Trailer Trash

fun fact Mondaily (Read 15 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Got out yesterday afternoon with Tiny E, glorious day- mid 50's and sunny, 4-ish miles

will either lift or take the dog depending on weather

AT will be here tomorrow (with his better half ), Glacier is out- burning up on one side and dead of winter on the other. Most likely a local run, the mountains close by are now ski or snowshoe only.

qotd: fun fact about your area?  in Helena in 1888- they had more millionaires per captia than any where in the nation (gold!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

SRD. Legs feel great after back to back long runs this weekend. Work is really screwing up my running this week. But I'll get it done one way or another.

QOTD: This area was actually the first independent republic inside the Continental US, not Texas. The Republic of West Florida was prior to Texas and California, which are the other two.

LB2

Sandy-2

SRD today.

mt;  Fire and ice. What's next?

qotd: population-wise Houston is the 4th largest city in the US (behind NYC, LA and Chicago).

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ interesting read- had never heard of that 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

^ Also agree.  Living down here in TX one would think that the Republic of Texas was the only independent republic created.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice run in Badlands yesterday plus we hiked a lot also. Had to climb a section out of Saddleback Trail. Some  great views and only saw 3 people and 2 rams. Today hiked around Mt Rushmore and then some of Custer before heading to Devils Tower. Hiked the long trail DC recommended around the base. Awesome trail, and once again hardly saw a sole. Everyone was at the visitors center standing still looking at the tower from our eyes side.

Meeting Warden tomorrow, and as he said no Glacier . Fires turned to snow. At least we'll meet Tiny Elvis. Think we're running near Helena.

QOTD: nothing happened in Gettysburg, move along. No more tourists needed.

Gettysburg was a huge shoe manufacturer before and during the Civil War. Stories go that the Confederate troops were heading there for new shoes and met with union forces. Some historians disagree, but makes sense.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

^ Also agree.  Living down here in TX one would think that the Republic of Texas was the only independent republic created.

Dr. Samuel Hyde, aka Brother Hyde, is the son of my first grade teacher. He was a senior or junior in high school when I was in 1st grade. He may be the most knowledgeable person on the subject. And he is feisty. In 2010, we celebrated the bi-centennial of the West Florida Republic. In those circles, it created quite a buzz--Don't Mess With Texas. Sam told me that some historian from Texas called him, and they got into an argument about the whole thing. It almost got to the point that they were going to meet at Sabine Pass for a fist fight. Sam said, "I'll meet you at the state line!!" Anyway, Sam has a book called "Pistols and Politics" that tells some of that story. Sam was also accused, though never indicted or formally charged, for pulling a knife on someone in a traffic jam in Baton Rouge when they blew the horn at him. I have a friend who is a professor and novelist at the same university where Sam teaches. He told me one day, "Sam is a super nice guy, just don't blow the horn at him in traffic." I don't know if it actually happened or not, but that was the story that was initially reported on the news.

LB2

Sandy-2

^ One should never let the facts get in the way...  

tbd.