Trailer Trash

Fridaily (Read 20 times)

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today. Not sure of run distance tomorrow as I have a lot of things going on, but hopefully Sunday a long run in the woods.

About Site Outages:

Hi all,

I think I tracked down the problem that RA has been having ever since the data center moved the servers. One of the drive arrays used by the database server started failing. It's not a total failure yet, which is why RA is inaccessible periodically. I'm working on switching to the backup database. I have not practiced the actual switch over so it will take some time for me to get it right. I apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience and support.

eric Smile

QOTD:  Weekend plans?  Making 12 cabinet doors for the Tiny House. Then we're pretty much down to the punch list to finish it up. Outside trim painting will be last as that's weather dependent.

Paint is actually more grey side and not as green as in picture.  Counters and steps came out nice and DS  got 5 coats of polyurethane on them, so should hold up for years.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: I'm feeling better so I'm going down to visit DD and DGD.  I'm going to babysit so DD and SIL can get some time for themselves.  Plan on playing a lot .

I'm toying with the idea of just dropping RA.  I don't run and most of my workouts aren't exactly "RA" types.  I don't really have much to contribute anymore...life is kind of boring right now.

AT-runner

Tim

I'm toying with the idea of just dropping RA.  I don't run and most of my workouts aren't exactly "RA" types.  I don't really have much to contribute anymore...life is kind of boring right now.

Stick around!!! Lots of us go through down times, and the forum can help motivate you when you get back into the swing.

We have a lot of people who are more seasonal posters - FTYC, GC100, etc. - and they post when there active.

runtraildc

Hi all. Got in 4 miles of dog wogging yesterday. Chowder couldn't contain his excitement at being in the woods after a two week break. And the robins are coming through, so there was that added dimension. I'm feeling a bit sore from some strengthwork earlier in the week, so I think it will be yoga today and run tomorrow.

DHuff-- don't be discouraged (and don't leave!). I'm more of a short distance dog wogger these days who runs on pavement far more than dirt. 

QOTD: Nothing terribly exciting  Run with the group, eat, sleep. Maybe start my next month's challenge (rowing everyday) on Sunday.

XtremeTaper

Did not run much yesterday. About a 2 mile dog jog around the hood after work. It was crazy windy. Actually fun for a few downwind sections but mostly cold and miserable. Thankfully did a figure 8 loop so no long sections into that wind. 

Cold this morning, but the 20's did not feel to bad since the wind was not blowing. Usual 2 mile dog wog routine. Will get out for a few trail miles later after work, probably at the lake.

QOTD: Not too much planned. Coldish here this weekend, I am on-call for work, so just sort of stick nearby, get in a few short runs and do normal chore type stuff.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Chowder couldn't contain his excitement at being in the woods after a two week break.

That made me smile. Yay, Chowder.

Ultra Cowboy

QOTD W/E plans....

Saturday Work 8:30-1:00 as usual.  Perhaps light a burn pile or buy some new Arrows for archery 3D season.

Sunday: 10 mile trail race put on by the local running club as a training run.

Monday night is a fundraising dinner and music at Lagunitas Brewing for Girls on the Run.  A local country band will be playing from 5:30-8:30 although the last time I went to one of their shows it was like something out of the Blues Brothers.  I doubt this crowd at this hour on a weeknight will be as rowdy...

It is definitely fundraising dinner season here. Crab feeds are wrapping up, Chicken bbq's and pancake breakfast season is right around the corner. I could not cook for nearly every weekend (and Monday nights since every Monday night Lagunitas hosts benefits)

WYBMADIITY

Save

Sandy-2

As I mentioned in the Thurs daily, today’s a SRD.

Rocky, around here it’s Crawfish and BBQ season.  Ok it’s always BBQ season here, but with the Houston Rodeo starting they ramp it up a few levels!!!!  

qotd: just some final errands to run for the wedding and some final cleaning for visitors to the house.  I’m running with my DD tomorrow morning, we’ll go along the river trails by her house.  She’s bringing the pups.

tbd.

LB2

It was around 32 or so degrees this morning. I got out for a quick loop through the woods. I'll be a little short on the miles this month. I don't have time to run 17 miles tomorrow, but I'll probably end up with a few.

