is what surprised me-- guess I haven't jumped rope for a few decades (or more).

DD & MT-- nice pics!

FTYC-- I hope everything is ok.

qotd:  I don't know.  I guess I'm like Queen on this one.  Travel abroad interests me, but there still is so much to see on our continent that travel and races here are my short-term focus.  However, I think we need to get to Vietnam to bring our kids to see their dad's homecountry before our eldest heads to college.  Maybe I should start exploring race options there.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Happy belated birthday Mandy!! 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I ran 10 on Tuesday.

QOTD: Most likely UTMB. But I would be interested in that run in Scotland; I think it is West Highland Way or something like that. It is 100 miles. I can't remember the name of it.

LB2