Trailer Trash

Sunny Sunday (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

Gorgeous weather continues in the mid-atlantic.  I hope the Sunday quiet of the forum means everyone has similar fabulous weather and is out running!   I went to my favorite trail head in Rock Creek and quickly decided a trail run was not happening.  Glute/pririformis is still giving me trouble.  I'll try for an instant run later-- a couple of miles on the paved biker trail might be easier on it.  And some strength work at the gym.

Sandy-2

Hi rtdc,  hope you get that run in later.

Weather down here in TX still good, but the humidity is creeping back up.  Did a nice 10 miler this morning, although humid, it was in the low 60's.  The best thing, I wasn't dizzy this morning.  Maybe the paint fumes from yesterday cleared me out !!!  Perhaps I'm too used to being in the polluted air of Shanghai or semi-polluted air of Busan.  Anyway once again I hope the dizziness is on the way out.

Our DS drove down from TN and our DD came over so we had an unplanned and impromptu dinner with the whole family last night.  Threw steaks on the grill.  Really nice.  DW and I go back to Korea next Wednesday, so I guess it was the start of our long string of goodbyes.  We're all going out to a big dinner on Monday to celebrate our DD's birthday, so the Goodbyes will continue....

Have a nice Sunday everyone.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

Just got back home from my race.  Half marathon on trails. The weather was great for it and the course was pretty good as well. I was mostly happy with my performance. Now I'm tired and could take a long nap.

Runtrail -- Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sandy -- It's always nice when the kids are around long enough to actually do something with them. Last night we threw some B-BQ chicken on the grill. Did it because both the kids were home, or so we thought. They ended up with other more exciting engagements. Of course that left more chicken for me.

AT-runner

Tim

Beautiful weekend for running here (minus the pollen).  Ran 12 on the gravel road yesterday, because turkey hunters were parked all over at the trail heads and I didn't want to ruin there chances.  DW and I ran 22 on the C&O heading south from Williamsport, MD.  Blue Bells were in full bloom and near the parking areas we saw tons of kids out with moms and dads.  Always nice to see kids getting exercise.

I wore the Altra Talon 2.0's and under my left big toe pad it feels a bit bruised.  Might not have enough cushion for 24hs's, so may go back to the Olympus' since, for me,  they are tried and true.

Enjoy the day.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6 miles with DD and a friend from work on the rail to trail this morning. It was fun, but very warm and somewhat humid. DS was pacing us on his bike.

My plans got messed up yesterday, when DS's guitar recital turned out to start at 2 pm, not 3:30. So no longer run for me, but I put in some miles in the night later. I figured out why the glasses/headlamp combo does not work: In the night, I don't look ahead as far as during daylight, but the hat with the lamp on top of it all pushes the glasses down my nose, so that with the progressive and astigmatism-correcting lenses, I don't use the right "zone" for that distance. That's why the image is all blurry and distorted. I can only hope the sports glasses will work better with the hat/lamp combo.

Right now I'm sitting at the computer with an ice cream sundae from the ice cream truck...   My favorite season seems to have started already!

traildc: I hope you'll get your instant run in!

Sandy: Sounds nice with the steaks, but Goodbyes are always a bit sad, too. Hope the move will go smoothly for your DW, too.

DD1: Which race? Greenwood Furnace?

AT: Nice miles! I am also trying to figure out which shoes to take for the next 100-miler, my usual Cascadia 7's, or get a new pair of 10's. The 7's are "old" and have lots of miles on them, but I still have one pair that is in fairly good condition. I might prefer that over something new.

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy - good luck with the goodbyes.  It's always nice to have all the chickadees under one roof.

Couch - I'm thinking tried and true wins over new (shoes).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

some call me Tim

75 and sunny here today, and I made it over to the county park around the corner for the first time this year for 5mi or so. Trails were in great shape, but the local MTB club (which does 75% of the trail building and maintenance around here) diverted part of the trail around a rolling and rooty section, replaced it with a flat banked cut into the hillside and put a bunch of logs across the old trail. Yes, it had some erosion issues but it looks like their primary concern was flow, not trail integrity. WTF, somebody deserves a stick in the spokes!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a little over 5 miles in the hills this afternoon- beautiful weather here, high near 70

going to Casey Peak tomorrow w/ my brother who is visiting, will need snowshoes at least for part of the trip-should be fun 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √