Trailer Trash

Sooty Wednesdaily (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tiny E and I got screwed out of jaunt again due to smoke; we're now up to 600,000 acres burned, roughly the state of New Jersey  

might get on the treadmill this evening

qotd: your dream vacation?  I was thinking it would be fun to do one of the 4-ish day tours of the Alps that roughly traces the UTMB through France, Italy Switzerland- they take care of all lodging, food, etc- they provide a couple of guides, you just have to hike/run to the next little lodge

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Easy run at lunch.

Warden - hope fires are all out before we get there.

QOTD: Really want to run in / visit  Scotland and/or New Zealand.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

No run today, but probably 4 miles of walking today between dog walks and lawn mowing later. PT appointment this morning, so I did that, plus have another round of exercises to do later. Will do a short run tomorrow or Friday. Yippee!

QOTD: That hiking trip sounds pretty good, as just covering the distance and then having food, drink, lodging all ready at the end of each section sounds great. But I would probably choose Bora Bora or somewhere in the south pacific, more of sea/island type vacation. I have had some nice stays in St. John USVI that have been pretty fantastic.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

AT- you and me both; the Sprague fire on the east side of Lake McDonald has been pretty active resulting in the early shut down of the lodge

XT- a little running is a heck of a lot better than no running

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A short run last night.  For whatever reason I switched to night runs this week.

Sandy & others.  Praying for you all.  Stay safe.  I will be donating to the Red Cross - one of the only organizations I trust in times like this.

QOTD: I would say any beach with that beautiful blue water with DW and myself - no kids.  I would have said a nice remote hike or trail run location but DW needs to be with me for it be great and she would not do those.  So a beautiful beach it is.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

Did 8 this morning in a thick fog. Probably should of hit the treadmill cause of the fog but I just grabbed a extra light and hit the road. I only had one car pass me

QOTD: I would really like to take a month or more exploring the mountains out west.

Daydreamer1

Planned on 35-37 miles on the bike. It turned into 43 miles. While that might sound great it was due to trying to avoid fresh tar and chips on the road. Still had to ride about three miles in the junk .  Other then that it was a lovely ride on a beautiful day. Really couldn't get any better.  Seen some interesting things such as the bird that was about twice the size of a raven with a yellow beak and black and brown spotted feathers.  Thought maybe it was a immature eagle but it just looked different so not sure what it might have been.  Then there was the guy on a horse who saw me coming and veered off onto a stone road and stood the horse with it's back towards me . Of course when the horse heard the bike noise it was startled and jumped almost sending the rider off.  Don't know why he didn't turn the horse so it could see me.  Then a few miles later a half grown pig almost ran into me . Scared the crap out of me. Then There was the real big crane that kept flying in circles over me for about two miles .  Should have stayed out for another 40 miles.

QOTD:  A bike tour in Europe. There are quite a few that you can do and the one that I wanted to do was a tour of a lot of old castles. Beautiful scenery, lots of climbing, getting to explore castles, that's my dream vacation that will never happen.  I did think about picking a Alaska Moose hunt but that actually is something that I might get to do sometime.

Thinking about a bike tour like that reminded me of the guy from Washington that used to post here and did a lot of bike tours. He had been having some problems with running and stopped posting. Wonder if he still runs or bikes.

AT-runner

Tim

Sandy & others.  Praying for you all.  Stay safe.  I will be donating to the Red Cross - one of the only organizations I trust in times like this.

I donated to the Houston Food Pantry that was listed on Sandy's link.  No problem with the Red Cross, but I like to know where the money is being used, and they sure need safe food right now.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ran a fast 6 last night and enjoyed slipping and sliding in the mud. I had one spectacular fall that sort of strained my groin area. School was cancelled today, so I got out for 10. I have exceeded my goal mileage for August, but I will run 9 or 10 tomorrow anyway. Today was just a long hike for 2 hours and 46 minutes. I am trying to incorporate hiking into my plan, and I wanted to see how that groin was. It seemed fine. We will see tomorrow. I only have 65 days left before Pinhoti. My key long runs are coming up fast. This race has snuck up on me.

QOTD: We have our Yellowstone/Big Horn Wild and Scenic Trail run vacation next year. I plan on running the 52 miler. But I like that Alps trip, too.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this am for no good reason except to lay in bed with the oldman and the dogs.    No gym at lunch for no good reason except to sit here and write my RR for Marquette ....no plans for later either.

QOTD:  Still Alaska.  We had a family talk and it appears other children in my family have received fairly large sums of $$$ as either gifts or unpaid loans.  One idea my Dad had was to write those of us who have not received $$ a check to even it up...dreams of Italy and Alaska ran through my head.  I actually said "Take me to Alaska".  In the end we told the parents to just forget about what others received since they needed it the most.   but later when I saw how they blow money  I kinda felt it was a bit unfair.  Oh well.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

QOTD:  Still Alaska.  

Sue- you can visit me in Juneau; if this heat doesn't quit soon I'm moving there 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

After a week's worth of mileage in 4 days, discretion said to rest today.

qotd: My dream vacation would be hard to narrow down but several possibilities come to mind:

1) camping and hiking in Gates of the Arctic National Park

2) hiking village to village and hut to hut in the Bernese Oberland, Switzerland

3) hiking a circuit hut to hut in the Tyrols, Austria

4) hiking hut to hut in Jotenheimen National Park, Norway

5) hiking one of the long treks in New Zealand

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi this morning, went to see if the water went down any. It did but only a little.

qotd: The catered hikes in the alps sound good to me.

tbd.