Trailer Trash

Meh, Monday (Read 24 times)

runtraildc

Got in a short and flat trail run by the Chesapeake yesterday afternoon. Was expecting more mud and the trail underwater, but was pleasantly surprised. Brackish mud is not my favorite trail condition for my shoes. It stinks! I remembered to bring an extra pair to change into, but glad I did not need them.

qotd: Did you watch the Oscars last night? How closely do you watch movies and the contenders? JI watched just for about 15 minutes. I didn't recognize many of the nominees, and most of the movies. Usually I know at least a respectable number. The only one I feel I missed and should go see is 'Get out'.

AT-runner

Tim

Legs and lungs feel pretty good after weekend race.  Short few miles yesterday to shake things out. Right calf a bit sore from a small strain, but not terrible. Physically, I'm pretty fatigued. Seeing doc tonight at 5:30 and I'm sure a shit load of blood work tomorrow, so might not be able to run too much tomorrow.

QOTD:  We saw "Get Out", "Three Billboards...", and "Lady Bird". We liked all three of those.  Plan on seeing "Dunkirk" and "Darkest Hour". I heard you either loved or hated "Shape of Water".  Didn't watch them, we watched Walking Dead instead.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

I had the most fabulous run yesterday! I spent the entire day out, ran two of my trails for about 15ish. I had so much fun.

AT: sorry you are feeling under the weatger! Hope you feel better soon.

QOTD: I don't watch movies. I did not watch the Oscars, though I enjoy reading about the political statements.

Heading out after work....looking forward to a night run.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Warden - Great pics!  Beautiful day too, although with those clouds looks like it could have gotten ugly real quick.

runtraildc - I'm sure that brackish mud does stink.  I can smell it in my mind.

AT - Glad you're recovering well, despite the calf and expected fatigue.  Ugh on the blood work though.

moonlightrunner - Awesome on yesterday's run.  So nice when things just click.

Got 30 over the weekend in 4 runs.  Hope to get a short easy run this evening, if I don't have to work too late.

QOTD:  Like AT, we watched The Walking Dead instead.  We tried to watch some of the Oscars, but it was like a bad case of the groundhog day.  Only watched "Dunkirk" among the winners.  Will probably see some of the others at some point.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

AT-runner

Tim

AT - Glad you're recovering well, despite the calf and expected fatigue.  Ugh on the blood work though.

Unfortunately, the fatigue is not from the race. I've been dealing with it for a couple of weeks. I have a non functioning thyroid, and take medication, so hoping dosage just needs to be tweaked, but this time feels different.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Unfortunately, the fatigue is not from the race. I've been dealing with it for a couple of weeks. I have a non functioning thyroid, and take medication, so hoping dosage just needs to be tweaked, but this time feels different.

Ah, ok.  Sorry to hear that.  Hope the doc visit will help straighten things out.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

plan is for 3-4 miles this evening, yet another 6” of new snow to greet us

few more pics from Saturday

qotd: didn’t watch it; I usually try and watch some of the nominee movies at some point

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Not one of my better runs. Started flatlining about 7 miles in and worked thru a sufferfest just to get 13.5. Well short of my original plan but I had enough. Live to fight another day. Some errands to quickly take care of now as we are expecting some sort of weather event starting real soon. I had optimistically put away my snowblower...ooops!

QOTD--Never watch that stuff.  I will eventually see a few of the movies via netflix or whatever.

AT-runner

Tim

When I grow up, I want to be Warden !

Nice pictures. Looks like a blast.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

we are expecting some sort of weather event starting real soon. I had optimistically put away my snowblower...ooops!

Fucking bullshit, man.  The trails just started to dry out and now this!  Sigh.  March.

Well, I rode my bicycle on Saturday, climbed Sunday morning, and ran with DBF on Sunday afternoon.  Today is a SRD, along with some bullshit snow.

Nice pictures, Warden, despite all that bullshit snow in them.

AT, that sucks.  I hope the doc gets you all figured out quickly.

