Trailer Trash

Another Appalachian Trail Record Attempt (Read 24 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

The day I ran with Scott Jurek, I talked to him, and he said he wanted to keep his trip more under the radar. Now it looks like he'll have all the tracking that Scott had, so won't be under the radar at all. Starting in Katahdin in a good idea, plus he's going to avoid most of the really hot weather that Scott had to deal with.

Jamie, you had a chance to talk to him, didn't you?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

I was just thinking about this several days ago. I knew he wanted to try it again but somewhere I had read that he was considering doing it incognito to keep from getting distracted by the crowds of people.  Any idea what date he's going to start?

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

How does one prepare for such a feat? With 57 ultra-wins, seven marathon wins and 38 100-mile wins (world record) already under his belt, Meltzer is in pretty good shape.

Ya think?

You people have issues 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Yes, I talked to him for a good 5+ minutes.  He pretty much said he would be back for the third attempt this year.  I don't really remember him saying anything about under the radar or similar to Scott.  But obviously, he is going for the glory this time.  I wonder if he will get the "crowds" that Scott did? I imagine he will get some but not nearly as much.  Just my opinion though.

Jamie, you had a chance to talk to him, didn't you?

I was looking for the start date too but other than "august" I cannot find one.  I would bet that they will go to Maine and really watch the weather to get a good stretch of going through Maine.  It was that long stretch of wilderness that almost did him in during one of his previous attempts.  I think there was a lot of rain and his feet suffered due to that.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

But obviously, he is going for the glory this time.

I think you may be right on this...   but, I would also say that there is probably an element of "documenting and proving" what he does for the FKT records too.  Of course he wouldn't have to make that public until afterwards if he wanted to fly below the radar.

tbd.