Trailer Trash

Marvelous Monday (Read 23 times)

runtraildc

Morning Trailers! (or afternoon, or next day for Sandy).  We had a bit of sun this weekend and the world feels different- better. More rain coming in, but the break was nice. Saturday ended up being a rest day and yesterday I got in 4 very fast miles on the very flat hiker-biker trail. It also seemed yesterday's chosen Mother's Day activity was a family bike ride. Can't blame them and I'll admit, there were some really cute kids out there trying out their bikes and having a lot of fun.

qotd: best part of your weekend? See above. I really got a kick out of seeing all those kids riding their bikes and in general, getting outdoors.  Next up is my mostly clean basement.

AT-runner

Tim

Sun is out in S. Central PA right now, but more rain tonight.

2 runs over the weekend.  Saturday was a 6 mile tempo run on the roads.  I didn't have time to head to the mountains, so had to run my old 10k route.  Was slower than I used to be, but it was a cool humid morning.  Yesterday, DW and I dropped of DS at the airport and ran 16 miles on th C&O towpath from Point of Rocks south and then back.  Saw a lot of bikers who were loaded with camping gear, but no other runners.  Nice run, and I felt better as the run progressed, but left foot is still a real issue.

QOTD:  Having DS home for 4 days was the best part. We haven't seen him since Christmas.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

A couple of sloppy runs over the weekend, 17.5 on Saturday and 11+ yesterday. Yesterday's run was a real slogfest.. LOL, 70 mile race pace!

Sun finally broke through yesterday along with some wind to hopefully dry things out some (until the next round of rain!). Plan today is for a lunchtime road run, into town and back. I need to catch up on some yard work this evening.

QOTD: Well, I lead a sad life because probably the best thing we did this weekend was a major spring cleaning in the master bedroom. We moved all the furniture, re-arranged the room, and cleaned those hidden areas where dust and dog hair accumulate. Yikes it was scary in some places. Oh, I fired up the pool as well. With a temp of 60 degrees it's only good for ice baths right now.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

muppy

5.6 on the rail trail on Friday and 4.8 on the trails yesterday.

QOTD The weekend started a little rough when the GF was in an accident while I was talking to her. Just a bit stressful to hear the crunch of the truck that  rear ended her and her screaming. After a delightful evening in the ER she's banged up pretty good but nothing broken.  Saturday evening we went out with the family for my mom for dinner and Sunday we went down to her parents and made steak and peach cobbler for them.

Daydreamer1

My right ankle is a little stiff and painful at times.  This might be the impetus that pushes me to get the bikes out, clean them up and go for a ride. If not I'll try for 7-8 miles on the road.

QOTD:  I got to sleep through the night while getting paid .  Overall it was a rather rough weekend at work so it was earned.  Friday was pretty chaotic and I came home real tired. After a nap I went for a 14.5 mile run only to cramp quite a bit.  Then had problems sleeping Saturday night. Yesterday during the day and evening we were really busy and I was exhausted.  My last patient was having a heart attack. Got him to the hospital in good shape and he should do well.  It's always nice to be able to treat the truly sick people so that was the 2nd best part of the weekend.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Second straight weekend with no running.  Just too much going on and DW wanted her day yesterday so I could not leave her with the tyrants kids .  I hope to get back on the wagon this week.  I meant for May to be a lower mileage month but this is turning into a super low month.

muppy - glad she is ok.  That must have been horrible to hear that.  Hopefully the accident wasn't her fault.

QOTD: Best part? It was actually fun seeing the kids help out and make all meals yesterday AND clean the house on Sat.  All for mother!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

Muppy- that is always one of my fears when talking to my DD who insist she calls me while driving. Glad everything turned out ok.

ten road miles this morning

QOTD: I had a 3 day weekend, even though my running plans fell in the crapper it was still great to have the time to take care of other matters.

muppy

muppy - glad she is ok.  That must have been horrible to hear that.  Hopefully the accident wasn't her fault.

She was stopped and rear ended by a pickup truck, so not her fault. I'm just glad I wasn't 10 miles out in the woods on a run when it happened.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength train this evening

muppy- hope she is back to 100% quickly- very scary

qotd: you would think it would be my 20 mile race on Saturday (short rr to come), but actually had a lot of  fun w/ the DW yesterday heading to the bike park for some fun Mtn biking- it's a really well done park with lots of different obstacles to practice on and several bmx style courses to whip around on- free to boot

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice 5 this morning with the mutts.  It rained all weekend and today was sun.  So I got that cool view of the sun shining through fog and trees.  Wish I would of had my camera, but than I would have to figure out how to get it on here. 

QOTD:  The ahi poke I had Saturday night and the sound of the rain Saturday morning.

Xtreme:  "Major spring cleaning" So that's what you call it hmmmm   funny where dog hair accumulates.  As long as you have been married it's funny that it is still a scary place for you. 

Muppy:  Glad she is ok.... think of how fast you would have ran those final miles if you were in the woods.

Mr Jamie:  Time for a mileage challenge...for April??

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Keep Going

Zero miles running today and zero yesterday. Kinda nice I have to admit.

Taper - I have been procrastinating on the house cleaning and I'm sure I have the same dust and hair waiting for me! yuck

Muppy - Glad to hear your GF is ok. Car accidents are frightening!

Jamie - Hyner hangover perhaps?

On a side note, anyone know where Marie has been? Did she stop running? Is she ok?

qotd: Best part of this past weekend was actually sleeping in a bit and not having to run on Sunday due to taper for MMT. After months of Sat/Sun mountain long runs it felt odd but rather nice. My family appreciated as well.

100 milers are my favorite

XtremeTaper

QOTD:  The ahi poke I had Saturday night and the sound of the rain Saturday morning.

Queenie - I did not realize your hubby was oriental!  Big grin

XtremeTaper

On a side note, anyone know where Marie has been? Did she stop running? Is she ok?

qotd: Best part of this past weekend was actually sleeping in a bit and not having to run on Sunday due to taper for MMT. After months of Sat/Sun mountain long runs it felt odd but rather nice. My family appreciated as well.

Keystone - Jamie had heard something from Marie but I guess it was personal as he didn't share. I have no idea but have been wondering. I think she is off the MMT list. Good luck with your race. See you at Shawl Gap!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ha Ha..good one. 

Queenie - I did not realize your hubby was oriental!  Big grin

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

She is going through some really tough times with family issues. She sure could use some prayers and well wishes. I think she still looks in and reads the threads once i a while.

I heard from her last week and told her we are all there for her if and when she needs us.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!