QOTD: Nope, no interest.  I did see Three Billboards, but apparently I'm the only person who thought it was terrible.  I'm a harsh critic.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Today, nothing yet. I did make a visit to a PT (a guy I saw many years ago) to get another opinion on my whonky decrepit left leg/knee. He did a lot of poking, prodding, several resistance tests, but did not come to any firm conclusions. Seems to think the repair to my meniscus took, no issues there, most strength tests checked out even between the legs. The big issue is swelling around my VMO (vastus medialis oblique, medial quad muscle for those of us anatomically challenged). When I explained I have had this for a year now, even before the surgery he was somewhat puzzled. He was going to follow-up an ortho he knew to get me some advice. So in the meantime, I will just jog around since I've just accepted this as the new me for now

Oh weekend update. Cold and windy all weekend. Well not really that cold, mid 40's, but very windy both days. I jogged 6 on Saturday with the Lady at French Creek, and 8 yesterday on the trails of Birdsboro Waters. Probably go run the local trail after work tonight for a few miles.

QOTD: Nope. Never watch those shows.

Mandy - Agree on the bullshit snow. I can't believe Warden likes that white crap!!   Big grin

Harrier - My flatline/redline these days is 5 miles or so. Then it's just hang on time.

AT - Hope you get some good news, explanation for your issues.

Berto - Nice weekend. No long run though?

Moonlight - Sweet!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Just 1.5 miles around the park. Lots of ice cold wind made it somewhat uncomfortable despite the sun.

It’s my day off, and I am tired. DD has a bad cold, and I am desperately trying to avoid being around her  getting it, too.

AT: hope you get things straightened out quickly.

warden: looks wonderful, if there was just no snow...

QOTD: No, I never watch such things. Not sure about the “shape of water”, it sounds a bit too exaggerated, but I might watch it and then decide for myself.

Run for fun.

GC100k

6 miles at noon. Had lots of energy since I didn't run this weekend. Saturday was at my girls' swim meet. Sunday went hiking with my kids and encountered a porcupine, which was cool.

I didn't watch a second of the Oscars. Don't know what was nominated. Unless they were shown on an airplane last summer, I haven't seen any of them. Not a big movie guy but will watch some while I'm traveling.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

WOW... ummmm 

Today, nothing yet. I did make a visit to a PT (a guy I saw many years ago) to get another opinion on my whonky decrepit left leg/knee. He did a lot of poking, prodding, several resistance tests, but did not come to any firm conclusions. Seems to think the repair to my meniscus took, no issues there, most strength tests checked out even between the legs. The big issue is swelling around my VMO (vastus medialis oblique, medial quad muscle for those of us anatomically challenged). When I explained I have had this for a year now, even before the surgery he was somewhat puzzled. He was going to follow-up an ortho he knew to get me some advice. So in the meantime, I will just jog around since I've just accepted this as the new me for now

Oh weekend update. Cold and windy all weekend. Well not really that cold, mid 40's, but very windy both days. I jogged 6 on Saturday with the Lady at French Creek, and 8 yesterday on the trails of Birdsboro Waters. Probably go run the local trail after work tonight for a few miles.

QOTD: Nope. Never watch those shows.

Mandy - Agree on the bullshit snow. I can't believe Warden likes that white crap!!   Big grin

Harrier - My flatline/redline these days is 5 miles or so. Then it's just hang on time.

AT - Hope you get some good news, explanation for your issues.

Berto - Nice weekend. No long run though?

Moonlight - Sweet!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Shape of water was the worse movie ever!!!  During the ballroom dance scene between a fish and a woman I thought "oh this is suppose to. E a conedy!!"  Stupid stupid stupid

Just 1.5 miles around the park. Lots of ice cold wind made it somewhat uncomfortable despite the sun.

It’s my day off, and I am tired. DD has a bad cold, and I am desperately trying to avoid being around her  getting it, too.

AT: hope you get things straightened out quickly.

warden: looks wonderful, if there was just no snow...

QOTD: No, I never watch such things. Not sure about the “shape of water”, it sounds a bit too exaggerated, but I might watch it and then decide for myself.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