Trailer Trash

Thought we would have a Thursday by now. (Read 20 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Berto:  It's on my calendar.  Even though I don't climb I still love those types of movies.  I am going to a Trail Movie Festival 10/17.

Is it this one?

https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=60218

It's in my hood on 10/23 and 10/24, so I have it marked on my calendar to see as well.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Daydreamer1

QOTD:  Not sure but it would have been when I was still in school, so many, many years ago.

In regards to stopping for Ice Cream after a weight watchers meeting.  DW has done a fabulous job with WW this year. Not sure how much she has lost but it's been a lot. It always works for her.  She only gets to a meeting every other week because of her work schedule.  She uses this as a reward.  This place has pretty good ice cream and it's the same place where we will ride the bikes out to. It's about a 35-40 mile round trip on the bikes.  The thing I like about WW is that it basically promotes healthy food choices and portion control over gimmicks so today she will eat very lightly then use her points on the Ice Cream.

Warden - Whenever your lungs are full of crap i find it best to try to get out for a nice fast walk, jog or run. All the deep breathing seems to knock everything loose then you can cough it out.  Better out then in.

About the Saints and Skins. I don't really care who wins as I really no longer follow football. I do hope that Brees throws for about 750 yards so he can soon pass Manning.

Edit:  A little check on the internet shows that he's only 201 yards away from breaking the record . Won't need the 750. Still that would be a great game for him.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Typically, the Redskins give the Saints fits regardless of how either team is doing during the season. They have had some crazy games. Our defense is looking better, but it could all fall to pieces at any moment. You just never know with the Saints. We should have Ingram back in the offensive backfield, and he should be well rested. The Redskins look pretty tough, so it should be a good game no matter the outcome. All I ask is that everyone gives their best. It is the same as I ask of myself in whatever I do, but just like me, sometimes your best just isn't there that day or it just isn't good enough that day.

Yup, agreed.  And it's not like the Redskins have been a thrill to watch over the past number of years.  Just hoping for things to turn around for them.  I do like the Saints as well though... there's a lot of great spirit in that town down there.

3/17 - NYC Half

runtraildc

Ran 4 easy miles with a friend yesterday. It was hot, 80s here, which is warmer than usual. Today is similar and DS2 has a XC meet.

I'll get out later and report tomorrow.

Congrats to your DW!  and of course, you can't outrun a bad diet but I like the approach WW takes, though never have tried it myself.

In regards to stopping for Ice Cream after a weight watchers meeting.  DW has done a fabulous job with WW this year. Not sure how much she has lost but it's been a lot. It always works for her.  She only gets to a meeting every other week because of her work schedule.  She uses this as a reward.  This place has pretty good ice cream and it's the same place where we will ride the bikes out to. It's about a 35-40 mile round trip on the bikes.  The thing I like about WW is that it basically promotes healthy food choices and portion control over gimmicks so today she will eat very lightly then use her points on the Ice Cream.

qotd: Probably middle school. In the dead of MN winter, that was often gym class. though our gym was tiny which made hitting your target easy.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yes that's it.

Is it this one?

https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=60218

It's in my hood on 10/23 and 10/24, so I have it marked on my calendar to see as well.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Kick ball and Redskins/Saints game??? I thought I was in the wrong forum for a second.  Run later tonight.  Distance tbd.  Something short.  I have my first PT apt tomorrow.  After being upset that the ortho threw everything at me (meds, PT, & MRI), I decided I am going to see this through.  Meds have helped take away the significant pain but I still feel something wrong.  So hoping PT helps.  I haven't heard about the MRI being scheduled yet.

AT: You said you convinced someone else to run BC. Who is it?

QOTD: I play kickball every once in a while with kids at church.  It brings me back - at back.  And just learned a few years ago that there are adult kick ball leagues.  Seriously.  

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We've had 5 women in our office go to WW as paid for by insurance.  # have successfully lost a lot of weight.  One lost 100 pounds!!!   and all three of the successful woman are over 60.  I mention that because it's hard to lose weight after menopause.   I did it awhile ago and like the point system because you can treat yourself and you can earn extra points exercising.  Nice job DD's wife. 

