Trailer Trash

Fighting Spirit Friday! (Read 26 times)

LB2

Wow LB I could never run 45 by myself with nothing to look forward too, like an aid station.  Impressive.  By the way it's Friday..you need to lift a whiskey tonight not weights!

That was before Rocky Raccoon 100 in 2012. I was scared. I had signed up for a 100 mile run having never run beyond a 50K, and that 50K was not a very good one. That run built a lot of confidence, but I didn't need to run that far. My brother bailed on the run after he said he saw a cougar (not you) on the sandbar. I did cut a track across the trail that night, but I never saw the cat. I have seen one in the area before, though. Actually, that cat would probably be a Florida Panther, smaller version of a mountain lion.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Attempt to put in some tempo effort running, about 2.5 miles of 4.7 mile run at tempo effort split into 1.5 mile and 1 mile segments.

QOTD: longest non-race training run has been 20 miles. Anything longer I find an inexpensive nearby marathon or ultra. I don't really count a 27 mile training run way back in 1971 which I ran with a HS kid I was coaching who insisted in running the distance in a walk for hunger charity event - 4 days before his conference track championships. P.S. he won the mile easily.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

I did 5 this morning. Was nice up on the single track trail. Windy and cold, but also a couple of sunny spots with a little mud.

Qotd: I'd have to check, but I think it was about 38 miles over here doing sort of a trail loop around the city. In the valleys I was able to stop at stores to sort of restock on water and some cookies.

tbd.

bagge_pants

QOTD: 29 miles once on a whim