Trailer Trash

The “where’s the weekender” weekender dailies (Read 13 times)

Volunteered at a trail race today.  Nice seeing some familiar faces.  Running a trail HM tomorrow. Didn’t intend to spend the whole day on my feet today but they needed the help. Tomorrow’s race is just for fun anyway. 

QOTD: do you ever not start a daily thread because you don’t have a good QOTD?  Apparently that’s not the case for me. 

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

NorthernHarrier

Just relaxin' with a dog at my feet.  Did 10 miles today with 5x1 mile repeats in there for fun. Feel ok right now but I'm sure tomorrow the old legs will be whining. We went from high 70's the last 4 days to now under a winter storm warning with heavy accumulations expected. This is getting old.

QOTD--No, it's more that I am a lazy underachiever and would rather just be a slug and let someone else do the heavy lifting. 

runtraildc

Got in 5 yesterday in the rising humidity. and some heat (for this time of year). Left Chowder at home and that was a good decision. We headed out this morning and it turned into a dog wog very quickly. It was just hot and humid, although at 9 am. Got in 4 miles before I headed to brunch to meet some friends.

qotd: Yes.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles yesterday and the same today; Pro Tip: it's harder walking in the snow than without 

qotd: more like NH answer 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Weather said a light shower....I got dumped on but no worries as still a warm rain.  We have snow coming again.  Walked Jack a mile and ran 4.  Went to movie Air.   It was good.  

qotd:  Sometimes....especially if I haven't run yet.  But if I can't think of a qotd I Google questions to get to know people.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Unfortunately during the 2nd day 50 mile the horse my DD was riding developed a little cramp and didn’t pass a vet check. They got to 28 miles when they were pulled. So they did 83 miles over the 2 days which was still a great showing for the big guy. He then got to enjoy an “all you can eat” buffet!!

We all had a great time though, especially the 2am visit to our tent by two bulls. You saw the photo of one of them in Friday’s post. Our group were staying on the pasture-side of a fence to be close to the vet checks (we were; two large horse trailer/LQs, two duelies, a few cars, a couple of tents, and 10 horses). We had our tent off to the side under a tree. Well we were awoken by some soft footfalls near the tent and looked up to see a huge bull standing between the tree and our tent.  My DD and I were silently laying there just watching and seeing what it was going to do. Then realized there were two of them, they were circling out tent like sharks in the water - sniffing, snorting and figuring out what was going on and I guess seeing if there was something to eat. After a bit they moved away and I fell back to sleep, but then a bit later I heard some heavy breathing, I sat up to look out the screen window and was nose-to-nose with one of the bulls, probably six inches between our noses. Ok!!!  Eventually they meandered off and we got back to sleep, but it was an interesting experience. Good thing they weren’t crazy bulls that you hear about.

qotd:  no, I just pass if I can’t think of anything.

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy bad luck but it looks as if it didn't affect his eating any!  That's always a good sign.  I hope they can figure out how to resolve it so she can continue riding him. Is she doing Tevis this year?

MT...TE looks as if he's saying "come on dad".  He's such a cutie.