AT-runner

Tim

AT:  My running friends and I are putting together some planse for races.  We are signing up for Wy'East Wonder 50 miler near Hood River Oregon.  Don't you still have a daughter in Oregon you need to visit?  Just sayin....we will probably rent a BnB which we would definitely be willing to add you to the group.

Is that the net downhill 50 miler?  Hood River has 2 of my favorite breweries. Full Sail and pFriem.  DD#1's friend is a brewer at pFriem and lives in HR.  I know some nice cabins in Welches area.  Any Mean Girls coming?

Might have to take a closer look at the race.

Edit:  looks like a good time of year.  Only problem is that's Wedding Season for DD#1 (she's an event planner at the Sentinel Hotel), and she might not have much time for us. Will talk to Jess and see.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

SRD. I'm still eating everything in sight.  Pretty soon I'll need to join Mr and Mrs DD at WW (and ice cream   . ) Nice job to Mrs DD by the way.

About the climbing movie....  I don't think I could watch it, I'd be too nervous.  Even though I know he makes it I'd have nightmares for a week.

qotd: Wow kickball?  Probably 6th grade, I was good at it as I remember.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

AT: You said you convinced someone else to run BC. Who is it?

My old marathon running / adventure racing partner (and R2R2R partner). He runs more road than trail, but he's done BC's 2 times.

DW and I will head up early with Mark and should be there by 7:30 or so.  I'll be driving my White Honda Ridgeline. Looking forward to it.  Not sure If I'm pacing DW or not. She has a goal and I don't, so TBD.  Mark is faster than me.

AT-runner

Tim

Awesome job for your DW.  I send patients to WW, but the only complaint I have is they are too reliant on the scale (our local groups, at least), and I tell them to concentrate on health markers like energy level, activity level, BP, cholesterol changes and measurements (which unfortunately take time to see).

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well one mean girl may come but umm like I said they really aren't mean just super cliquish when together. 

https://gobeyondracing.com/races/wyeast-wonder/50m-course/

Is that the net downhill 50 miler?  Hood River has 2 of my favorite breweries. Full Sail and pFriem.  DD#1's friend is a brewer at pFriem and lives in HR.  I know some nice cabins in Welches area.  Any Mean Girls coming?

Might have to take a closer look at the race.

Edit:  looks like a good time of year.  Only problem is that's Wedding Season for DD#1 (she's an event planner at the Sentinel Hotel), and she might not have much time for us. Will talk to Jess and see.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

About the climbing movie....  I don't think I could watch it, I'd be too nervous.  Even though I know he makes it I'd have nightmares for a week.

qotd: Wow kickball?  Probably 6th grade, I was good at it as I remember.

I think we need a trailer trash kickball game.  Dirt, some running, grass stains, probably beer.... definitely beer....

Sandy - It's like a Venn diagram, but I do see overlap in why and how people climb and those who run ultras.  Yes, free soloing takes climbing to the extreme, but there are ultra runners who do the same.  The everyday person on the street would be in awe of what you've accomplished and never even fathom to attempt it.  You might just like the movie. 

OTOH, I may be giving my wife nightmares for a week.  She had no idea what "free solo" meant until watching the movie, and I didn't tell her ahead of time.  She almost broke my hand squeezing it a couple times.  Good thing dinner was delicious, so I didn't get too much wrath afterwards.

Daydreamer - Awesome about your wife!  Encouragement and reward are both good things.  Not to mention just getting out and enjoying long bike rides.

Dr J - When I injured my insertional achilles and could barely walk, it took so long to schedule a MRI, that I finally gave up and didn't bother.  I hope you get your.MRI scheduled soon.

Sue - I like mean girls (and DW sometimes calls me a bitch, so I might fit in).  Got space for one more next June?

3/17 - NYC Half

Queen of Nothing

Sue

hahahah your welcomed anytime!

Sue - I like mean girls (and DW sometimes calls me a bitch, so I might fit in).  Got space for one more next June?