Trailer Trash

Shivering Thursdailies (Read 41 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good news - I am 10th on wait list for ICe Age 50 mile (May10th) ... Almost assure me getting in.

See you there too!  (On crutches!)

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Well it's 1F right now. I'll be heading out for some miles shortly but I'm waiting for the temp to still drop a couple degrees so I can bitch that my last 3 runs have all been below zero. Of course we also have a nasty wind chill but that's always hard to quantify. Suffice to say it is fuckin' cold around here. And we have even colder weather coming.  I'll be swimming early in the morning and doing some time on the elliptical, certainly can't run real long out there.  OK, I vented so now I'm happy. 

QOTD--Labor day. Means we're into fall, my favorite time.

QOTD, the other one--Outfits??I'm a trail runner, I don't have outfits. I have tons of cold weather gear but outfits?  WTF?    Middle school girls wear outfits. Jeeesh! 

BTW--you guys have fun at Ice Age and good luck, I'll be fishing and canoeing in Ontario.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Well it's 1F right now. I'll be heading out for some miles shortly but I'm waiting for the temp to still drop a couple degrees so I can bitch that my last 3 runs have all been below zero. Of course we also have a nasty wind chill but that's always hard to quantify. Suffice to say it is fuckin' cold around here. And we have even colder weather coming.  I'll be swimming early in the morning and doing some time on the elliptical, certainly can't run real long out there.  OK, I vented so now I'm happy. 

QOTD--Labor day. Means we're into fall, my favorite time.

QOTD, the other one--Outfits??I'm a trail runner, I don't have outfits. I have tons of cold weather gear but outfits?  WTF?    Middle school girls wear outfits. Jeeesh! 

BTW--you guys have fun at Ice Age and good luck, I'll be fishing and canoeing in Ontario.

Thats fair 

**Ask me about streaking**

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles in the snow and ice, very peaceful evening run

qotd 1: Labor Day- September is also my favorite month

qotd 2: I could open a small shop w/ my outdoor clothing (and packs!), but hey I don't have many other vices Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

charlesmoman

Got 24 miles on the treadmill at my local Snap Fitness. Just too cold to run outside - at least for this 62-year old slowpoke.

People coming and going, plus the TVs and my iPhone got me through it.

The Indiana Trail 100 is 13 weeks away!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got 24 miles on the treadmill at my local Snap Fitness. Just too cold to run outside - at least for this 62-year old slowpoke.

People coming and going, plus the TVs and my iPhone got me through it.

The Indiana Trail 100 is 13 weeks away!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

+1  I once went 12 miles and thought it was likely a world's record  Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TripleBock

I never understand this --- Ultra runners are revered for their mental toughness ... Yes doing your training runs outside, specially of trails is more enjoyable ... but mentally easy ... If you have the mental toughness to slog out a 100 miler when things are sucking, why can't you run 5-8 hours on a TM?

PS this is not directed at mtwarden ... but a general comment.

+1  I once went 12 miles and thought it was likely a world's record  Big grin

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Daydreamer1

I never understand this --- Ultra runners are revered for their mental toughness ... Yes doing your training runs outside, specially of trails is more enjoyable ... but mentally easy ... If you have the mental toughness to slog out a 100 miler when things are sucking, why can't you run 5-8 hours on a TM?

PS this is not directed at mtwarden ... but a general comment.

I think you put this well. It's a question I have often wanted to post here but didn't want it to be taken as an attack on anyone so I never did.  I've always looked at TM and trainer sessions as a mental game that increases mental toughness.

charlesmoman

I agree. It is more "fun" to be on your feet for many hours outside.

When I di get back outside for long runs, I think they will be "easier" - at least the mental aspect.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

<--- lacking mental toughness for sure, plus I get bored easy Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √