Trailer Trash

Wintery weekenderdaily (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

First cold snap here arrived yesterday.  It's always a big deal when the temps dip below freezing.     Got in just over 3 miles last night at the pool-- I remember starting out because it was a headwind and I was cold. I also remember a beautiful section along the creek in the leaves. Then it was over.  I'll fit in a short run before a swim meet, but alas, no trails.

Gatsby-- good luck with your race. Hope the rain is tolerable.

Muppy- Are you running Gar Williams tomorrow?  Good luck! (I'm opting for a 15k out in Annapolis with a 10 am start- yes, lazy)

qotd: Favorite holiday snack/treat? Yeah, it's that time of year when we ask this question again.  I did some baking this week-- the usual peanut blossoms (which I tweaked, and they turned out better than ever), and I also made coconut macaroons-- a not sweet recipe with a bit of dark chocolate.  That is this year's favorite.  But I still have to make peppermint bark for the little kiddo and beef jerky for the family.

Daydreamer1

Not sure if I'll get in a run or not. It's the last day of hunting season for deer so I want to head out to the stand later this afternoon. I'll either do some spinning on the bike tonight or maybe a easy jog on my treadmill.

QOTD: I try to reserve Pecan pie for the holiday season. I really try to avoid it all year long since it's such a sugar bomb but will splurge over this time of the year.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It is DUMPING here... Weather said a break soon for an hour so may e I'll get out there...the dogs need it.

QOTD:  actually nothing comes to mind??  Mermosas?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

12 miles  2600' elevation gain   fire rd 5002.  This is a beautiful run in the winter. When you get to the top ridge you can see off both sides of the mt for 50+ miles.

qotd  pecan tarts. When granny coundn't hold a fork anymore  DW came up with these. Taste like pecan pie but bite size.

Daydreamer1

Wow, this place is dead this weekend. Everyone must be out shopping, setting up their trees, watching football or at the gym.  Maybe a little running going on as well.

For me, I spent almost three hours at the gym today.  Got in a bunch of lifting and followed that up with 15 minutes of rowing and since I had nowhere else to be I put in 35 minutes on the treadmill. Feels good to be wiped out tired.  Burned a lot of calories only to come home and find that DW and DD were making pizza . I'll try to avoid it but that probably won't work.

Sandy-2

Had a great time crewing/pacing DD at her first 50 mile his weekend. I also knew 4 other people doing their first 50 miler as well.  She had lots of fun and is really psyched to get the finish.  Unfortunately she hurt her foot with about 9 miles to go (while I was pacing her last 17 mile loop), she wanted to keep going and was able to baby it to the end.  I tried to have her walk it in slowly the whole way, and also making sure she didn't need to stop, but she wanted to keep jogging along when she could.  No way she wasn't gonna finish, which she did in 11:07.  She had plenty of run left at the end, but her foot was dictating what she could do.  Very proud.

We only saw a few alligators (just their noses and eyes) swimming out in the lake because it was too chilly.

qotd: traditional X-mas cookies with the green or red sugar crystals.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Never got out yesterday because just when I was ready we decided to go look at the river which was raging 10 to 15 feet higher than normal! So exciting.  Ran 9 along the river today with the mutts.  Nature is so very exciting.

Sandy: Dam .. Little over 11 hours..very good!   Soon she will be signing up for a hundy with Pops.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

I ran twice on Friday, so I didn't run Saturday. Then, I got tied up with other stuff on Sunday.

QOTD: I like pies.

Sandy: I'm glad she finished. I know you are proud.

LB2

Sandy-2

DD and her humble yet proud pacer at the finish.

tbd.