Trailer Trash

MRI results (Read 22 times)

dhuffman63

Trails

Well I got my results yesterday...

L5-S1 mild broad based disc bulge

Trace central disc protrusion T12-L1

and what is really bothering my doc is the "mild left renal atrophy" She's sending the MRI to the nephrologist I saw last year.  Before doing anything drastic to my back I'm going to see if I can find a chiropractor.  My massage therapist has one she recommends.  I just don't know what to think about the kidney.  Little bit scared.  I have stopped the meloxicam as it's hard on kidneys.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Well I got my results yesterday...

L5-S1 mild broad based disc bulge

Trace central disc protrusion T12-L1

and what is really bothering my doc is the "mild left renal atrophy" She's sending the MRI to the nephrologist I saw last year.  Before doing anything drastic to my back I'm going to see if I can find a chiropractor.  My massage therapist has one she recommends.  I just don't know what to think about the kidney.  Little bit scared.  I have stopped the meloxicam as it's hard on kidneys.

That S1-L5 is a pretty common riding injury , from the compression . Check with your horsey friends on what they do for that . I did yoga every day to keep competing in dressage ( L4/L5)  . I did not do the epidural but was at the point of it when I retired my dressage horse .

Keeping my fingers crossed for you about the kidney .

runtraildc

I don't have any words of experience (or wisdom) to add, but hoping this all comes out well for you.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I don't know what any of that really means, but I am thinking good (and pain free) thoughts for you, dhuffman.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I am sure AT will weigh in...as he was helpful to me to talk through it.

My operation was to "fix" my L5S1 herniated disc.  It was pressing the nerve pretty good.  Everything (rest, meds, PT, injections) did not work so surgery it was.  Still way too soon to even say if it was the right choice but let me just say I feel your pain.  It sucks.

The epidural injection isn't bad at all.  My first worked slightly and second had no impact on the pain at all. But for some, it works very well.

Exercise is good though.  Through all of my pain, running was the one activity that did not increase my pain.  In fact I was usually pain free when running.

Keep us informed.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

dhuffman63

Trails

Thanks Dr Jamie, I have emailed back and forth with AT and he's been very helpful.  Mine has not progressed to where yours was and I'm glad to here you appear to be recovering well. Walking has never been painful but when I sit too long (damn office job) it really starts to ache.