Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily 6/12 (Read 18 times)

NorthernHarrier

A little over 4 hour drive home just now. Rain the entire way and at times torrential. Normally I love to drive and feel very relaxed, daydreaming away but not so much today as I know I need new tires so I was on edge a little. Now I'm tired. And I guess complaining.    No run today, it was a scheduled off day as I'm trying to be a little more ridgid in my approach over the next 10-12 weeks but now that I'm home I'll do some weights and maybe some time on the elliptical.

Ran tempo/intervals yesterday on a nearby sweet paved bike path up there that I occasionally utilize and on the topic of judging I realized I was doing a random survey as I often do on bike paths by counting the people that don't wear a bike helmet. Can't help it as that is just incredibly dumb. So yes I was judging and harshly.

QOTD--Not really sure what constitutes a failure and in who's eyes anyway. I know I've bitten off more than I can chew at times but I never thought it was a failure. Just a misadventure. Never ran a 4 minute mile but it wasn't a failure.  Example--I once totally crashed and burned in a whitewater canyon at flood stage. Almost died, wrecked a boat, and spent time in an emergency room. Not a failure to me, just a helluva adventure and one I don't need to do again. 

Looking forward to my hike tomorrow with Mandy where we'll discuss judging, failures, relationships, and probably talk about you guys.  LOL!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

May be TMI but due to my low heart rate I received less  anesthesia for my colonoscopy than last time and woke up in the middle while he was trying to ram that thing further up.  Was pretty uncomfortable.  It was interesting seeing the inside of my colon though....especially as the camera came out.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

in case Queen missed it, my teats workout from yesterday

the other  qotd:

I’ve screwed up a bunch stuff, race related and otherwise, but never had any worries about failure; hard to imagine going through life and everything you did/tried was successful

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Warden's QOTD: I would still take my Big Horn 4X4 over anything.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Another easy 5.2 miles

qotd: Edison had a number of interesting quotes on failure. Here's a few of them.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward

I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.

I have failed to reach some goals, both running and non-running.  I think I learned something each time.

Warden's QOTD: I really have no interest in cars except as a mode of transportation, so I'm quite satisfied with my reliable 1998 Subaru Legacy SW.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run so far, I will try to get a few miles in later.

It’s my DS’s birthday, and now he is officially a teenager. 

I am also stressed ou a bit because he is getting his full braces tomorrow, and then go on vacation with his friend’s family to Myrtle Beach for a week the next day.

Maybe instead of worrying, I should focus on the peace and quiet that I’ll enjoy then while he’s gone. 

QOTD: I don’t set specific goals other than finishing a race within the cutoff, and I don’t consider not meeting that goal, or a time that I want to beat in shorter races, as a failure. At least as long as I know I tried my best. I like Lisa Bliss’ quote better: “There’s no failure in trying!” For me, I much rather challenge myself by asking : “Can I do this?” Instead of saying: “I want/need to accomplish this.” So I don’t feel like failing if I can’t  do it.

In absolute terms, and in real life, I have had my share of fails, but so far that hasn’t permanently discouraged me.  

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

in case Queen missed it, my teats workout from yesterday

I've hugged Sue, and those are bigger. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