Trailer Trash

Fridaily (Read 21 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Started out to run today and nearly got blown backward by a gust. Decided it was a good day to turn around and take it easy.

qotd: Generally have no problems with people or dogs, or horses for that matter, on the trails. The one notable exception are Boy Scout troops who tend to clog the trail and be oblivious to anyone trying to get past 20-30 kids plus the scout masters.

I'd blame that on the Troop leaders.

We have a place called "Vision Quest" which is near the trails of the AT. It's a home for juvenile offenders. They use the trails a lot, and they couldn't' be nicer. Their leaders do a great job with them, so I find it funny (and a bit sad) that the so called "bad boys" are better behaved than the scouts.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'd blame that on the Troop leaders.

We have a place called "Vision Quest" which is near the trails of the AT. It's a home for juvenile offenders. They use the trails a lot, and they couldn't' be nicer. Their leaders do a great job with them, so I find it funny (and a bit sad) that the so called "bad boys" are better behaved than the scouts.

It's not that they are impolite, they're just so wrapped up in talking to one another that they're oblivious to anything else around them. I have to raise my voice a bit louder than normal to be heard, and usually only by the scout masters who then get the boys to move.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.