Trailer Trash

Warming Wednesday (Read 37 times)

Watoni

I've been thinking how funny it is that it is still 60F here in the Bay Area. This summer most of you had 100-degree weather, and now you have -40. I still have the same lukewarm fog...

This commentary made me laugh

Yeah, but we need some snow in Tahoe (even if you do not participate in winter sports -- drought).

My boys are loving skiing -- even on the mostly man made snow in Tahoe now. If I can get the video off my bride's computer I will post a little of my 8-year old skiing.

No running for me today, I think. I drove my bride for some outpatient surgery this morning around 4am and will be on kid duty

NorthernHarrier

Killing time in LaCrosse today. I will get home at a decent time today so I'll get about 5 miles in tonight. It's a friggin" heat wave today--about 7F. Woo-hoo! Actually it feels great after the last few days.

QOTD--Never have downhilled in my life but I do enjoy cross-country skiing. Heading up to my shack on Friday and should have some great conditions. I'll throw in some backcountry snowshoeing too.  Skiing or snowshoeing by headlamp is really cool with the snow.

muppy

16.3 on the roads and horse trails of the Gettysburg battlefield, probably only saw 5 cars the whole time, was an awesome run!

QOTD In my younger more athletic days I skied a lot, was in  ski club, taking trips to Canada, and go every weekend.  Last year I took my son skiing and we stuck to the bunny slopes.

XtremeTaper

Hello all.. hit the gym last night for stretching and 800 yards of floundering in the pool. Interesting gym observation from last night... people who sit in the locker room on the changing bench staring at their smart phone. People are weird... me included of course.

The german pointer was a bit restless today and since I was time pressed I took her out for a 5 mile road run at lunch. Of course she crapped on the street despite me telling her to poop beforehand. Thankfully we looped through the neighborhood so I could ditch the poop bag at my street crossing and not carry it forever. The polar vortex is easing and with temps in the teens it was a shorts day.

QOTD: Tried skiing once. Hated it except for drinking beer afterwards in the chalet. Tried snowboarding once. Hated it. We were in Killington. I felt like a fool. My nephews had a good time though. I was glad it rained the second day and messed up the slopes so I didn't have to do day 2 of my lesson/class. Possibly I could like cross country skiing but honestly I am a clutz.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I had a nice progression run after work today. I wasn't going fast, just trying to negative split the back 3.5 on the 7 by 1 minute. I got it in 59 seconds. I will say that is success. I think I averaged a little faster than 9:30 per mile; it was easy and felt good.

QOTD: I did more than my fair share of cross country skiing when I was in the Marines. We didn't go back to the chalet for drinks, however; we went back to the snow cave for melted snow and some stew we made up with a few different MRE's (Meals Rejected by Ethiopians). In one stretch, I didn't take a shower for 33 days; that stinks, literally. But, I got pretty good at cross country skiing in Nor Cal, Lacrosse, WI (Fort McCoy), and Norway. That was years ago, and I don't know if I could even get going again if I slipped on a pair.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Most of you are probably sleeping...5 miles this morning on the hotel treadmill.  Better then running on sidewalks.

QOTD:  As a youth 7 to 23 I LIVED  for winter and ski racing.  The around 30 met the old man and began snowboarding which I also like.  Two years ago bought ski's again (at a yard sale: good boots, poles and skies for $80) and had fun skiing again.  Also enjoy cross country skiing...Someone mentioned "investing" in a pair of Xcountry and I suggest yard sale.  Hubby surprised us with snowshoes and I was bummed because I would rather X country skis so you can coast down a hill versus snow shoes.

Moonlightrunner:  I feel for you sitter...a bad day plus a sucky job.  hope things get better.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Chnaiur

I had a nice progression run after work today. I wasn't going fast, just trying to negative split the back 3.5 on the 7 by 1 minute. I got it in 59 seconds. I will say that is success. I think I averaged a little faster than 9:30 per mile; it was easy and felt good.

QOTD: I did more than my fair share of cross country skiing when I was in the Marines. We didn't go back to the chalet for drinks, however; we went back to the snow cave for melted snow and some stew we made up with a few different MRE's (Meals Rejected by Ethiopians). In one stretch, I didn't take a shower for 33 days; that stinks, literally. But, I got pretty good at cross country skiing in Nor Cal, Lacrosse, WI (Fort McCoy), and Norway. That was years ago, and I don't know if I could even get going again if I slipped on a pair.

I spent 1.5 years in the snow during my military service. The smell and taste of melted snow still gives me shivers.

Where is Norway were you?

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k