Trailer Trash

Think it might be Thursdaily (Read 11 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Bracing for the winter storm this weekend that may or may not materialize.  And colder weather which I'm sure will.  Time to breakout hat, ear warmer, and gloves.

Easy recovery today, may even walk it instead of run-walk. Yesterday's 6.1 miles was harder than planned.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

13 miles this morning, the middle 5 I walked with my bud in the park.  For some reason my hands were cold while walking, I had gloves on but I think they were wet, had to pull my sleeves down and ball up my hands in my gloves.  They finally warmed up while I was running the last 4 miles home.

tbd.

LB2

I ran 2.5 miles this morning. I walked a little bit of it and averaged around 11 minutes per mile.

Sandy: I see you are running the Forgotten Florida 100 next month. I have never run a race that far south in Florida, but I have hunted not too far from there. I think you will find it to be a beautiful course that may blow your mind. Good luck.

LB2

Sandy-2

LB: yeah, it should be pretty cool. I watched a bunch of YouTube race videos that folks have posted. It reminds me of some stuff around here, that Cajun Coyote run we did, etc.  It’s also going to be swampy in spots as labeled on the race map, for example something called the “swamp mile” that we have to go thru twice in the later 1/3 of the run. I’m just glad it’s in the cooler months and less buggy and the snakes and gators should be docile. 

tbd.

LB2

LB: yeah, it should be pretty cool. I watched a bunch of YouTube race videos that folks have posted. It reminds me of some stuff around here, that Cajun Coyote run we did, etc.  It’s also going to be swampy in spots as labeled on the race map, for example something called the “swamp mile” that we have to go thru twice in the later 1/3 of the run. I’m just glad it’s in the cooler months and less buggy and the snakes and gators should be docile. 

I ran the Cottonmouth 100 in 2015. That race was in Milton, Florida up in the panhandle around Pensacola. "Lace Up" dropped from that one; I guess there weren't enough port a potties along the way. LOL. The course is a lot different, but that was a hard run. Only 9 of us finished it. And to be honest, I think some people may have just been vaporized somewhere along the route. LOL. Forgotten Florida is way south and east of that one, but when we hunted down in that area a few years back, I noticed some similarities. I associate beauty in nature with mountains, but it is shockingly beautiful in a different way in that area of Florida.

LB2