Trailer Trash

Manic Monday (Read 17 times)

LB2

I ran a nice 3 miles this morning. It was in the low 40's, pretty much perfect running weather for me. I saw deer on all my hunts this weekend, but I chose not to shoot any of them for now. I actually would have shot a big doe yesterday evening, but I just couldn't get a clear shot on her and she veered off the trail before she got to the opening.

QOTD: Did you meet your running goals for October? Mileage, time, etc.

I exceeded the minimum goal, so I guess I could say I did. I made 120 miles for October. I'll definitely exceed my yearly goal, which is a modest 1200 miles.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Cold gusty winds this morning for the morning dog wog. There were even snow flurries. Not quite ready for that, but we managed our usual 2 miles. Weather will be improving to darn near perfect late this week.

Weekend, some decent running. 7 on Saturday and 8 yesterday at Nolde Forest. I hadn't been out there since last winter before the pandemic. Trail head was packed, filled with cars, but we took a difficult trail to start and only saw a few people. Rain started about 2 miles in and was steady for the remainder of the run. Took a pretty hard slam into the trail yesterday right in front of a group of 4 hikers as I passed them. I had put Baker on his leash to pass, he pulled one way, my foot hit something, and I went airborne and krashed kersplat. Pretty full body slam. Left knee took the brunt of it but seems ok now. Sort of limped it in after that at a slow jog which was a bummer as I planned my route to finish on the fastest section. Returning to the trailhead the rain had caused nearly everyone to leave. It was down from several dozen to just a few cars.

Will get in a few miles later today. I need to adjust for the earlier sunset since we have officially entered the dark months.

QOTD: My only goal is to keep the pandemic streak going and kept that on track and now at 252 days. Average per day during the streak is 6.3 miles. My minimum for now is 3 miles/day. Total for the month, 202.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Meh. Did not run this weekend, but got in some walking around Philadelphia on a Saturday day trip. Yesterday was a wash, literally. Pouring rains until early afternoon, then cold and very windy. I fit in some yoga and weights but that was it. Couldn't find my kettlebell as DH had borrowed it and it is somewhere amongst his work tools (used it as a weight). My gym closed suddenly a few weeks ago so that normally would be a bad weather backup. So many excuses! I'll figure something for today.

qotd: I don't think I had any. Running was fairly minimal and I didn't keep track very well (my computer died and I just reconnected my garmin to strava and lost a lot).

Sandy-2

I planned to sleep in this morning and I'm happy to say that carried out my plan with precision. Felt really nice.  I'll do 10 miles after work today. I'm back to doing a minimum of 10 miles per day so I can keep the step count up.  The company step count thing that I'm in ends on Nov 16th so then I'll go back to my "normal" miles and rest days.

I put my name in the hat for the 2021 Hardrock. Fingers crossed that it will be run and I get in.

qotd: I didn't have a monthly goal so I guess you could say I shattered it. I ended up with 392 miles in my log (by the way over the weekend I said I had 397 miles which was my Garmin total, since it counts every tenth of a mile which I don't log).  My yearly goal was 2,000 miles, as of the end of Oct I'm at 2,773.  I guess all those virtual travel runs and the step-count thing, not to mention Covid-induced boredom, have been good for my total miles.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Rest day for me. Ran a 50k yesterday (33 miles actually) out in western Maryland. Gnarly trails. Had a blast.

Sandy - you are having a beast of a year.

QOTD: I did not hit my October goal. I was at 199.9 miles. My goal was 200.  I could not get out the door on Saturday to save my life. But I started out November with 33 miles so all is good. My goal for the year is 2500 miles and I am 300+ short of that now. I should be able to hit that.

Have a great Monday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Pain is my friend

Fun easy trail run this morning. 10.5 miles with 2500 ft vert in the first 5 miles.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?