QOTD: I need to go scout a spot at daybreak, see if I hear any turkeys. It is still early and a little chilly, but I need to start narrowing things down and seeing what I have to hunt. It won't take long there. After that, I'll be pouring concrete for the rest of the weekend, which is most likely what I will be doing for the next two or three weekends.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran this morning....passed a couple walking and after that Jack was dragging.  This is only mile one.  So at 1.5 I turn around and head back.....oh so now he’s running again.   I take him b@ck to the trailer and dump him off and head out with Earl..... who is now dragging because Jack is gone!!!  So dump Earl off and get 1.5 around the campground.  Seriously getting over running with dogs.

Tuesday:  My jeep window was broken and a backpack containing my wallet was stolen.   And a quilt my friend made for me.  Yea yea I know, believe me I heard it enough, you shouldn’t  have left your wallet in the car.

qotd:  Campost duties. Weekend is Monday and Tuesday for me.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

I ran this morning....passed a couple walking and after that Jack was dragging.  This is only mile one.  So at 1.5 I turn around and head back.....oh so now he’s running again.   I take him b@ck to the trailer and dump him off and head out with Earl..... who is now dragging because Jack is gone!!!  So dump Earl off and get 1.5 around the campground.  Seriously getting over running with dogs.

Tuesday:  My jeep window was broken and a backpack containing my wallet was stolen.   And a quilt my friend made for me.  Yea yea I know, believe me I heard it enough, you shouldn’t  have left your wallet in the car.

qotd:  Campost duties. Weekend is Monday and Tuesday for me.

WOW - Jess said she saw something on FB about that.  Sorry to hear. The Quilt probably means more. Wallet stuff is a hassle but can be replaced.  I leave my wallet in my car more than I care to admit, but when running, I'm not carrying it with me. I stated locking it up in the back, but sometimes forget.

Queen, bummer on the smash and grab.  Seems to be an epidemic here in NorCal. I don't even leave reusable shopping bags in sight if I'm parking in SF.

AT, from earlier in the week, I'm sure your Kilarney granddad approved of you picking up the bar tab.

DHuff, running is certainly not required here.  

Rocky, the GOTR fundraiser sounds like a lot of fun.  Wish I were closer to Petaluma.

Sandy, the wedding is soon?

XT, the downwind stuff is way more fun than when it's time to turn around.

Speaking of which, how is is possible that I end up running home into a headwind no matter which direction I go?

Easy 45 minute run today with strides.

QOTD:  Long-ish run tomorrow followed by chores around the house and some work.    More running on Sunday followed by lunch with a friend.  Thinking I might swing by the LRS on the way back and check out some shoes.  Anyone here running in the Speedgoat 4?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Speed goat never but loved the Solomon Sense Ride...thinking of going back

Queen, bummer on the smash and grab.  Seems to be an epidemic here in NorCal. I don't even leave reusable shopping bags in sight if I'm parking in SF.

AT, from earlier in the week, I'm sure your Kilarney granddad approved of you picking up the bar tab.

DHuff, running is certainly not required here.  

Rocky, the GOTR fundraiser sounds like a lot of fun.  Wish I were closer to Petaluma.

Sandy, the wedding is soon?

XT, the downwind stuff is way more fun than when it's time to turn around.

Speaking of which, how is is possible that I end up running home into a headwind no matter which direction I go?

Easy 45 minute run today with strides.

QOTD:  Long-ish run tomorrow followed by chores around the house and some work.    More running on Sunday followed by lunch with a friend.  Thinking I might swing by the LRS on the way back and check out some shoes.  Anyone here running in the Speedgoat 4?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen: That is so violating, sorry to hear about that. Hope you didn't lose much $$. A couple of years ago, parked at a trailhead. Returned from my long run to a smashed rear window.  Normally I put wallet and bag in trunk. Looked like a drive by. Wallet safe (hid it under seat and covered it with sunshade), just took running bag but still aggravating. Did report it to police. They begin patrolling the area more.

Dihuffman: Hope you don't leave.

Thurs: SRD

Fri: 8.2 miles.

Sat (today):  Negative temps overnight but it was already 18 degrees at 9 am, felt 10 degrees, predicted 40 degrees today!?! March should be 'warmer' with SUNNY days, woohoo!! Will be getting some outside runs then. But I will be getting a recovery run in at gym today. Membership ends today.

qotd:  Will start packing for my return drive back to northern AZ. Leaving next week.

Ultra Cowboy

Got my Weeks mixed up...Looks like it is NEXT Monday.  Es OK...ML is picking up  oysters for tonight.

WYBMADIITY

Save