Trailer Trash

SpendTHRIFT Thursdalies (Read 28 times)

Daydreamer1

Looks like a semi nice day on tap here in central Pa. It would be nicer if there were a few less clouds but at least it won't be so hot.  The paving crew just showed up to start the grading work. Of course they handed me the first part of the bill already. Sitting here thinking of all the other things I could have done with the money , hence the spendthrift title. It will be nice, though, to have the pavement finished. Now it looks kind of trashy and snow removal is a bitch.  Of course I could always put out a crowdfunding request. Anyone want to donate ?

If DW want to go for a bike ride I'll end up going for about 17 miles with her, then do a 7 mile run. If she wants to walk I'll do a 8-9 mile run and meet her along the way.

QOTD: Anyone else doing any recent home improvements, or have any thing planned?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  Still smokey here, still hot, still dry- not a nice combo

4 miles on the dread mill again- made it a little different by ramping it up as high as the machine would go- still sucks

qotd: we've done some landscaping recently, have some more to do, but will wait until next Spring. Our home is only a couple of years old so fortunately not a lot needs done on the inside. I do think I'm going to put one of those rubbery floor coatings on the garage floor

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

5.1 miles on the road and 8.5 miles of hiking with the lovely GF.

QOTD We live in an apartment so not really.  I did put a shelf up last week if that counts!

AT-runner

Tim

14 miles on trails and logging roads. Nice and cool this morning and I was 5 minutes faster than my best time on this loop. What a difference good weather makes.

QOTD:  Yes, finishing up our new three seasons room. I've done all the work. Just need to do the bead board ceiling and get some flooring installed.

Tied it into our old house pretty nicely.

Red building is my workshop.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Ho-hum, another perfect day in Wi. Up at the shack in the far north, not a cloud to be seen, calm, and temp in the 60's. Effin' perfect. 

Just did 90 minutes out on the roller coaster mtn. bike trails near here, running btw and now it's time for chores. Arrived yesterday late afternoon to find we must of had a wicked storm as I had a big old hemlock down across my drive a couple hundred yards from the cabin and the drive itself is all cratered and half washed out.  First world problems I suppose.  I'm still planning some mtn. biking later and a longish run in the morn but must do some work now.  Oh, and there will be brats on the open fire and craft beer later. Good livin'.

QOTD-- Spendthrift is a good title. I'm not working and in the last few weeks we put in a new drive and a new fence at our home. We've lived there since '87 so I suppose things just age out.  No wonder DW says I have to go back to work. 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I enjoyed a 5.5 this am  with the mutts.  It was uneventful and pleasant.    May take a late late lunch and go to core class at 3.

QOTD:   My husband is consistently making changes to our house,   I wonder if we had built our own house how long would it take until he made additions or changes.   So right now he is in the beginning stages of building a deck off the kitchen and then putting in French doors to the deck.   This required him to remove a stone wall and cement lading out the back door so the step right there is about 3 feet and one wrong move and you fall off the 12 foot cliff which I almost did the other day.   I also know he wants to change the stairs to the front, redo the side deck, possible tear down the gazebo or at least put fake rocks on the cement clocks, possibly add another garage, or at least knock the porch off the existing garage and make more room...hell I just want to carpet the guess bedrooms!!! 

warden:  TM advice.   Play  games.   Like every 1/10 of a mile increase speed or grade until you are at the top and then reduce it ever 1/10 mile.   It helps make the time go by faster.   Oh that and TV.     Maybe just run in the smoke... what can it do to you at this point of your life. 

AT:   It looks nice.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

13 miles around Echo Mt and Lake Oseola.  Beautiful Morning.

QOTD  Not much untill it's time to seed yard.

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon all... Pretty good run last night at Coventry Woods trails. The Lady and I ran our usual 7 mile loop. Nice night, not very humid, mid 70's maybe, sunny and bright. I ramped up the effort just a bit and probably approached tempo effort. I was having some issues with sweat on my glasses and blurry vision so held back some because, well there are hills and rocks and I didn't want to go flying kersplat. Oh, also found $12 sitting on the trail. A tenspot and two ones. No one was out there so I kept it obviously. Finders keepers. Tonight. Similar distance run maybe over at Green Lane.

QOTD: No big projects here, plus I am rather inept at home repair other than simple stuff and maintenance. We do to have our driveway resealed. I'll probably hire it out as it's been too many years and could use a professional touch.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Red building is my workshop.

AT: Are you building a better human brain in that workshop?

I ran 5.X this morning. It was nice out, 61*F.

QOTD: I put in a nice drainage system for my backyard recently. It solved a number of problems, all for about a hundred bucks. Other than that, I haven't done much lately.

LB2

Watoni

Adjusted the cleats on my new shoes and did an hour on the bike with a 1300 foot climb before work. Running two days in a row is still not in the plan, and I feel yesterday's run in the ankle so PT today after work will be a joy Wink

QOTD: Nope ...

Daydreamer1

AT - That looks like it was a nice project and turned out well. How did you find time to run while doing that?

NH - Our drive was put in back in '85 so part of it was in really bad shape. There were plenty of times I thought about just letting it go to powder and saving the money cause spending money means working more and working sucks . They only problem is that snow removal is going to be a lot easier.

Queen - I got tired just reading about doing all that work.

Xtreme - I do as much of my own work as possible, but, I will not seal my own driveways. I had the drive at the back of my house sealed earlier this year for $217.00. The sealer alone would have cost me >$100.00 and I would have spent 5-6 hours of misery brushing it on. No thanks. Time is better spent on the trails or the bike.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Queen - I got tired just reading about doing all that work.

It wears me out too...but he's self employed and has lost a time.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

AT: Are you building a better human brain in that workshop?

I had longer hair in this picture.

dreamer - We're empty nesters, so even with running, plenty of time (plus I don't watch much TV).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

AT - That looks like it was a nice project and turned out well. How did you find time to run while doing that?

+1 to that!   If I had that workshop I would probably be immersed in all kinds of cool projects.  Nice job AT but where did you find the time?  You know, I watch some of these different home shows as the TV is on in the background often and I am amazed at some of these metro sexual guys arguing with their wives over paint colors for the kitchen. Huh? Who gives a crap about that stuff? Show me the garage, backyard and deck, where can I have a man cave and a workshop. Nothing else matters really.

Forgot to mention on the projects I'll be installing a new toilet at home on Monday with my daughters boyfriend. Should be some real bonding with the young fella. 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a nice 7 mile loop de loop at Blue Marsh Lake.  Almost perfect weather.  Definitely a bit thrifty for us recently coming off the summer where DW didn't work much.  But now the kids are in school, she will be working more so things will get better.  Oldest DS is starting band this year and wow instruments are expenisve!!!

Watoni - patience! Take the runs when you can but don't over do it.

AT - very nice on the addition.  Looks like it came out great.  Are you happy with it?

Yay for the little league team from PA.  Great game last night! Hard to believe those kids are 12/13 yrs old the way they were pitching.

QOTD: We moved into our home last summer and there is a long list of projects although nothing too huge.  We gutted the landscaping so that is fairly big in that we need to build it back up but we are in no rush to do it all at once.  Need to patch the lawn as it is rough.  The home we moved into wasn't inhabited in the previous 7 years.  I am in the middle of painting the entire downstairs.  I need to do some insulation the ceiing of the garage (under the one bedroom), would like to get in a couple ceiling fans this fall and would like to start the process of finishing our basement this winter (starting with framing it out).  Oh and I need to seal the driveway this fall.  Oh the joys of homeownership!

Have a great day/night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday