Trailer Trash

Tired Tuesday. (Read 20 times)

LB2

I planned a single 3.25 mile loop this morning, but I was really tired and tried to bargain with myself to push my running back to the afternoon, which probably wouldn't happen. I ended up getting my act together and ran a little over 5.

QOTD: How much gear do you order online as opposed to going to a store to get it? And where do you do most of your ordering?

Now that I know what works for me, I normally order everything online. I just find the convenience of not having to fight traffic and "go to town" is worth waiting a couple of days for it to come in the mail.

I get most things from runningwarehouse.com, but I sometimes find decent deals at Amazon.

LB2

runtraildc

Morning folks. Got in 10 yesterday on the rail trail across town. Did a point to point run ending at the car where DH was fishing along the Potomac (Shad are running now).  Perfect evening for a run after rain earlier in the day.

qotd: Mostly online, unless I'm trying something new. That said, we're waiting for little DS's new shoes from REI. Seems they are on the slow bus from the west coast as shipping is taking forever. Should have tried the store. Runningwarehouse has become my usual, but we had a REI coupon and store credit to use.

NorthernHarrier

Tired it is today. Planned on a rest day to begin with but walking around my property with my coffee and dogs left me no doubt that I need a do nothing day. Cold up here too, with temps in the low 30's right now and not sure how much they'll climb. Put another log on the fire. Long run planned for tomorrow at probably the Sylvania wilderness.

QOTD--Almost everything is online and I usually start with Amazon.  I do still like to wander around our Gander Mountain store for the hook and bullet gear. Also stopped at REI yesterday to spend the last of my dividend. Picked up some Black Diamond trekker poles for DW as she needed an upgrade. Mothers Day comin' up.  I am embarrassed to say I stopped by an outlet mall when I was in Florida a few weeks back and scored a bunch of Saucony shirts at a great price. Luckily no one I know saw me.

XtremeTaper

Day off from running yesterday but won't call it a rest day since I mowed the yard then spent an hour or two fighting weeds in the gardens. Not sure what's up with weeds the past few years. They have been getting out of control. Must be global warming.

Plan is for 7-8 miles this evening on the trails with the Lady. Really should work on some structure and tempo but dang it's difficult to run without the dog these days.

QOTD: I don't buy anything running related on-line these days. We have a good LRS here and I have a good relationship with the owner and he has all the stuff I need and specializes in trail running shoes as well. Might be a few $ more but it's worth it to support his store for the convenience of having a good LRS a 10 minute drive away.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Ah, LB2, you read my mind. Tired Tuesday. It kind of fits now and will later today. Didn't get a lot of sleep last night but enough that I don't want to take a nap or I won't sleep well tonight.   First I'm going to head out and attack my dandelion stand then It's off to the gym for a good lifting session.  After that more yard work then a nice stroll with DW. That will probably be about 4 miles.

QOTD:

Running: Almost all of it is online the past year or two. I'd like to support my LRS but they always want MSRP for Hokas and have to order most of them in. They never have nice shorts. For some reason they won't stock any that have pockets . They are a small chain of 4-5 stores and have some really great people at all but the one store so I like to buy as much as I can from them.  They always have the socks I like.  The online purchases are almost always at runningwarehouse.com

Bike stuff: Since I've been running almost all of that stuff is at the LBS. It's close and cheap and I like the guy who owns it. Before I was running I bought enough stuff that I would pick up about 30-40% online, mostly because it was stuff he didn't carry.

Other outdoor stuff:  Ammo and small gun parts are online, mostly from cheaperthandirt.com and MidwayUSA.com. The bigger stuff that I'm not sure about fit or how it works will be bought at the local shop. Looking at getting a crossbow in the next month. That will be at the archery shop.

Overall we buy most of our stuff online. I was just part of a discussion on a investment forum discussing the future of UPS and to a lesser extent FedEx. If you look at our purchasing practices, those two companies will be in business for a long time.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a nice 4.5 last night.  It was perfect weather - a slight chill to begin but by the end of the first mile I was sweating pretty good.  Not sure what I will get in tonight.  Might have to be something short.

QOTD: I guess I like many of you - RunningWarehouse and Amazon.  As a family we buy a lot from Amazon (although we haven't gone the way of groceries yet - I know some people who buy a lot of their food off Amazon).  It's so easy.  I find it harder these days to find what I want in stores.  It's a bit discouraging to see stores closing but what do you expect with all the online options.  I suppose it's the world we live in.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jonferg67

Endless trails

I started my day with a nice 4-5ish run, not really sure as my Garmin is a POC. I have

to practice my time management skills in the morning to get everything done before

7:15 when I sit on my ass for an hour commute. So far, so good. Now, if I can just

sleep through the night I'll be a happy camper.

NH: I thought that was you I saw.

QOTD: Online. I use RW, Holabird Sports, Hammer Nutrition, and Sierra Trading. Just scored a

great Gore Tex jacket from ST for $17.00.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I was really tired yesterday (had to force myself to the gym), thankfully less today    Going to try and get 5-ish after work, supposed to get some storms rolling through this afternoon, so we'll see

qotd: probably 90+% online for all my outdoor related gear- if I lived in a bigger town, possibly less????

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I couldn't believe no one had started the Wedsnesdailies yet!! Doot!! I guess I am tired. Definitely tired of this wet weather!!! But it is good for CA. Got out there and ran 3.5 with the mutts. QOTD: I probably buy something online about 5 times a year. I hate buying anything I don't already own because of sizing and I hate sending shit back. I'll probably get 2 pairs of shoes a year. Since moving North my shopping days pretty much have ended.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

8 miles on the trails. Must be Spring since I ran through 2 spider webs, saw a black snake and a copperhead, had butterflies fly next to me for 1/4 mile, and got my feet wet at 3 creek crossings.

QOTD:  Both LRS's near us closed down in the past 2 years, so online now.  For shoes and supplies, usually Amazon and REI.  Adidas or UA, at the outlet mall when NH comes to visit, or Dick's Sporting Goods for shorts and shirts.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

DigDug2

~10 this morning with some fast mile repeats.  Beautiful cool spring morning in CT.

QOTD:  80% from runningwarehouse.com, 20% from LRS.  Almost never buy shoes at LRS, but will buy apparel, socks, nutrition stuff, etc.

Gator eye

We got out and did 8, still cold here it around 32 on this mornings run. I was hopong the tights were put away for the year but no such luck

QOTD: about 95% online. I use to make a point of buying at least one pair of shoes a year at the local run shop but they never have what I want in stock and they claim it takes 2 weeks to order it in. Then they try to pawn off a different style and brand to me. I can get what i want at RW in a couple days for less money.

NHLA

8 miles around the mt. Humid

Qotd  LRS  we have 5 first class stores. Lots of runners here

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

4 x 400m quick and a total of 5.5 miles.

qotd: I order very little on line. Mostly I buy at my LRS where I get a good discount for being a club member. Also with the frequency that manufacturers change their shoe designs, I like being able to try on multiple models when I have to move to a new shoe.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.