Trailer Trash

clean as a whistle Saturday (Read 21 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

that's what the Doc told me yesterday   not sure what they used (via IV), but one minute I was making a little small talk with the doc, next minute I was laying in another room w/ the procedure over- good stuff

going to get a long run in today- I'm debating between a 12 miler and a 16 miler, we'll see

qotd: Netflix? if so what are you watching?  I just started Marco Polo- like it; just finished up Ripper Street- liked it too

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

7.4 on the rail trail last night.

QOTD We just finished House of Cards. I heard the movie about the Barkley's race is on there so that's next.

Daydreamer1

The night shift was a little too busy for my liking, had to come home and catch a nap. Now it's off to the mountain for about 11 miles. A little cooler today. Now were are only about 15-20 degrees above normal.

Warden: If it was a milky white substance it's Propofol,  also known as Diprivan.  Had it for my Lithotripsy when they busted up my kidney stones.  Talking one second, Out like a light the next.  The best thing about it????  Even though the patient is sedated they say the darnedest things sometimes.  Apparently the stuff acts like truth serum .  Best to make sure your wife can't question you while you're under the influence of it .

QOTD:  Netflix?????? What is this Netflix thing you speak of??????   Just asked DS about it. Apparently I'm paying for it as he and DW share a subscription. For some reason he won't tell me what he's watching on it .   Oh yea, I might have watched an episode of Emergency on it several months ago when I was on the elliptical.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going to get a long run in today- I'm debating between a 12 miler and a 16 miler, we'll see

OK- 16 it is  

DD- didn't pay attention- I guess a good patient would ask what he's receiving before they stick it in me- it did work in a snap and left a 45-ish minute gap of nothingness- which was just fine by me 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

bagge_pants

7.5 miles with speework and hills - was 1.5 mile warm up, 20 sec on, 10 sec off, 20 sec on, ten sec off, 20 sec on, 30 sec off x 4 on the grass, then 5 min jogging recovery to the fallow hills followed by 200 m hill followed by 100 m downhill followed by 100 m uphill followed by 200 m downhill x 4 with jogging recovery between but even the downhills were ran hard. Then a cool down.

I can say despite a set back two weeks ago with a slight injury I'm the fittest I've been running wise in awhile. My left leg feels about 95%. In three weeks time it should be gone and back to normal. All I'm doing until a fat ass on April 2nd, is just maintain my fitness. I've done plenty of long runs and mileage now I just want to work on some core, swimming to even out any muscle imbalances and relax! Still on that every other day running plan too.

QOTD: I'm not on the netflix currently. Random tv shows I have liked have been Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Workaholics, Parks and Recreation, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development and mostly anything on Discovery, History, Comedy Central and MTV

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

No trails today. Met up with a half dozen others who  are also registered for Dawn to Dusk to Dawn races for a track workout...15 miles on the track for me. One of the guys ran about 40 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

20 this morning on my favorite trails.  My left knee is hurting me.  Hopefully its nothing serious.

wc - 15 on a track?? wowsers!

QOTD: started watching Walking Dead.  Never saw that before.  It's ok.  Not really hooked on it.

Have a good night.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

second rest day in a row.  Volunteered at my running group's water station for a big half and full marathon this morning and all that standing in the cold, on the road really took it out of me.   Also reminded me that trail runners really are my crowd.    tomorrow am, little DS and I are running a race-- paved trail, quite flat-- him 5k, me 15k.  It is a fun and small race.  And supports a good cause.  Good beer at the end, too.

qotd:  We finished Broadchurch recently-- very good.  I haven't  yet found a replacement.  I tend to get hooked, watch for  a while, then get distracted.  I still have the last two seasons to watch of Breaking Bad.

Sandy-2

Did my 16 miler over the mountain and then back via the east coast.  The first 4 miles goes up the south side about 2100 ft and then stays up there for a while before the trail plunges down the north side.  I also slip down towards the east and take some rolling hills back. A great little run, although the way back is on a little too much sidewalk, but since it's along the coast there aren't too many road crossings.

qotd: we binge-watched House of Cards but then nothing for a while, but now we have to watch the last season.

tbd.