Trailer Trash

Winning or Whining Wenesday (Read 29 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Jamie, XT, I also like maps and can spend quite some time looking at them, imagining where to go and how the landscape would look like. When we were children, my parents would give us the European Road Atlas, and my sister and me would be entertained for hours!

Jonferg: Glad to have you back! I am the same way, usually being the helpful one who always keeps her head straight, but that can be overwhelming at times, and then I have a hard time asking for help for myself. But we all need support at times, and asking for it is sometimes necessary to stay healthy, or to recover. I hope things will turn around soon.

traildc: Congrats! That distance is nice, quick and intense. Way to keep going.

Run for fun.

moonlightrunner

I ran a nice 7 tonight after work. I did get chewed by mosquitoes. They were non existent this spring, but have more than made up for it in their intensity.

Qotd: I am lucky to get my running in. I guess when I have spare time between work, running and essentially being a parent to two toddlers...I am a Google and news addict.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Intervals on the track tonight: 5 x (1000m at 10K pace, 200m recovery, 200m at 3K pace, 100m recovery)

QOTD: Does reading sci-fi and fantasy count? I like maps, too, but not into them enough to call it a hobby. I like travel, but mostly that's daydreaming and wishful thinking, not actual travel. I've dabbled a little with sketching with charcoal sticks and pencils also.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

some call me Tim

5 on some local trails today, and then another mile race tonight, finally on a track this time. It's been since high school that I've run the mile on a track, and it was a great experience. I probably left 15 seconds out there, but ran a very controlled race and finished in 5:19. Sub 5 is probable if I bothered to do the track work, but it's good enough for now.

qotd: tons, including songwriting - the thing I am actually really good at... And then reading, chess, writing, board games, audio electronics, woodworking blah blah blah. Not like I have time for half of it anyway.

anybody read the new Harper Lee? I haven't gotten into it yet but my wife loved it

Sandy-2

Did 5 mi up on the mountain after work today (Thurs).  About 90 deg. and humid.

I needed the run to decompress from watching dots progressing across Mongolia half the day.....  nerve wracking.  The reports said that our DD was struggling today.  I think lots of direct sun doesn't help.  They report sun stroke and vomiting, but the human medics said she could move on.....  so she did.  I got a very spotty call from her that dropped 3 times tonight, all I could tell that she was not feeling great, vomiting some, but generally improving.  She said she is staying with another family tonight because she is between Urtuu's again.  The hounds are chasing with the closest guy about 6 or 7 miles behind her.  Tomorrow will probably be a tough day.

qotd:  living overseas, I really don't have time for anything else at the moment.

tbd.