Trailer Trash

Tuesday (Read 11 times)

runtraildc

Back at work today. Chowder and I got out early for 3 miles. 56 degrees so shorts weather!  This weekend was a bust- I was tired and had a sinus headache so some walking and extra naps. Best thing Can think of is I was fighting off a bug. Back to normal today.

the fun news is I snagged a cabin in the north rim in October! I’m leaning to a slow and casual R3. With an overnight on the north rim to sleep in a bed, shower and dine out😃. I think I can convince DH  to go halfway with me. 

qotd- any fun plans in the future? See above for me. And we have another road trip at the end of may-June to see two nieces graduate. Planning on a long way from MN to NH to stop at pictured rocks and Montreal.

we do our own taxes and I did DS’s.  Ours are fairly simple

qotd-

XtremeTaper

Hey all.. sort of back from long western road trip (Monument Valley, Moab, Zion, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, Sedona and other stops along the way but have to turn around and make an emergency trip to FL now. So not much running here. Plan to get the dogs out for a short jog today then finished up some stuff before heading out again.

We had mostly good weather on our stops but our trip was detoured by a blizzard warning so we bypassed Colorado and the rocky mountains. We still encountered snow up in the Texas panhandle and northern New Mexico and a winter storm warning for our Flagstaff stop. We also had rain, brief encounters with graupel, wind and dust storms in Arizona, NM, and Texas panhandle on the way back.  I guess such is early spring in the mountains and desert southwest.

Best hike of the trip was at Arches, up the Delicate Arch trail and back. Only 5k+ round trip but some elevation change and a view of Utah's iconic arch at the top. Arches was my favorite stop. Sedona was too congested and hectic but our rental was on the west side so we stayed over on that side for the most part. Zion and the town of Springdale was great, very well done but crowed too. With bus service it took me an hour from hotel to trailhead for a mid-morning hike.

Dogs did great. Baker is a seasoned traveler but this was Birdies first trip other than FL with overnight hotel and VRBO stays. She did great, and even went out for lunch with us at pet friendly places a time or two.

Arches:

Monument Valley:

Deadhorse State Park:

Zion:

Flagstaff:

Sedona:

In dog beers, I've only had one.

XT, wow, what a great trip!  Love the photos.  Sorry you had to cut it short but it looks like you did a lot of good stuff.

Runtrail, yay for getting the cabin at GC.

WC, from yesterday, the summit of Mt. St. Helena is the highest point in Napa Valley at 4300 ft.  The race elevation profile looks like this:

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR